IGNORED

Mini Tour Play

Ben
Note: This thread is 1559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Awesome! That's some nice playing. Way to stick with it on the first day, it's always awesome to not let a disaster get to you.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Are you looking at any of the SCPGA tournies? I know the good ones are few and far between but they do offer some serious competition and good payouts if the sponsors line up. I mainly played in those when I was in the business.

u always have some great posts about your tourneys Ben
so whats ur deal? I mean your story? is it in your Blogs from start to finish?
id like to read about it.....so are you trying to to go Q-school and earn ur card?

good luck w future tourneys bro!

Edit: just read all 17 of your blogs
Asian Q-School sounded cool

so where now from here?
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I'm glad to hear you have good memories of the place now. Congrats on good golf.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Are you looking at any of the SCPGA tournies? I know the good ones are few and far between but they do offer some serious competition and good payouts if the sponsors line up. I mainly played in those when I was in the business.

I am actually on suspension with the PGA for taking too long to finish Level 1. That being the case I can't play the tournaments either. Bum deal for me. But oh well, there is plenty of opportunity on the GSTour.

u always have some great posts about your tourneys Ben

Thanks for the words.

From here, just what I'm doing keep on the Mini-Tour grind. Build confidence in what I'm capable of. Try Asian Tour of Japan Tour or Korean Tour Qschool next year. More than likely it'll be Asian Tour again.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Thanks to everyone who is following!

Well, today was an odd one. Good but bad but good at The Golf Club of California for the Golden State Tour event. 4-over, 76. No under par, no money!

The bad: Another goofy start, 3-over after 5 and finished the front at 3-over. 3 penalty strokes from poor drives. (I can't wait to get my shaft replaced, things will be so much better!). And, a double to finish the round.

The good: Hit a lot of really solid approach shots, made a few good up and downs, destroyed the course with my favorite Diablo Edge 3wood (I LOVE this thing!), and made an eagle on the par 5 10th (3wood came into action with this one.) The bogey on hole 2 was a lost ball birdie on a par 5. And I saved another stroke on the Par 5 14th after hitting a tee shot into a red-staked hazard.

I'm back to Temecula Creek Inn on Monday. Should be fun!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Great thread, and great work Ben! Nice to see things going well for you!

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

April 5th, 2010 Golden State Tour at Temecula Creek Inn (again). Man, my car is putting in some work!

Anyway, my first ever event in the rain. Sometimes light, sometimes steady, sometimes calm, sometimes windy. Sometimes all four scenarios on the same hole!

The bad news first. Two 3-putts. One extra stroke from not sticking to my game plan. One shorty putt missed. Trees were my enemy.

The good news. I never used the weather as an excuse nor lost my head, even after doubling the first hole. haha (That's the shorty I missed.) I played better as the weather was getting worse. Sharp control of my wedges; birdied two of the four par-5s with wedge in my hand. The practice with my rain jacket on all day yesterday paid off. I rarely felt uncomfortable in it today.

Shot(s) of the day: 8iron from 150y in to the 6th green. Tucked in the back behind a bunker, rain was steady on this shot. High fade to 2 feet, made the putt. Shot 2: Bunker shot on 12. Front bunker, sitting on an up-slope, bit of a lip in front of me. Had about 15y to the pin. 1 foot, nice par. That was after I'd just 3-putted for bogey on 11. Feel good up and down for par.

Hole of the Day: My par on the par-5 4th. Tried to get a little fancy on my second shot. Was laying up with a hybrid from 250 hitting out of the rough. Hit a solid shot, but a limb on top of a tree grabbed my ball and knocked it straight down to 235y and still in the rough. Pinche trees. Nailed a 3 wood to pin high from there! Still had a bit of a putt in front of me. I was on the fringe and somewhat up against the rough with a left to right breaker of about 45'. Solid 2-putt

That being said I finished at 2 over par for the day. Kind of a let down, but in retrospect, I feel good about this round.

The best news: I got to clear my mind by cleaning my car when I got home. puuurty

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Always enjoy the updates. Thanks Ben.

S9-1 10.5 Driver
S9-1 3 Wood
FT Hybrid 18 degree
X-14 Pro Series 3-PW
54.10 and 60.4 wedges Whitehot XG #9 Putter

Nice Ride Ben! Thanks for the update!

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

http://www.guestlife.com/media/Guest...pen-Qualifier/

Ben, Didn't know if you knew about this one.
Should be pretty nice out here and the course has been in excellent shape the last few times I played there

In my Bennington Cart Bag
Cleveland Launcher 9* Graffaloy Comp NT 65X
Titleist 906F2 15* Aldila NV 85S Pink
Nike Slingshot 2H Factory S Shaft
Mizuno MP 32 3-PW DG S300TaylorMade RAC 52* and 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour RossieBridgestone B330-RX

what's a good mini pro tour to play in around the west coast area?

