IGNORED

Cutting the Cord…

turtleback

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Local blocking?

That’s possible. Comcast calling me tomorrow and I’m gonna see we what I can get done. The chat tech of course couldn’t help but he seemed to say if I go with internet only I’ll get the slower speed...that only high speeds come with bundle. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

That’s possible. Comcast calling me tomorrow and I’m gonna see we what I can get done. The chat tech of course couldn’t help but he seemed to say if I go with internet only I’ll get the slower speed...that only high speeds come with bundle. 

That would suck.   I have Charter / Spectrum and they didn't have any trouble with me just buying internet service although it was a few dollars higher than the bundle price.  I just measured 117.9 Mb/s / 11.3 Mb/s.   I pay about $65 / month for just internet.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

That would suck.   I have Charter / Spectrum and they didn't have any trouble with me just buying internet service although it was a few dollars higher than the bundle price.  I just measured 117.9 Mb/s / 11.3 Mb/s.   I pay about $65 / month for just internet.

Yeah I think my other option here is SmartCity. If Xfinity won’t work with me I may just dump it all and switch to them as I know they have internet only. I average 165-180 Mbps. I wanted the Gigabit plan but my area isn’t wired for fiber optic. My plan says 400 Mbps and I don’t expect that but over 200 less? I dunno ...it’s all a bit annoying.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Dumped phone and cable, getting just innerwebz with Spectrum, using an IPTV called Vader Streams which is like 4..7 billion channels including movie channels for $15/month 

Colin P.

• 3 months later...

I was finally able to dump the TV package and just keep my internet service with Xfinity. I have Netflix, AP and Hulu. I use Hulu for sports mostly, Netflix for originals/movies and Prime for the same. So much out there now with DirectTV direct, YouTube, etc.. It’s hard to know what the best/economical set up is to cover everything you may want.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My daughter just texted me and said Amazon Prime now has some live sports.    She was watching the Phoenix Open..

I can't verify this currently.....

Edited by dennyjones
  • Informative 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

34 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

My daughter just texted me and said Amazon Prime now has some live sports.    She was watching the Phoenix Open..

I can't verify this currently.....

That is an affirmative. I'm not subscribed to PGA Tour Live on Amazon, maybe this is a promotion? This is from a desktop computer, dunno how it looks on a streaming device. I've seen NFL links while jumping around searching the catalog on the Roku though.

I think golf has been losing viewers like me, I will not watch regular events live, because, well, have gone through that a bazillion times, but if I'm out and about and have ten minutes here or there, I will spin up Amazon Prime on my whatever portable device and have it in the background or just pay attention when they hit a shot.

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 5.50.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 5.51.43 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

PGA Tour Live

I subscribed a few years back and enjoyed watching early featured groups before GC coverage in the afternoon.
Also I liked watching rounds on my phone in the afternoon while playing.

They had great coverage for the US Open with less commercials.
The announcers were ok, but no on course updates. 
I could also watch their broadcast and tv coverage for more coverage.

I did noticed they up the price the other day to $65 for the year.
It was a great deal at $30 plus they gave a $30 credit for Golf Now use back then.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• 8 months later...

Bringing this back from the dead, I recently switched to youtube.tv, which doesn't have the history channel, does anyone have any ideas how to get history channel, without switching to another service.

10 hours ago, Slowcelica said:

Bringing this back from the dead, I recently switched to youtube.tv, which doesn't have the history channel, does anyone have any ideas how to get history channel, without switching to another service.

I’m thinking @nevets88 may have an idea...

I love my YouTube tv.  But do miss history at times

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

My wife and i are tired of dealing with satellite company and inconsistent pricing.  So we will soon be adding ESPN+ (and Disney for the kiddos) to our montly streaming use but i wanted to check in and see what everyone is using to stream  PGA events and your reviews.

I usually like watching the last event on Monday when the course is closed....

On 10/26/2019 at 12:09 AM, Vinsk said:

I’m thinking @nevets88 may have an idea...

I'm coming up blank. There's no way to get it w/o switching over to Hulu or some other service.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I'm coming up blank. There's no way to get it w/o switching over to Hulu or some other service.

Yeah...maybe Sling would be the cheapest route? I have Netflix/Prime/Hulu Live. I see pretty much anything I want with that combo.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Roku as added the USGA channel.   Check it out.

Cool, looks nice.  I think I may start with the US Open Decade: 1930s when I have time.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold)