IGNORED

2014-2015 NBA Season

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 3011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No, spoken like someone who uses logic. A team lost its 2nd and 3rd best players in the playoffs and still took it to 6 games. 2nd and 3rd. You seriously think GS is winning against a healthy Cavs team with no Thompson and Green? They probably wouldn't win a game. Not sure why that's such a huge leap or homerism.... Look at the Cavs record for the 2nd half of the season and compare it to GS.

I don't live in fantasy land where I can say what would and would not have happened.. I can say that GS would have played differently, and used another strategy to take into account the people playing.. Maybe their style of defense would have been better suited with those guys in there and would have swept them.. Neither you nor I can say with certainty (well you can since you did) what would have happened, I say CC gets swept up.. You can't really rebuttal that with other than, no they wouldn't have.. It is what it is like I mentioned, managing injuries and personal is part of the game.. CC just couldn't do it.. No big deal.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The cavs would have spanked gs with just KI or KL in the finals. Gs was almost down 3-0 with kyrie only playing some of game 1.

The cavs would have spanked gs with just KI or KL in the finals. Gs was almost down 3-0 with kyrie only playing some of game 1.

Well, in this fantasy world does Lebron get MVP of the finals too?

Eyad

Well considering he got snubbed in real life after leading all players in points, rebounds, and assist in the finals. I guess he deserves it in this narrative.

Well considering he got snubbed in real life after leading all players in points, rebounds, and assist in the finals. I guess he deserves it in this narrative.

Sweeeeet :)

Eyad

Let's not escalate this into something you all will regret. Please keep the thread civil.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Let's not escalate this into something you all will regret. Please keep the thread civil.

??? Its just a message board. Im not going to try to b a internet tough guy lol

• Administrator
??? Its just a message board. Im not going to try to b a internet tough guy lol

Message wasn't necessarily at anyone specific. Don't assume.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

In hindsight, and argument can be made that Cleveland wins easily with Irving and Love. But that is all it is, an argument. GS played a decidedly different game against the Cavs to take advantage of their shortcomings and it is hard to say how they would have played it with those two players in the game. The Warriors may not have gone so small, they may have played different lineups at times, who knows? Bottom line, it is what it is and it wasn't the Cavs time.

I could make the argument that GS didn't even play the best teams in the West in the playoffs because of the seeding. They never played the Clippers or the Spurs, who unfortunately faced off in the first round. After the Clippers beat the Spurs, I believe they took the Rockets for granted and were upset by a lesser team. The toughest team the Warriors faced IMO was the Grizzlies, who were maybe the fourth or fifth best team in the West. And if you want to talk injured players affecting outcomes, how about Okla City? But it is just speculation. GS is a deserving champ.

Bill M

I didn't think anyone was getting out of hand. I tried my best to keep everything non-personal. The wound is just still gaping. Such is Cleveland sports life. :doh:

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I think the argument could be made that GS will be better next year after gaining the confidence/experience of winning this title. They were definitely the deepest, healthiest, and most fortunate team(by playoff match ups) in 2014/2015. That being said they had a rookie head coach. I'm pretty sure they didn't have anyone on their roster who played in the finals previously. I think Cleveland is the clear favorite going into next season. LeBron needs to get going on his not 1,not 2, not 3, not 4,stuff though. The east won't be a cake walk forever. IMO he has a 2-4 year window where they are going to be the favorite. After that it's going to be difficult.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I didn't think anyone was getting out of hand. I tried my best to keep everything non-personal. The wound is just still gaping. Such is Cleveland sports life.

I was just trying to head things off at the pass.  No worries.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I was just trying to head things off at the pass.  No worries.

Gotcha.

So now the speculation begins...

What big free agents are staying/leaving? Where does Wade go? Does Love stay in Cleveland? What about JR Smith? Will Cousins be shipped out, and to who?

Ryan M

Gotcha. So now the speculation begins... What big free agents are staying/leaving? Where does Wade go? Does Love stay in Cleveland? What about JR Smith? Will Cousins be shipped out, and to who?

There's something going on between KLove and Lebron. I think Love is gone. Hope Dal can sign him.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

There's something going on between KLove and Lebron. I think Love is gone. Hope Dal can sign him.

I think that's all media driven crap. As someone who watched a ton of the games, they seemed to have a pretty good relationship toward the end of the season.

I think LeBron and Love both opt out but stay in CLE. It'll be interesting to see if they can get anyone after dumping Haywood's contract.

Ryan M

I think that's all media driven crap. As someone who watched a ton of the games, they seemed to have a pretty good relationship toward the end of the season.

I think LeBron and Love both opt out but stay in CLE. It'll be interesting to see if they can get anyone after dumping Haywood's contract.

I agree. I just think Love was trying to find his niche in the system when you have Lebron and Irving. I think it was easier for Irving to gel with Lebron because they compliment each other more than Love did.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I think that's all media driven crap. As someone who watched a ton of the games, they seemed to have a pretty good relationship toward the end of the season.  I think LeBron and Love both opt out but stay in CLE. It'll be interesting to see if they can get anyone after dumping Haywood's contract.

[quote name="saevel25" url="/t/78072/2014-2015-nba-season/160_40#post_1159802"] I agree. I just think Love was trying to find his niche in the system when you have Lebron and Irving. I think it was easier for Irving to gel with Lebron because they compliment each other more than Love did.  [/quote]Perhaps but I'm basing it on a late season crazy alley-oop from James to Love, like half-court. Just a crazy play that normally one would celebrate but neither one looked at the other on the way back up the floor. Maybe reading too much into that one play but that was the basis of my point. We'll see.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Perhaps but I'm basing it on a late season crazy alley-oop from James to Love, like half-court. Just a crazy play that normally one would celebrate but neither one looked at the other on the way back up the floor. Maybe reading too much into that one play but that was the basis of my point. We'll see.

I remember this play. Lebron basically just landed and started to get back on defense. It was a great play you could see players celebrate a bit. I don't think Lebron really ever celebrates after a play like that unless the other team calls a timeout, then he gets pumped up.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!