IGNORED

My Swing (AbsoluteTruths)

AbsoluteTruths
Note: This thread is 1135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Had a really good lesson with my coach. Arrived thinning and fatting my irons during the warmup. I left hitting high draws :-D

He got me turning back more and correctly(where have I heard that before),not rolling to the outside of my right foot, and taking my hands more inside. Also completing my swing to a full balanced ending and hold for a three count.

Had to rotate my left foot out more to get to a full finish. And putting something under the outside edge of my right foot. Even with something under my shoe I still keep trying to 
roll to the outside edge. It will take a while to correct that bad habit.:pound:

Doug

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hit a small bucket at the range this morning. Put a wedge under the outside of my right foot to remind to stop rolling it back. 

Worked on taking my hands more inside on the back swing and completing my finish.

Hit my irons well. I could only push slice my driver. I was able to hit my 3H straight as an arrow. Guess what I will be useing for my driver on my next outing.

Doug

Looks like not rolling to the outside of my right foot on the back swing will be a hard habit to break. I have found that if I square the right foot at setup it is easier to not roll the foot.

Is this a bad thing to get into the habit of doing? Only bad part I could think of is that it might limit how deep I can get  into the back swing.

Doug

• Administrator
1 hour ago, AbsoluteTruths said:

Looks like not rolling to the outside of my right foot on the back swing will be a hard habit to break. I have found that if I square the right foot at setup it is easier to not roll the foot.

Is this a bad thing to get into the habit of doing? Only bad part I could think of is that it might limit how deep I can get  into the back swing.

Yes.

Try the wall drill with your foot flared. You shouldn't roll the ankle outward unless you're Sergio Garcia (and I could make a case that he shouldn't either, but it may also be too late for him on that…).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...

Went to the range today for the first time in a long time. Hit the balls really well. Especially the driver. Getting the hang of SK#2 and not swaying in the back swing.

Been a hectic week. My wife went to the hospitol for a lung biopsy on a small spot on her lung. When she came out of the anesthitic she could not move her legs. This was a blessing in disguise because while doing all kinds of tests on her to see why they found inflamation on her spine. She just was able to walk good today a week after it happened.

The spot on her lung is cancer and they they think the spine inflmation is cancer. We go see the General Practition and the lung doctor tomorrow to she what we do next.

My wife is taking it very well because she knows that God works all thinks for the good of those who love Him. Your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

Doug

8 hours ago, AbsoluteTruths said:

Went to the range today for the first time in a long time. Hit the balls really well. Especially the driver. Getting the hang of SK#2 and not swaying in the back swing.

Been a hectic week. My wife went to the hospitol for a lung biopsy on a small spot on her lung. When she came out of the anesthitic she could not move her legs. This was a blessing in disguise because while doing all kinds of tests on her to see why they found inflamation on her spine. She just was able to walk good today a week after it happened.

The spot on her lung is cancer and they they think the spine inflmation is cancer. We go see the General Practition and the lung doctor tomorrow to she what we do next.

My wife is taking it very well because she knows that God works all thinks for the good of those who love Him. Your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

I ask the All Mighty to give her a quick recovery and patience through these hard times.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Great news. When we went to see the Pulminologist  he read the final test reports and said who told you you had brain cancer the test results came back negative.

So just the small tumor on her lung and we are going for a PET scan and will know the treatment plan soon.

The hospitol has some explaining to do.

Doug

14 hours ago, AbsoluteTruths said:

Great news. When we went to see the Pulminologist  he read the final test reports and said who told you you had brain cancer the test results came back negative.

So just the small tumor on her lung and we are going for a PET scan and will know the treatment plan soon.

The hospitol has some explaining to do.

Awsome!  That's great news and they definitely have a lot of explaining to do.. 

• Upvote 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• 2 months later...

Wow long time no see. My wife had her lower left lung lobe removed April 27th. There was a cancerous tumor in that lobe. She is home now recovering and doing very well. I have two weeks off work to take care of her. I am very busy doing all the cooking and cleaning.

My wife told me the other day that I needed to get out of the house. So I went and had a lesson with my golf coach.

We worked on getting me on plane. He put me in one of those half circle PVC plane trainers. This really felt weird because before I was rotating my forearms fast in the back swing.

I took this to the range yesterday and it is making big improvements in my consistency.
I made me a redneck plane board in the back yard.

20160512_164453.jpg

Doug

• Administrator

Glad to hear things are going well, all things considered, Doug.

My thoughts and best wishes continue to be with you and your wife.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...

My handicap went down from 27.7 to 26.6. This is the first time it is a true
representation because it is the first time they are using scores from after a long gap in posting to GHIN.

I have only played twice this year. Between my wife's medical issues and my golfing partners having their lives get in their way. I just do not like playing by myself.

Still practicing. My wife had a successful surgery and now she is have four treatment of chemo spaced three weeks apart. She is having very minimal side effects because we are eating ketogenic diet. Check out http://www.theketogenicdiet.org/what-is-the-ketogenic-diet/ if your are interested.

Doug

• 2 months later...

I have not been able to practice or play much lately. Taking care of my wife and taking her to all her appointments. Praise the Lord she had her last chemo infusion this week. She is not feeling good right now but they say this will pass.

I have been working on the issues my coach pointed out. He has a V1 golf academy account so I can go back and see his videos of hid analysis.

I am working on not rolling to the outside of my right foot on back swing, keeping my club and hands on plane on the back swing, and not flipping. been practicing this at home. I have played a couple times in the past few months. My scores reflect my lack of practice. 112 and 104.

Going for another lesson next week.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Wow had a great lesson with my coach Saturday. I left being able to start the ball right and draw/hook it back. I still have to work on perfecting this to work for me but this is the first time I was able to draw the ball ever.

I was pushing my hands away from me on the takeway. Now my hands move over the top of my right foot. I also was moving the club outside the plane going back and through.

Now almost every ball starts right and draws/hooks back. Some go too far right and draw but not enough and some I pull hook. The pull hooks are me doing my old follow through which was moving my hands low and around my left hip. Now I am to think low to high.

The pieces I have to fine tune for myself are how far right the ball starts and how much it draws back. That is done by how much inside to out I am and how much I turn the club over through impact.

Going to the driving range shortly and going to play Tuesday.

This is a video with my redneck plane board move to my new swing plane. I know left arm too bent. working on that too

Edited by AbsoluteTruths
inserted vido wrong

Doug

Well I was spraying all over the range.  But this is to be expected since this swing is radically different. I am going to play tomorrow and do not know what to expect. 

We are at the Infusion Center now.  My wife is finished with the chemo and they have a ceremony where she rings a bell.

Doug

7 minutes ago, AbsoluteTruths said:

Well I was spraying all over the range.  But this is to be expected since this swing is radically different. I am going to play tomorrow and do not know what to expect. 

We are at the Infusion Center now.  My wife is finished with the chemo and they have a ceremony where she rings a bell.

Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope all is going well there. 

- Shane

On 9/12/2016 at 5:07 AM, AbsoluteTruths said:

Wow had a great lesson with my coach Saturday. I left being able to start the ball right and draw/hook it back. I still have to work on perfecting this to work for me but this is the first time I was able to draw the ball ever.

I was pushing my hands away from me on the takeway. Now my hands move over the top of my right foot. I also was moving the club outside the plane going back and through.

Nice, keep up the good work!

And best of luck to your wife on her treatments and recovery.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 1135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!