IGNORED

Mini Tour Play

Ben
Note: This thread is 1557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just read all pages - keep this going Ben - congrats on your win!

This thread has inspired me to really try to give my game a true hard look and really improve. I've found that I score so much better in tournaments than casual rounds. I'm going to re-join my old golf league and play in every tournament I can find. Thanks, Ben.
What's in R7 Bag:

R5 Dual 9.5 degree
3DX Pro 4-PW irons
3FT Hybrid 54 & 56 wedges*Gigagolf Trufeel putterMy blog:http://matt10-livethedream.blogspot.com/

Congrats on your win. Reading this thread often gives me that motivational boost to improve my game.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Its nice to hear that some of you enjoy the thread. Thanks!

Been off for a week, but have a few tournaments coming up. Feb 23rd on the Golden State Tour, March 1st on the Pepsi Tour and March 2 on the GS Tour again.

I really need to break through on the GS Tour. Better competition there with bigger fields and bigger paydays...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Congrats on your win. Reading this thread often gives me that motivational boost to improve my game.

I'd like to second this.

I really need to break through on the GS Tour. Better competition there with bigger fields and bigger paydays...

And yet, a guy from the Pepsi Tour sank the longest putt on the PGA Tour last year, if I remember correctly.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Its nice to hear that some of you enjoy the thread. Thanks!

Hope you played well today.

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

Yesterday was quite frustrating. And, I have excuses for my poor play. Hooray!

A) I have never played the course before, and course knowledge came into play on a few of the tee shots. Blind landing areas cost me.

2) I was ill-prepared to play. I hadn't hit a range ball in a week. Nor had I taken any time to practice chipping or putting. Which is were the majority of my extra strokes came from.

So, it was really my fault for my poor play. Just a bad time.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

2) I was ill-prepared to play. I hadn't hit a range ball in a week. Nor had I taken any time to practice chipping or putting. Which is were the majority of my extra strokes came from.

Ben, why wouldn't you have hit balls at least a few times before a tournament like this? I understand it helped your game taking off an entire saturday on the previous tourney, but an entire week, bro? Lessons learned the hard way, lol!

Good luck on your next tourney. And, oh, Ben? Get to the range!!!!!!!
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

Yeah, I know. On top of that I had a brand new driver in play. haha. Lesson learned...

I hit balls for an hour and putted for 30 minutes today. Played 7 holes before and 9 holes after work today. Will be at the course at 8:30 tomorrow morning to continue. Tournament on Sunday and another on Monday next week.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

You call those excuses?! You didn't even mention the fact that the comet Lulin reached it's nearest point to earth yesterday! Heck, if you like, I'll PM you some of my excuses, you clearly could use the help in that particular arena! Sorry to hear about the tough round. Get 'em next time.....and count me among those that looks forward to hearing the details, either way.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I give you credit for putting this all out there over the course of a couple of years. Most people would not. Took the time to read through and pretty interesting. You've got a lot of support.

I really haven't followed this thread at all until just reading through it, but after reading this particular post of yours, if I had been following it carefully and felt invested in your progress, I might not feel like offering encouragement. I'm guessing with work and all that goes with that, you may not have the luxury of having time to play all the courses ahead of time. But, given you had targeted the "GST" as the place you really needed to break through, the fact you say you basically blew off all preparation, sends some mixed signals about your level of dedication. If you can't make the time even to practice, whatever the conflicts, you are selling yourself and your supporters short. I think instead of sympathizing, I'd be sending a gentle internet kick in the behind. Good luck with your tournaments, but here's hoping you have better luck getting in the necessary preparation, so you have a chance. You need to want it bad enough to make the time. If it is what you really want, best of luck.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

I'm guessing with work and all that goes with that, you may not have the luxury of having time to play all the courses ahead of time. But, given you had targeted the "GST" as the place you really needed to break through, the fact you say you basically blew off all preparation, sends some mixed signals about your level of dedication. If you can't make the time even to practice, whatever the conflicts, you are selling yourself and your supporters short. I think instead of sympathizing, I'd be sending a gentle internet kick in the behind.

So here's the deal with my preparation, or, lack there-of. I've really been struggling with finding the correct balance of practice versus play. (Actually put that as one of my goals in the '09 goals thread). You said that you'd read through the entire thread. Then you know that in the last few weeks I've mentioned that I over-extended myself with practice. Took a day off, then won. Well, I thought I'd see what riding the minimal practice theory would do for this last Monday. And well, we see the results of that... That all being the case, I have a tournament Sunday and another Monday. Hit balls, putted and played 9 holes yesterday. Played 9, and hit balls today and I'll be practicing chipping later.

I kinda got screwed on the practice round. I normally have Sundays off so typically I'd have played on Sunday and then the tournament the next day, but, my coworker left for Vegas and I covered his shift. Anyway, just more lame excuses...

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

just out of curiousity, what kind of job do you have?

I work part-time in the golf shop at a private country club.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Part-time? Meaning?

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

Part-time? Meaning?

12 Hours a week spread out over three days.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 1557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!