I know of two that are in California. The Pepsi Tour plays in Northern and Southern California. Arizona as well. The Golden State Tour plays throughout Southern California. I've got this site bookmarked:

http://www.dmoz.org/Sports/Golf/Orga...ns/Mini-Tours/ its a list of mini tours in the US.

Wow, I should have thought about trying Local Qualifying at a course near Pebble. Sheesh, I just checked USGA's website and I there is still room to sign up there. But, I've already signed up at a course near me. Looks like a great course to play regardless of trying to qualifying or just fun.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Wow, I should have thought about trying Local Qualifying at a course near Pebble. Sheesh, I just checked USGA's website and I there is still room to sign up there. But, I've already signed up at a course near me. Looks like a great course to play regardless of trying to qualifying or just fun.

If you ever decide to come up this way to play before the Open. I'd love to play a round with you. I suck but I get out there to have fun and make my game better. Plus Bayonet or Blackhorse will definetly tighten up your game as there is not a lot of room for errors on either course

In my Bennington Cart Bag
Cleveland Launcher 9* Graffaloy Comp NT 65X
Titleist 906F2 15* Aldila NV 85S Pink
Nike Slingshot 2H Factory S Shaft
Mizuno MP 32 3-PW DG S300TaylorMade RAC 52* and 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour RossieBridgestone B330-RX

• 3 weeks later...
Freakin' Finally! After three different shafts in my FT Tour I found one I can manage. From the Aldila Voodoo 70g X, to the Aldila VS Proto 60g X.

Played on the GS Tour's Monthly Sponsors Shootout today at the Mission Hills Pete Dye Course in Rancho Mirage. By the 15th hole I really figured out how to put a swing on a driver, after a month of struggling, and boy do I feel good again. Although I finished with a piddly score of 1-over, only eight shot off the lead, hahaha, because of some really great tee shots, I finished strong with three birdies on the last four holes. Bad news is that I threw a 3-putt in between in there too. yay golf. Had only 82y left on the 423y 17th. Those three of the last four holes were my only real highlights. I did have a birdie early on the par-5 6th. But I only had 5-iron in to the green so it was a birdie or a broken 5-iron.

I love golf in The Desert (Palm Springs). Its just feel good golf on awesome courses in perfect weather. 92* with a breathe of wind all day today.

http://www.westinmissionhillsgolf.com/courses.php

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Freakin' Finally! After three different shafts in my FT Tour I found one I can manage. From the Aldila Voodoo 70g X, to the Aldila VS Proto 60g X.

Ahh you're making me so excited for this weekend!! I have a place down in Palm Desert and I'll be there this weekend for four rounds of absolutely perfect golf and to top it off, this PLAYERS is going to be very exciting I think. A lot of people can't handle the desert heat this time of year (and especially once it starts reaching 110+) but I actually enjoy it even more than winter weather in the desert. Cooler full of ice, a large water, and a damp towel and I'm ready to go!

Yesterday my father and I went to play a round here in WA and no more than 5 minutes after we paid it turned from partly cloudy to an 8 hour downpour. My passion for golf has been increasing rapidly lately and I feel I can no longer stand the state of Washington and its miserable playing conditions. Apart from a few months a year, it seems to be a true gamble to go play a round and receive good conditions.

Best 9 holes: 35 (Trilogy at Redmond Ridge, 3163y, Par 35/70, 70.0/131)
Best 18: [b]77[b] (Palm Valley CC, 6545y, 71.4/126)
Notable career achievement: I have NEVER four-putt.

Hey Ben,

Palm Springs is pretty nice for golf thats for sure. I jut got back from a week there and I love driving the ball down there. How did you enjoy Mission Hills? Theres a local Tour up here in Vancouver called the Vancouver Golf Tour which i play on when I can and they have an allegiance with the HI5 Tour out of Spain, have you thought about trying some Euro golf. I would like to play an event next year. Great experience and some nice travel.
http://www.vancouvergolftour.com/
www.hi5protour.com

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

Hey Ben,

Mission Hills has some fun courses. The player course that I played that day is not terribly long, not much defense either. Greens are all pretty flat. All my putts but one were inside the the cup. Start it outside and miss. I'm playing the Pete Dye course in a two-day event Thursday and Friday.

As far as Euro golf goes. Never thought about it really. It'd be nice to play the loop of western europe, Spain, Lisbon. Other than that, I'm not much for the cold. Asian Tour is more my speed, that's why I tried their QSchool last year, and not Euro Tour Q School.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 1559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!