IGNORED

Mini Tour Play

Ben
Note: This thread is 1553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Uh, I did alright in the Pepsi Tour event at Ojai, but didn't make any money. Shot 5 over. Eh. Nothing went terribly wrong, just nothing was terribly sharp either. Just a regular old day. I've got a busy two months ahead of me though. I'm playing an event every Monday, and a few two-day Thur/Fri evetns too.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

This thread has been quite interesting to read.

Ben, how much time are you able to devote to practice currently? (Whether through range or play)

I played a few events on the Tarheel Tour last year and plan to play quite a few this year, as well as some select tourneys on the Hooter's. I'll also try my hand at the Wyndham Monday qualifier again this year. I missed it last year by 2 shots.

I've been a member of another golf forum for some time, but am glad to find one that seems to be active! The other one gets a reply once every few days to a week, lol.
Damn you people, this is golf!

Well Ben Good luck in your upcoming tourneys. Shoot 25 followed by a 29

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

This thread has been quite interesting to read.

I have a lot of time for practice. I work at a club 3 days a week, and can pretty much practice when I'm not working. I give lessons which cuts into practice time... But that's the only hinderance.

Welcome to The Sand Trap.
Well Ben Good luck in your upcoming tourneys. Shoot 25 followed by a 29

Thanks. I'll just keep plugging away...

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Mostly one-day, and the occasional two-day. I cut down my hours in the golf shop to try and take a better cut at playing professionally. The tours I play out here are one and two day deals anyway. The Golden State Tour has a 3 day event once a month or so. But, I'm not ready to commit to those. I need to start doing better at where I am now first. I'm am however, planning on going to Japan in the summer to try their 2010 Q school.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I played some Hooters tour events a number of years ago but I don't know if it is still around. I think it still is though. If it is, you get some good competition on some pretty hard courses.

T.M. O'Connell

What's in My Bag
Driver - 909 D2 9.5 degree
3 Wood - 909 F2 15.5 degreeHybrid - 909 H 19 degreeIrons - AP2 w/ Rifle 6.5Wedges - BN 60.04 & 54.11Putter - Pro Platinum Plus

Ben! nice thread my man. Im interested in all this mini tour talk and have some questions. Being a collegiate golfer I'm sure I coudnt play in anything like this as of now, but still am curious. What is the usual pay-out? Entry fee? Field Size? and score that wins? How to qualify? I thank you for your answers in advance and good luck.

Ping Hoofer Team
TaylorMade Tour Burner TP 8.5* Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65 Stiff
Titleist 13.5* 906F Aldila VS Proto 'ByYou' 80-S
TaylorMade TP Smoke Irons 3-PW Project X Rifled 6.0
Cleveland CG 12 ZIP Grooves 54* 58* Scotty Cameron Studio Style 1.5 35' Golf Pride Butter Grip. Titleist...

I played some Hooters tour events a number of years ago but I don't know if it is still around. I think it still is though. If it is, you get some good competition on some pretty hard courses.

I'm pretty sure the Hooters Tour is still around. That was or is in Florida? I know on the East Coast the the Tar Heel Tour is pretty big. I got a flyer for the '09 season when I played the Nevada Open in December. Looked like good fields and good money. I'm interested in going west before east. When everything starts working I'll eventually get there though.

Ben! nice thread my man. Im interested in all this mini tour talk and have some questions. Being a collegiate golfer I'm sure I coudnt play in anything like this as of now, but still am curious. What is the usual pay-out? Entry fee? Field Size? and score that wins? How to qualify? I thank you for your answers in advance and good luck.

Thanks! Yeah, there are collegiate players at the events I play. The Golden State Tour and Pepsi Tour both have Amateur flights. They don't get paid cash, but rather credit. You can use it for entries in future events. I don't know about a tour in Utah though? Pepsi Tour has Northern California area events. Here's the

Pepsi Tour website . I don't know about NorCal but the SoCal Pepsi Tour has kinda small fields which makes for smaller payouts. But, its run well. You get free Pepsi products at most events too. The Golden State Tour has some serious fields with good players and good payouts. You must shoot under par to do anything in this tour. Two players from last year's GS Tour are now playing on the PGA Tour, made it through Q School. James Nitties played in a few events too. I was actually lucky enough to play the same group with him once. Entry for Amateurs are less than Pros. As a Pro I pay $225-$300 for a one-day and $500 for two-day events. Let me know if you have any other questions. If you have a local mini-tour, go for it! Playing is really fun.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'm pretty sure the Hooters Tour is still around. That was or is in Florida? I know on the East Coast the the Tar Heel Tour is pretty big. I got a flyer for the '09 season when I played the Nevada Open in December. Looked like good fields and good money. I'm interested in going west before east. When everything starts working I'll eventually get there though.

