IGNORED

Mini Tour Play

Ben
Note: This thread is 1557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks BH25. Today was a different story unfortunately. Did finish 1-under, but that only got me a tie for 9th. The greens really fooled me. Actually, I was just being a girl and not getting my putts to the hole. Hit the ball pretty solid though. Just missed out on about 6 legit birdies. Oh well, I did get myself a little money back. We'll see what next week brings.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Hey, you wanna try living in England!! There is hardly anything to play in. We have a golf season that lasts from April to September if we are lucky. Then its just cold, wet and miserable the rest of the time. Not that i'm complaining lol! I'm hoping to come over to the states this winter and play in a few events. I've been looking on the Minor Golf League website. Those evnts look quite affordable. Has anyone ever played in one of those events? Can anyone recommend where to stay in Florida, in terms of best for golf, events and practise? Chhers

Unfortunately I don't have any personal experience with the Florida Mini-Tours, but, I have heard that they are very good! Big fields, small entry fees, good payouts.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Keep it up Ben. Sounds like you are playing pretty good and having some nice success...sounds like the complete opposite of my tournament play...haha.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

hey question for guys playing on the golf channel tour.

I've been trying to convince my grandpa to go out and play with me as something fun we could do together. He's prob a 11 handicap, but he refuses to play any mini tour stuff like that because he's convinced people are just out to shark people.

he's staunch in his belief that there will always be a guy that lies about their handicap or somehow sneaks under the radar then shoots some ridiculous number to guarantee a win in his flight. And is it different for people in my HC range the 10-15 and 15-20 range? is it even worth it to go play or should i wait for single digits?

any thoughts on this ? i'd love to get him out there but he's old and stubborn ;)

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

hey question for guys playing on the golf channel tour.

I don't know about the golf channel tour but the one I am playing in next year, they keep up with it. If I tell them I am a 10 and after a tournement or two I am shooting scores of a 4, then they will move me to the top. They keep up with this all year to ensure there is no sandbagging. If the players are good enough and can guess at what the score will be, then I guess they could still sandbag, but if they get caught in this tour..then they are banned from playing on it any longer and forfeit all of their winnings. Right now I am sitting pretty at a 5.2. 5.0 is the top of the first flight!!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Awesome job on the win Ben!

Watching you start birdie birdie at rustic right after you got out of the car was some of the best opening golf I have seen first hand. We should def do that again.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Unfortunately I don't have any personal experience with the Florida Mini-Tours, but, I have heard that they are very good! Big fields, small entry fees, good payouts.

Thanks, i'l look forward to getting started over there. I've heard its a little easier playing over there, better greens, less wind etc...England is tough man!! Any views on that?

Driver - Nike Sumo SQ 8.5 degree AldilaVS Proto
Fairawy wood - Titleist 903f2 Vodoo
Irons - Titleist Z Blend Forged Project X 5.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2Ball - Pro V1

Awesome job on the win Ben!

Thanks man. Yeah, Rustic was fun. Too bad I couldn't keep the birdies going.

England is tough man!! Any views on that?

Yeah, I'm sure Europe is tough. I nice place to visit, but playing? Dunno about that. I'm a Southern California native. Don't know if I could really handle freezing, windy, rainy golf. I can do all of the above, but not at the same time. No thanks. I'll be shooting for the Asian Tour or Korean Tour Q-Schools this winter.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'll be shooting for the Asian Tour or Korean Tour Q-Schools this winter.

Good luck on that! Would be totally awesome to make a living golfing.

I'll be shooting for the Asian Tour or Korean Tour Q-Schools this winter.

Not the Japan tour?

We're rooting for you.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Yeah, the plans for Japan fell through. Off to Asia for me.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Thanks man. Yeah, Rustic was fun. Too bad I couldn't keep the birdies going.

Hey good look with The Asian Tour. How does it work? Will you have to go to Asian Q school? How much do you expect it will cost? I've spent the last 3 years basically playing 6 months on then 6 months off, without picking up a club! It takes me 3 months of the start of the season to get back to where I was the previous season. I'm planning on coming over to the states every winter from now on so i can keep a competitive edge. Can anyone recommend where to stay, play etc...What events to play in, types of jobs available!! Would really apreciate any advice guys, and here is my advice for you all......never visit England in the winter lol!

Wedges - Titleist Vokey

Hey good look with The Asian Tour. How does it work? Will you have to go to Asian Q school? How much do you expect it will cost?

What sort of job are you looking for? College degree? Visa available? It's a bit tougher for you to move from England to Florida than it would be for me to move to Florida, what with the paperwork and all.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Hey good look with The Asian Tour. How does it work? Will you have to go to Asian Q school? How much do you expect it will cost?

Yeah, I'll be going to QSchool. Here's a link to the info on last year's entry info:

http://www.asiantour.com/resources/2...6938906532.pdf Looks like its gonna be $3000 for the two stages. Plus probably another $2000 for travel.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

What sort of job are you looking for? College degree? Visa available? It's a bit tougher for you to move from England to Florida than it would be for me to move to Florida, what with the paperwork and all.

Honestly, i'd be looking for any kind of work. Just something to pay my way whilst i'm over there. Bar work, waiter, picking up balls on the range. Anything basically. I'm in the process of applying for my visa. Wow thats quite expensive, didn't think it would be that much for Asian Q school. Thanks i'l check out the link. Over the last couple of years i've been going to winter training with the Lancashire squad. We got to play some graet courses like Royal Birkdale, Royal Lytham and Southport and Ainsdale. But when its -1 degree, freezing cold wind and you can't feel your fingers for the cold its not much fun!!

I hope golf in the states is as much fun as it looks from here!

Wedges - Titleist Vokey

Honestly, i'd be looking for any kind of work. Just something to pay my way whilst i'm over there. Bar work, waiter, picking up balls on the range. Anything basically. I'm in the process of applying for my visa. Wow thats quite expensive, didn't think it would be that much for Asian Q school. Thanks i'l check out the link. Over the last couple of years i've been going to winter training with the Lancashire squad. We got to play some graet courses like Royal Birkdale, Royal Lytham and Southport and Ainsdale. But when its -1 degree, freezing cold wind and you can't feel your fingers for the cold its not much fun!!

It is :) especially where I am located!

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

Note: This thread is 1557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!