IGNORED

What Are Your 2015 Golf Goals? Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

1) Getting key 2 with a full swing, sans injury.

2) Hope to get to 2 keys this year.

3) Start working on "ball striking".

4) Practice my short game 35% of the time I plan to practice.

5) Spend a lot more time actually playing golf.

Amending this.

Get past the first three chapters in LSW. I no longer have the haphazard wrist loading phenomenon, so it makes sense to plan my rounds at this point. Previously, I might have one week or month where I hit one distance and another would be yet another distance. At this point, it seems like I am swinging pretty much as fast as I can, and my wrists are loading the shafts as nearly the same way as I can every time.

Get both of the first two keys to an acceptable level, and start working on key 3 then work from item 3 and on.

My short game is pretty terrible at this point. I have no "feel" as to how far I need to hit. The pitches, bunker shots and putts are much smoother and easier, but I need to spend at least a month of playing to get a feel for their distances. I don't mishit any of the short game shots, but have no idea how much to put behind any shot.

Ball striking is my bane. I hit too thin at this point. I think I need to aim down into the ground more after the ball. I get no spin to speak of either, probably because I am sweeping the ball more than striking down.

I hope to be playing some decent golf before the end of the year.

Another amendment:

Get used to my new swing to be able to start working on my priorities again, get the club head behind my hands at A3. The only thing I am actively working on is the " slow and syrupy " back swing and the start of the downswing. This seems to help with the other items anyway, but this is the only " active " feeling.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My goal is simple and will be easy to achieve. That is to play more rounds than I did in 2014. Last spring I bought a vacation condo on the AL coast and reduced my membership in MS to a limited round package. My thinking.....I would be spending 1/2 my time on the coast and wouldn't play as much at home. Bottom line, I didn't play as much on the coast as I got involved in other things like bike riding, boating etc... I probably played a total of 45 rounds all year. This year I plan to spend roughly 1/3 of my time there and more in MS. I rejoined my home course and plan to play a lot when home. Should double my rounds over last year. Looking forward to playing more golf.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

1) Shoot consistently in the 80's

2) Get to where I never 3 putt

3) Start hitting at least 60% of fairways

4) Get to where I don't chunk any shots during a round/Lose 1 ball or less a round

5) Have fun

1) Get my HI below 30

2) Multiple rounds under 100

3) Finish top 3 low net in my club tournament.

I need to become a more consistent ball striker.  I hope to accomplish this with lessons, feedback from the "My Swing" thread and practice!

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

Improve my short game. (60% or above)

Hit more greens (at least 12 greens/round is my goal)

30 putts or less per round.

I don't miss fairways by much, but I'll take some more fairway hits (Technically speaking). Top 3 are my main focus this year,

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Here are my 2014 stats and scores.

My 2015 goals are:

FIR: 55%

GIR: 40%

Putts per hole: 1.6

20 rounds under 80

5 rounds under 75

Hopefully <5 Handicap. Currently I am an 8.1.

Good to see someone who plays a lot of the same courses I do on here. (RU, Neshanic, Quail, Warrenbrook, Green Knoll).

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

My goal is simple.  To beat @CarlSpackler more times than he beats me this year.  Of course I'll never out drive him but I'm also hoping to gain some distance this year with every club in the bag except the putter.

~Billy

:mizuno:  :tmade:  :callaway: :odyssey:   :footjoy:  :clicgear:

Don't sell yourself short judge - you're a tremendous slouch!!!

My goal for 2015 is to stay healthy and enjoy the golf season. If I improve I improve. If not, I don't care anymore. I have too many injuries to work around to worry about it.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

2 goals:

1. Break 80.

2. Get to single digit handicap, even if it is 9.9!

Todd

Driver:  Cobra ZL Encore 9.5*

Woods:  Cobra AMP Fairway Adjustable 3-4W

Irons: Callaway XRPro S300 5i, 6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, PW, AW

Wedges:  Cobra Trusty Rusty - 53*, 57* / Callaway Mack Daddy PM - 60*, 64*

Putter: SeeMore SB2

Golf Ball:  Callaway SuperSoft

Yes, I carry 6 wedges, what are you gonna do about it?

My goals for the year are to:

1: play consistent golf

2: Finally get round to getting an official handicap

3: Have a lot more fun playing than last year (wont be hard seeing my new swing actually works!)

4: Have the confidence to try some of the course's I was told were "too good for a golfer of my skill" by a number of stuck up idiots

Winter practice has gone well so cant wait to finally hit the course again

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Play better than last year, when I struggled mightily.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

My goal in 2015 is to beat my lowest round ever of 71(-1). My plan to do so is to play as much as I practice this year. It will a tough feat considering that I work when the sun is up, but that is my goal!

Call me Jason

I live in Erie, PA and love golf.

Goals for 2015:

1. Lower index to 5.4 or better* (previous best 5.7)

2. Play a round at -1 or better on my home course(previous best +1)

3. Play a round with a zero (or negative) differential on any course (previous best 2.3)

4. Break 70

Copied from: My Swing (fr0sty)

There are in roughly ascending order and all hinge on goal 0: "Have a functional swing by April."

I thought I posted in here already, maybe just didn't complete it and dumped the draft copy.

2015 Goals:

1. Play more in 2015 than I did in 2014.

2. Establish a functional USGA Handicap (at least five official rounds of golf in one season to make it mean anything)

3. Get my club distances figured out through focused and consistent practice.

4. Have fun.

5. Play at least one round of golf with at least one of the people on the site here.

Somewhat general and a little vague, but will work for this year.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Fix Key #1.

Work on Key #3

Play more golf.

I'm adding another goal. I want to get down to a 9.9 HI. This is a huge one of course.

I bought a season pass again, so "Play more golf" should be taken care of.

- Shane

As a teacher, mine's really based around holiday time, but there's a few:

Skill-wise

- have better control of distance with wedges; i.e. sort out the 3x4 method once and for all. I reckon a couple of days' serious work should do this.

- markedly improve ball striking with irons

- improve lag putting

- ideally be able to draw and fade the ball when needed...

Handicap

- Down to 10

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 3059 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!