Thanks for the information. Utah golf has its pros and cons and one of these is definitely the lack of a mini-tour. the closet thing we have is Player Performance Rating Tournaments, there are about 7 through the season. Oh well, i make pretty good change crediting out on amateur events and then throwing stuff on eBay. Thanks again and good luck.

Ping Hoofer Team
TaylorMade Tour Burner TP 8.5* Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 65 Stiff
Titleist 13.5* 906F Aldila VS Proto 'ByYou' 80-S
TaylorMade TP Smoke Irons 3-PW Project X Rifled 6.0
Cleveland CG 12 ZIP Grooves 54* 58* Scotty Cameron Studio Style 1.5 35' Golf Pride Butter Grip. Titleist...

I need to move somewhere warm this summer and get stupid good lol

Driver: G10 9*
3-wood: 909F3 15*
Hybrid: 909H 19*
Irons: 695MBs
Wedges: 56 & 52 64 spin milledPutters:Seemore FGP Spider

To the collegiate wondering about being able to play on the mini-tour stuff ...

Sure, you can play, but with a small amount of cost. To Mon. qualify, it's $150 for an Am. I do believe, with a $250 cost for entry into the tournament if you make it. (This is in comparison to a $950 entry fee for pros.)

However, the competition is sweet, and will give you a great idea of where your game stands in comparison.

Yep, the Hooters Tour is a live and kicking with some pretty good fields, and great payouts. In fact, I'll be playing in the Mar. 9-15 Hooter's Tour Open and the Rock Barn Course in NC. First tournament of the year for me, so wish me luck!

Ben, the Tarheel Tour is awesome, and a great way to make some cash if you are playing well. However, I would recommend getting used to those 54 and 72 hole events before partaking, if all you've been doing is the one and two day thing. In my opinion, the Tarheel Tour is more competitive than the Hooter's, at least that's the way it seemed last year.

I'm jealous about the Japan thing, lol. I've thought about that for a while, but haven't even checked out the specs on it, just because I've assumed the money thing wouldn't work out.

To the collegiate wondering about being able to play on the mini-tour stuff ...

Lol, I should have clarified that this is on the Tarheel Tour.

You get free Pepsi products at most events too.

I need to ask: is it just soft drinks, or is Gatorade available? Just wondering...

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey Ben just was curious how old you are? If you dont mind me asking.. Great stuff and thanks for sharing and letting us be a part of following your carrer!

In the Bag
Driver:Burner07 9.5 NV 75 S
3-woodBurner07 15 degree NV 65 S
HybridRescue Mid 19 degree NVS 85 S
IronsRAC LT 4-PW Project X 5.5 shaftsWedgesCG 12 52,56,60PutterNewport 2 Custom Shop 35inBallProV1 or TaylorMade TP redShoes: All kinds. I have a bit of a shoe problem. As in I like...

Ben one quick question I live in MN where it is still cold and snowing, but are there any good mini tours in the Midwest that anyone knows of? Thanks for your great thread and good luck.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I need to ask: is it just soft drinks, or is Gatorade available? Just wondering...

Pepsi, Gatorade and Aquafina water actually. I just stick with the water.

Hey Ben just was curious how old you are? If you dont mind me asking.. Great stuff and thanks for sharing and letting us be a part of following your carrer!

Thanks. I just turned 33. Turned pro in 2005, but haven't really had a full season. Probably played in 5 events my first year, and handful more my second. Last year was supposed to be my first full season, but ended up

breaking my ankle , so that took me out for a while. That all being the case, this season will be my first full-fledge season dedicated to playing as many events as I can get into.
Ben one quick question I live in MN where it is still cold and snowing, but are there any good mini tours in the Midwest that anyone knows of? Thanks for your great thread and good luck.

Here's a link I've found that has a pretty good listing of quite a few mini-tours. I see there is a Twin Cities Golf Tour...

http://www.dmoz.org/Sports/Golf/Orga...ns/Mini-Tours/

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 1553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!