• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • I sip an Italian Sports Drink out of a metal container while playing.  No sips if I make a bogey.  One sip if I make a par.  2 sips for a birdie.  Had an eagle yesterday... 3 sips.  Heaven forbid I have a hole in one!
    • In around '71, a friend of mine gave me $50 to write his algebra exam at Uni.  Of course I forgot all about that, until he stopped by to remind me. I was in the building where we were writing and had just finished one of my own. and then had dropped some acid. Didn't blink an eye. Just went on in and proceeded to pass that exam for him. But to take a drink while golfing and possibly screw up my game, not a chance.
    • Today I left home at 3:30 drove 20 minutes each way to the course, paid, putted for a few minutes while someone else finished the first hole (par 3), played 9 holes with a little bit of waiting on the 2nd and 8th holes and made it home by 6:00.  That was a decent pace of play day. And even then I worried that the single bend us was going to catch us and think we were playing too slow. I think he skipped the last 2 holes because I never saw him tee off on #8 while we teed off on #9.
    • When I was much younger golf was something to do when we were drinking.  Now that I am a little more mature I almost never drink when I golf. Probably because I play with my son more than anyone else. My son was our designated driver after a recent day trip with a couple friends.  Even then we didn't drink until the 19th hole.  Tomorrow we are playing in a charity scramble, so there is a chance I will have a couple beers during that round.
    • Today's finishing hole requires that most average golfers layup due to water beginning at 200 yards and requiring a 260 carry to clear it. The last time I played I hit a 4H into the water since fairways are dry and rolling. Today I hit a 6 iron pure and it stopped about 3 feet short of the water. That is as good a 6 that I can hit. And then I had 130 to the pin and hit an A-wedge to 3 feet. So after 2 consecutive best shots ever, I missed the birdie putt for the worst shot ever. I did however play the last 5 holes in 1 over after playing the first 4 in 10 over par (guessing as I quit counting on 1 hole).
  • Today's Birthdays

1. halcon
      halcon
      (54 years old)
    2. jbwright84
      jbwright84
      (37 years old)
    3. mdg74
      mdg74
      (48 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...