IGNORED

My Swing (AbsoluteTruths)

AbsoluteTruths
Note: This thread is 1135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

These are a couple of slow swings I took working on not starting my left knee to bend to soon and SK#2.

Comment would be appreciated.

Doug

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very nice, good job with the practice.

You could even finish with the arms shorter and straighter. Don't worry about "rolling" the forearms over.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I wish was there was a drill to stop me from trying to kill the ball. Maybe drill a hole in my head. I take smooth practice

swings but put that ball in front of me and I tense all up and swing as hard as I can. I do not know how to stop it

it just happens even when I say to myself to swing easy.

Doug

I wish was there was a drill to stop me from trying to kill the ball. Maybe drill a hole in my head. I take smooth practice

swings but put that ball in front of me and I tense all up and swing as hard as I can. I do not know how to stop it

it just happens even when I say to myself to swing easy.

Looking good, and you don't really look like you are trying to "kill" the ball.

Maybe it's just that feeling of apprehension that you want to eliminate more than anything else?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Got my Evolvr analysis this morning and took what I was told to work on to the back yard. I was told to start the take away

more to the inside and to start shifting my weight forward even before I finish my backswing. I look like I have

lost some of the steady head but I think that is because I was concentrating on the inside path. This should be easy to

correct. Looks like this simple instruction as finally got me to shift my weight and finally keep that right heel down

and the right knee from bending toward the ball. It feels so easy now to get the club inside on the way down.

This might look kind of rough but I had just watched my analysis.

Doug

A comparison of my down swing at about P6.25  taken just a couple days apart. Difference was a Evolvr analysis with new priority pieces. Wow.

Nice!

Mike McLoughlin

Going to play 18 tomorrow. First time in over a month. Not always good to go and play soon after getting new priority pieces and not having time to practice them.

But I am confident that I will play well and have a good time with my best friend.

Doug

Played 18 at Royal St Cloud Golf Links. $19.00 can't beat that for such a well maintained course. Shot a 52 and 48 for even 100.

Pared my nemesis the first hole that I have always double bogied. Chipped in a par.

On the back nine my friend told me that I was not finishing my swing and was not taking the same practice swing as the swing I took at the ball.

I was collapsing my arms after impact. And I was taking a slow easy practice swing and then trying to kill the ball.

I played much better after that striping several drives down the fairway instead of slicing them into the next county.Hit crisper irons and hybrids.

Had fun the weather was not so bad for a Central Florida summer day. Overcast and windy. Daily afternoon storms did not hit till several hours

after we finished.

Doug

Very nice, good job with the practice.

You could even finish with the arms shorter and straighter. Don't worry about "rolling" the forearms over.

@mvmac when you said finish with the arms shorter and straighter did you just mean in my practice?

Because when I went to play this week and my friend pointed out to me that I was collapsing my arms

in my follow thru and I started completing my follow thru with straighter arms I hit the ball better

and my big slice went away.

Doug

@mvmac when you said finish with the arms shorter and straighter did you just mean in my practice? Because when I went to play this week and my friend pointed out to me that I was collapsing my arms in my follow thru and I started completing my follow thru with straighter arms I hit the ball better and my big slice went away.

Yes in your practice moves. Couldn't hurt to feel a little of it in your full swing.

Mike McLoughlin

While mapping my swing in the mirror this morning I noticed something. Would someone tell me if this is correct.

I noticed that I should not start bending my left knee till my upper body turn make it necessary and I should not bend my right

elbow on the back swing till it has to and not bend left elbow on the follow thru till it has.

I have had problems with bending left knee too soon and collapsing my left elbow too soon after impact.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

While mapping my swing in the mirror this morning I noticed something. Would someone tell me if this is correct.

I noticed that I should not start bending my left knee till my upper body turn make it necessary and I should not bend my right

elbow on the back swing till it has to and not bend left elbow on the follow thru till it has.

I have had problems with bending left knee too soon and collapsing my left elbow too soon after impact.

This is the answer Chuck Evans gave me to the question above.

"Doug,
The left knee should bend when it is required to.  If the hips turn far enough then the knee follows.  The left elbow bends/folds too early if the body doesn't turn enough coming into and out of Impact.  So the "chicken wing" is caused by lack of upper body rotation.
c"

Doug

Can someone please point me to the proper ball position with irons thread.

For a mid-iron, stock shot, two balls inside the left shoulder.

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 1135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!