IGNORED

Mini Tour Play

Ben
Note: This thread is 1557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you were not on ESPN2 -- why weren't you playing in the Myrtle Beach Calcutta this weekend?

I haven't ever heard of that event. Plus I have a full time job to keep. It allows me to play in the events I have time to get into. Sounds like a great time though. Is it every year around this date? There's always next year. I have, however, already set goals set for myself to meet before this time next year. When I accomplish those, I'll already be in a level above a pretty big sounding Calcutta.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I haven't ever heard of that event. Plus I have a full time job to keep. It allows me to play in the events I have time to get into. Sounds like a great time though. Is it every year around this date? There's always next year. I have, however, already set goals set for myself to meet before this time next year. When I accomplish those, I'll already be in a level above a pretty big sounding Calcutta.

You have to be invited or make a name for yourself.

It's only so many dollars this this season ($750,000 purse this month - from what I've heard) $5,000 per player. August is the biggest purse (this weekend's tourney is the secondary). Billed..."unofficially" as the World's Biggest Golf Gambling Match. Guys come off the Nationwide Tour, off of divorces/needing money situations... and all the mini tours just to play in it. It was front page news on the Myrtle Beach Sun News newspaper 2 years ago, so it's not like I'm posting internet garbage. The best golf hustlers have been here all week practicing and partying. Where were you?

You have to be invited or make a name for yourself.

I'm just now starting to "make" my name. That's probably why I wasn't invited.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Anyone else here play any mini tours?

i have actually been thinking of playing on a professional women's tour(as an amateur though). i work full time in a field completely unrelated to golf, so getting the time off for tournaments or preparing is really hard to do. but in the past couple of days, i have strongly considered leaving my job for a year or so and giving it a go. 2 things stopping me.. 1) putting is horrendous! (sp?) i never practiced it and often played rounds w/o putting at all, up until this past summer. needless to say, my putting needs work. 2) mental block on hole 14-15+. I usually have a good looking score going up until i start thinking about "damn, im about to go 1 under" and end up shooting AT LEAST bogeys on the last four to five holes. if i could get these 2 things under control, i think i'd have a shot, as i shoot in the low to mid 80s with at least one 10 on the card a round(from my mental blow ups!). cant forget the multiple 3-putts.

HS9 10.5 reg shaft ys5.6
Big Bertha Steel Heads 3 &5 woods
Carbon CB PW-5i
baffler 20* 4i
Vokey wedge 54* White Hot # 1 KARMA balls for winter"maybe if we all stopped analyzing and thinking so much about this GAME, we'd have time to play this GAME like a GAME is supposed to be PLAYED. ...

i have actually been thinking of playing on a professional women's tour(as an amateur though). i work full time in a field completely unrelated to golf, so getting the time off for tournaments or preparing is really hard to do. but in the past couple of days, i have strongly considered leaving my job for a year or so and giving it a go. 2 things stopping me.. 1) putting is horrendous! (sp?) i never practiced it and often played rounds w/o putting at all, up until this past summer. needless to say, my putting needs work. 2) mental block on hole 14-15+. I usually have a good looking score going up until i start thinking about "damn, im about to go 1 under" and end up shooting AT LEAST bogeys on the last four to five holes.

You should check out the www.calplayerstour.com They have a pretty extensive field for women. Most shooting in the 80s too. You do need to straighten out your putting though. That's how to really score.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

You should check out the

thanks, i'll check out that site today.

and as for putting, yes, that is the downfall of my game. for the past two weeks, been putting at least 200 putts a night at my local course. last night, one of the pros i know called me a good "practicer." Lol. i guess since i'm out there every night gettin it done, even though i hate it. im actually looking at the site right now and may try to get in a tourney for this month. have you played the men's flight for this tour?

HS9 10.5 reg shaft ys5.6
Big Bertha Steel Heads 3 &5 woods
Carbon CB PW-5i
baffler 20* 4i
Vokey wedge 54* White Hot # 1 KARMA balls for winter"maybe if we all stopped analyzing and thinking so much about this GAME, we'd have time to play this GAME like a GAME is supposed to be PLAYED. ...

im actually looking at the site right now and may try to get in a tourney for this month. have you played the men's flight for this tour?

I'd like to play some events on that tour, but I'm limited to one-day events right now. I play Pepsi Tour and Golden State Tour. I'll try to get into some cal players events in '08. They hold an event at La Purisma I'd like to get into.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'd like to play some events on that tour, but I'm limited to one-day events right now. I play Pepsi Tour and Golden State Tour. I'll try to get into some cal players events in '08. They hold an event at La Purisma I'd like to get into.

Ben, you need to play on the Gateway Tour and the Tarheel Tour.

The Tarheel tour would probably be pretty tough for him since he lives on the West Coast. The only Gateway tournaments he would be accessible to are the ones in Pheonix, also.

Doesn't make much sense when he can play the mini-tours in his state.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

I'm actually looking forward to step up my tournament play to include travel this upcoming year. As a matter of fact, that's where my money from the Vegas/ESPN tournament is going. I'm figuring out the details on how to get to Japan's Challenge Tour event in April . When that goes well, I plan on returning for another one later in the year.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'm actually looking forward to step up my tournament play to include travel this upcoming year. As a matter of fact, that's where my money from the Vegas/ESPN tournament is going. I'm figuring out the details on how to get to Japan's

There's a joke I won't repeat here about a golfer who goes to Japan. But in any case, good luck on it. Are you trying to play your way onto the Challenge tour? That's the European Tour's Nationwide Tour, right?

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, the hooters tour is still alive and stronger than ever. My buddy Jesse Hutchins plays on it now, as well as Tee but I believe he moved up to the nationwide. I'm trying to figure out if I want to go for a tour like that or keep it small b/c the hooters tour is professional while a lot of the mini tours are still amateur.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Hello has anyone played in the Coors Light Open. It is in fort Myers Florida. I live in Jacksonville Florida and I am thinking about trying to qualify for it. Does anyone have any info on it.

Fairways and Greens

Driver
Irons AP2
Pro v1

Yeah, the hooters tour is still alive and stronger than ever. My buddy Jesse Hutchins plays on it now, as well as Tee but I believe he moved up to the nationwide. I'm trying to figure out if I want to go for a tour like that or keep it small b/c the hooters tour is professional while a lot of the mini tours are still amateur.

What mini tours are amateur? This sounds exciting.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shindig , The Pepsi Tour has an "Indexed Dvision". Net scoring events. You can play as an amateur on The Golden State Tour . Although those are still gross only events. Pretty stiff competition.

rschwark you should go for it! If anything it'll be a good experince to build from. Is that a PGA Tour event? The pre-qualifying for our local ones here are only $150. Definitely worth a shot!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 1557 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!