IGNORED

Mini Tour Play

Ben
Note: This thread is 1559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can only dream of getting that good

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Thanks. That's good thinking on your part though. I'm working without a net over here. This has

No worry's man. You'll have that one break-through year and bang-o you'll be kickin' back in a big ol' mansion.

Well, it was almost my day on Monday. Played a Golden State Tour event at

Twin Oaks GC . Kinda stunk it up on the front, was 4 over after five holes. Had a lovely OB on the 5th. Ended up 5 over on the front, but, caught fire on the back, had 3 birdies, one stupid bogey. So, the game is coming around. Good news is, I'm playing this same course again on Friday, SoCal PGA is putting on pre-qualifying for the PGA Tour's Buick Invitational. I'm going to need to shoot 4 under, if not 5 to make it to Monday Qualifying. I got that in me.
No worry's man. You'll have that one break-through year and bang-o you'll be kickin' back in a big ol' mansion.

Heck yeah, maybe this year... A boy can dre~eam.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I've really got to learn how to putt. Shot a 2 over 74 at Buick Invitational Pre-Qualifying. Had three 3-putts. Missed two eagle putts that were no more than 8 feet. Missed two 4 foot birdie putts, although those were kinda tricky. And missed a couple other 8 foot birdie putts.

4 under 68 made it to Monday Qualifying. I should have easily been there. Stinkin putting, sheesh!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Keep on trying Ben, whatever you do just take something out of it and come back stronger next time! When is the next event you're playing- I know I rather enjoy keeping up with your venture, keep us posted!
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Keep on trying Ben time! When is the next event you're playing- I know I rather enjoy keeping up with your venture, keep us posted!

Thanks man! I'm definitely going to keep plugging away.

The good side of today: I got to watch the two other dudes in my group both shoot 5 under. The only difference between me and them today, putts, of course. I was as long as them, hit it to the greens as close as them. They just cashed in on their putts. Up next. Golden State Tour event on Monday the 2nd. Then Northern Trust Pre-Qualifying on the 12th of Feb. May play a two-day GS Tour event on the 5th and 6th in between those two. Gotta see how I do on Monday. Sheesh, just figured my stats for today. 10/14 Fairway 14/18 GIR 35 Putts 4 birdies 2/5 up and down 1/2 sand save

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

14/18 GIR

How many holes today?

In any case, this should just show you that you're all the more likely to make it to Riviera which, of the two, is the one I think you'd rather play in.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How many holes today?

Yeah, my criteria for getting up and down may be a little different than most. I also count the shots where I may not be right off the green, but I'm hitting a pitch or chip type shot from 50 yards or so. Approach shots on par 5s or short par 4s. I expect to get those up and down and count them as such.

And my thoughts exactly on rather playing at The Riv as opposed to Torrey Pines.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

More garbage putting from me. Man, I'm in a slump with this. Its really starting to wear on me. Weather permiting I am playing in a 2-day event starting tomorrow. Been practicing and practicing and practicing my putting to get this worked out... We'll see.

Thanks for asking though!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

More garbage putting from me. Man, I'm in a slump with this. Its really starting to wear on me. Weather permiting I am playing in a 2-day event starting tomorrow. Been practicing and practicing and practicing my putting to get this worked out... We'll see.

Yeah man no problem, hope you get that putter to start working for you tomorrow, good luck.

Nike SQ 460 9.5 Stiff
Nike SQ 3 Wood 15* Stiff
Titleist 585H 19* DG S300
Mizuno MP33 3-PW DG S300
Bob Vokey 54.10* & 60.04*Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

I don't want to give bad advice...but, when you are struggling w/putting, do you ever switch up your putter to something different, just to get a fresh feel? I am a 7hdcp, so it's not like I know everything...but for me, I have a Seemore and a 2-Ball. I play the Seemore all the time, when I struggle I switch it up for a few rounds. Just having a different look helps me get back on track. Whatever you end up doing, good luck dude.

More garbage putting from me.

I'm no pro, but when I'm slumping I try to remember to listen for the ball to rattle in rather than try to watch it go in. It helps stabilize everything if you're thinking about the end result - - keeping your head down to listen for the putt to drop.

Good luck!

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Try the ladder drill. The one where you put tees i the ground at 3,6,9, and 15 ish feet. Put 3 balls at each except just put 1 at the 15 ft mark. Then roll them to the cup and repeat. Try to get them all in I can only get 8 or 9.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Thanks for the putting concerns, and I do use the techniques and switches mentioned.

Today however, I have good news. Played in a Pepsi Tour event at Empire Lakes in Rancho Cucamonga [which used to hold a Nationwide Tour Event]. Shot 1-under, won the event! Go me!

The fix... Put the clubs away and didn't even think about golf whole day Saturday. Then partied until 3:30am last night at my friend's new place in Downtown L.A.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Today however, I have good news. Played in a Pepsi Tour event at Empire Lakes in Rancho Cucamonga [which used to hold a Nationwide Tour Event]. Shot 1-under, won the event! Go me!

Congratulations on the win! I need to go back and play Empire Lakes again - I had a great round last time I played there, except for an 8 on the second hole. I impressed the you-know-what out of a friend I hadn't played with since a few weeks after I picked up golf.

I hope this means I'll be in your gallery in Pacific Palisades before too long. It isn't quite a mini-tour event, though I miss the NWT event at Empire Lakes - it was every bit as fun as the CWC or the Riviera tournament, but the crowds were much smaller, so I could observe players more closely. I gained very much by watching Ricky Barnes play there back in '07.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1559 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!