Sign in to follow this  
MS256

The "Ball Under a Foot of Water" Challenge

Note: This thread is 1795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

220 posts / 11252 viewsLast Reply

I don't know. Add your name to the list if you're in.   [LIST=1] [COLOR=181818] [*] @iacas [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [*] @Lihu [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [*] @jamo [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [*] @Golfingdad [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [*] @Shorty [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [*] @Ernest Jones [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [*] @boogielicious [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [*] @cipher [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [*] @JetFan1983 [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] [*] You?[/COLOR] [/LIST]

@me

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

For the record (and calculations) it didn't feel like I hit the ball at all. Maybe I did and maybe I didn't but it just felt like I threw a whole lot of water on the green and the ball was in with it (to my surprise).

Option 4: you disturbed a little sand which hid the ball and your son dropped another on the green and lied TO YOU.

It's not.

So, @MS256, are you going to do it? Because as politely as possible, I'm calling complete and utter BS.

Pretty sure you can make $100+ if you're able to do it. If you fail, we get to assign your avatar and user title for one week for each person who is willing to put up $10 (nothing generally offensive to a typical person).

Who's in?

@iacas

@Lihu

@jamo

@Golfingdad

@Shorty

@Ernest Jones

@boogielicious

@cipher

I'm not in for any money but if I can duplicate it I will have a debt to pay.

[quote name="MS256" url="/t/78113/ms256-vs-physics-10-wagers#post_1074627"] For the record (and calculations) it didn't feel like I hit the ball at all. Maybe I did and maybe I didn't but it just felt like I threw a whole lot of water on the green and the ball was in with it (to my surprise).

Option 4: you disturbed a little sand which hid the ball and your son dropped another on the green and lied TO YOU.

I'm not in for any money but if I can duplicate it I will have a debt to pay.

You don't owe anything if you don't make it. That's a good bet in my mind. ;-)

1. @iacas
  2. @Lihu
  3. @jamo
  4. @Golfingdad
  5. @Shorty
  6. @Ernest Jones
  7. @boogielicious
  8. @cipher
  9. @JetFan1983
  10. @Jakester23
  11. @billchao

Let's close this tonight. Midnight pacific time. That's currently 11 weeks of avatar- and user-title-changing (each person gets one week) when you fail and $110 if the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove for three seconds.

@iacas

@Lihu

@jamo

@Golfingdad

@Shorty

@Ernest Jones

@boogielicious

@cipher

@JetFan1983

@Jakester23

@billchao

@mvmac

Let's close this tonight. Midnight pacific time. That's currently 11 weeks of avatar- and user-title-changing (each person gets one week) when you fail and $110 if the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove for three seconds.

I always keep a $20 tucked in my wallet behind the cards just in case I ever meet the Dude that invented Yoga pants (I'm going to buy him some beers ;-) ), I am now sliding a ten back there too...just in case physics DO cease to exist on his stove for three seconds...

I'll join in there, sorry MS256.

I just want to see the swing that will make it happen.

Also, are ball retrievers considered an illegal club for this type of shot?

Okay, I'm in. How will we wire the money to MS256 if he should be able to do it?

I'll fly to Alabama and give him the cash if he can hit a ball that's under a foot of water :-P

I'll fly to Alabama and give him the cash if he can hit a ball that's under a foot of water :-P

I'll give you my ten, next time we meet. . .

Seems to be some silence from some quarters.   Funny that ;-)

I can throw a baseball 20 yards under water for what it's worth.

Note: This thread is 1795 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!