IGNORED

2014-2015 NBA Season

Slice of Life
Note: This thread is 3011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah, they're a playoff team with love. But my post said they aren't going deep in the playoffs. And even healthy, I still think that's true. Spurs will improve, Rockets, Clippers, Grizzlies, Golden State...all better than the Lakers with another great player.

This is all true but he also won't he the 3rd option on the lakers. If he goes there and kobe retires after next year he might be the 1st option. It kinda depends what he wants to do. If he's ok having his role diminished he's going to stay in Cleveland. He will have the best chance to win there. If he wants to be more of a center piece on a team he will go to Boston or LA.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is all true but he also won't he the 3rd option on the lakers. If he goes there and kobe retires after next year he might be the 1st option. It kinda depends what he wants to do. If he's ok having his role diminished he's going to stay in Cleveland. He will have the best chance to win there. If he wants to be more of a center piece on a team he will go to Boston or LA.

Not sure he wants to be a #1...he proved that he couldn't even carry a team to the playoffs, let alone deep.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Not sure he wants to be a #1...he proved that he couldn't even carry a team to the playoffs, let alone deep.

Agreed but that was the t wolves. Guys want to play in LA. He could attract another super star with the lakers. They would have to draft one in Minnesota. If KD goes there he's the #2 but would still have a bigger role than in Cleveland.

Agreed but that was the t wolves. Guys want to play in LA. He could attract another super star with the lakers. They would have to draft one in Minnesota. If KD goes there he's the #2 but would still have a bigger role than in Cleveland.

True. But those are all "ifs". There are no ifs in Cleveland (assuming health). Kyrie and LeBron are already there, so if he stays, he knows he has a legit shot at a ring every year for the next 3-5 years (barring injuries).

Ryan M

Yeah, they're a playoff team with love. But my post said they aren't going deep in the playoffs. And even healthy, I still think that's true. Spurs will improve, Rockets, Clippers, Grizzlies, Golden State...all better than the Lakers with another great player.

Really offends me you left Dallas of this list. You weren't wrong to do so, it just offends me. ;-)

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Really offends me you left Dallas of this list. You weren't wrong to do so, it just offends me.

They still have a better chance than the Cowboys. :beer:

Ryan M

Being a Wolves fan, I wonder...is Rubio ever going to be healthy?  He has had one healthy season so far.  I don't really think the Wolves are a good team anytime soon, but this is about as interested as I have been in watching them since Sprewell decided that at the age of 34 he would not be able to "feed his family" with a $14.6 million contract.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

They still have a better chance than the Cowboys. :beer:

Whoooaaaa, Cowboys are gonna be very, very good next season. Mavs? Not so much.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Whoooaaaa, Cowboys are gonna be very, very good next season. Mavs? Not so much.

I've heard that every year for the past 10 years.

The Browns? At least our expectations are always that they'll suck...and we're never wrong.

Ryan M

I've heard that every year for the past 10 years.  The Browns? At least our expectations are always that they'll suck...and we're never wrong.

Not from me, I actually predicted 6-10 last season. Defense totally surprised me. They picked up the equivalent of 3 1st rounders this spring in the draft as well as Hardy (who we won't see til probably game 7). The only question at the minute is the running game but with the top O line in the NFL, I think they'll overcome the Murray loss. This is probably the most anticipated Cowboys season since Parcells was here. Gonna be something...

Not from me, I actually predicted 6-10 last season. Defense totally surprised me. They picked up the equivalent of 3 1st rounders this spring in the draft as well as Hardy (who we won't see til probably game 7). The only question at the minute is the running game but with the top O line in the NFL, I think they'll overcome the Murray loss. This is probably the most anticipated Cowboys season since Parcells was here. Gonna be something...

I wouldn't mind seeing that. I've always silently rooted for Romo and thought he got a pretty bad rap.

Ryan M

Cavs have now locked up Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson, and Kyrie Irving for the next 5 years. The oldest of the 3 is 26.

LeBron (due to his legacy) will be a Cav for the rest of his career. This team is going to be a contender every year for the next 5 years.

In other news, they're already at the salary cap with 6 guys on the Roster lol.

• Upvote 1
Ryan M

The Sixers Sam Hinkie just took complete advantage of the Kings Vlade Divac, getting Nik Stauskas and a future first round pick for virtually nothing. This tanking thing is finally taking shape. I am just hoping that Embiid is OK. That could sink the whole thing.

Bill M

I'm surprised Boston signed Amir Johnson for 12M a year for 2 years. He has bad ankles and he was often playing injured last season. I would have thought he would get more like 6M a year.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sixers Sam Hinkie just took complete advantage of the Kings Vlade Divac, getting Nik Stauskas and a future first round pick for virtually nothing. This tanking thing is finally taking shape. I am just hoping that Embiid is OK. That could sink the whole thing.

Bummer.

Bill M

Yeah that is rough.

Ryan M

• 2 weeks later...

Comedy gold from the Lakers. For some reason the link says "Brandon Jennings" but it is really Lou Williams.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-07-22/kobe-bryant-hasnt-spoken-to-roy-hibbert-brandon-jennings-brandon-bass

• 1 month later...

It's good to see Anthony Bennett playing well for Canada in the FIBA Americas Championship. He is in good shape and contributing in all areas.

Canada is trying to get into the Olympics for basketball after not being there for a long time. Wiggins, Bennett, Kelly Olynyk, Corey Joespeh, Andrew Nicholson, Nick Stauskas, and Robert Sacre are on the team. It's a golden age for Canadian basketball after years of teams made from guys that couldn't make the NBA.

Note: This thread is 3011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!