IGNORED

Tiger Hitting Balls Again - How will he do in 2015?

Note: This thread is 2451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How will Tiger do in 2015?

• 5+ wins including 1+ majors
    • 2-4 wins including 1+ majors
    • 2+ wins including no majors
    • 1 win of some kind
    • No wins, but a solid year
    • A horrible year altogether

There is a lot of "IFs"  I voted no majors and feel until he can hit his driver long and in the fairway there won't be a major in his future. If he can't keep it in the fairway it limits his putting. Look at number of putts made by major winners, green in reg and driving accuracy...it all comes together for some.

Other thoughts,

OK his back (might be 100%) what injury will be next? His history of nagging injuries is pretty significant and can not be over looked or cast to the side. he has said time and time again he feels good,fine or he will only play when he thinks he can win.... this time its different????

He'll win 1-2 or 3 tourneys, that play into his game or lack a full field. There must be over 75-80 tourneys now he could play.

I really no longer believe that any player is intimidated by him or the crowds of pink hats that follow him.

One only has to look at the players on the ryder cup to see that their is some serious talent out there.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really no longer believe that any player is intimidated by him or the crowds of pink hats that follow him.

Crowds with pink hats?  Did I miss something?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Crowds with pink hats?  Did I miss something?

Pinks hats: a loosely known phrase to describe casual fans, bandwagoners, I.e people who never watch a baseball game until their city's team is in the playoffs or World Series. " Pink hats" !

I voted 1 win of some kind. I hope it's many more but going solo on the coaching and the back surgeries will mess with his head. He seems like a very isolated person as it is now. He had such a huge mental (and physical) advantage on the field. I think both of those are greatly diminished.

In my opinion the regular season wins for Tiger are not what he is looking for. 2013 was a banner year for anyone not named Woods, but for Tiger it did not move him anywhere in his position in the game. He is still the 2nd or 1st best golfer of all time (depending on your position) but 2013 did not move the needle for him in terms of his position in the game. Only majors will change his position in the game now. I think he will win again in 2015.

For majors I am concerned about his mental approach. The 2013 PGA Championship should have been his. He blitz the field at Firestone and was playing great in 2013, but he struggled at Oak Hill. This makes me wonder if the major problem is not mental as much as any physical problems. I expect him to contend at all the majors but a win is doubtful.

With three wins on the PGA Tour next year, Tiger will equal Sam Snead on most PGA wins.

And with 4 majors he will tie up Jack. :beer:

Pinks hats: a loosely known phrase to describe casual fans, bandwagoners, I.e people who never watch a baseball game until their city's team is in the playoffs or World Series. " Pink hats" !

Hmmph, never heard that before.  Given the associations it seems like using the term could get a PGA President canned.

In my opinion the regular season wins for Tiger are not what he is looking for. 2013 was a banner year for anyone not named Woods, but for Tiger it did not move him anywhere in his position in the game. He is still the 2nd or 1st best golfer of all time (depending on your position) but 2013 did not move the needle for him in terms of his position in the game. Only majors will change his position in the game now. I think he will win again in 2015.

For majors I am concerned about his mental approach. The 2013 PGA Championship should have been his. He blitz the field at Firestone and was playing great in 2013, but he struggled at Oak Hill. This makes me wonder if the major problem is not mental as much as any physical problems. I expect him to contend at all the majors but a win is doubtful.

Tiger wants the Snead record, IMO, and so the regular tour wins DO mean a lot to him, IMO.

I  voted 2+ with no majors. If there had been a 2 of some kind, I would have voted that. It is a crap shoot, and I feel mostly depends on health first, choice of or even not choosing a coach second. More important than a specific coach is a swing that he trusts.

Tiger knows how to win and knows how to win a major. If he is healthy and finds a swing he trusts, and like Nicklaus in 86 is thrown back into it, he could certainly win a major. If he stays healthy and finds a swing he trusts, I feel he could have a few more really productive years. It would be more like Phil in '13 than Tiger in '00, though, but with health he could do this into his 40's and possibly catch Jack's record. He is 38, and Rory, Jordan, Ricky, et al are not.

He'll be back. Here's how he will do it. He will have 3 hybrids in his bag (regular flex shafts - no driver), hit a Nike MOJO ball, and use a long broomstick putter. No wedge greater than 52 degrees, and a chipping iron to complete his set. He will also be wearing the new line of Nike plaid pants, complete with white belt and painters' cap. Stevie Williams will return as his caddy, sporting a new Nike bag on a 3-wheel push cart. :-D

• 2 weeks later...
I think everyone would like to see him do well, including other pros, the tv executives, the sponsors... Tiger doing well is good for just about everyone.

I wonder if Tiger even knows how to win as a near 40 year old with a body that's facing the ages of time.

His days of dominating golf courses and the competition are behind him.  IMO, he's going to have to figure out how to win differently.  Can his ego face that and succeed?  I don't know.

I went with 2 wins no majors ... I hope he in the mix for some majors though ... How about a poll for how many famous white chicks he "dates" ... I think I could guess that one better ...

I wonder if Tiger even knows how to win as a near 40 year old with a body that's facing the ages of time.

His days of dominating golf courses and the competition are behind him.  IMO, he's going to have to figure out how to win differently.  Can his ego face that and succeed?  I don't know.

He did pretty well in 2013, so not sure he forgot how to win in just a year.  Lowest Score Wins, so not sure he needs to do anything differently than he did in 2013 or before.  He hasn't led the Tour in driving distance for a while, so not sure where you believe his game has changed.  He needs to be healthy imo, the talent is there.

Note: This thread is 2451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!