IGNORED

Cutting the Cord…

turtleback

Well, that did not take long. USGA channel covered the entire 1930s in less than 16 minutes. It was a rapid fire highlight real.  I know they would not have as much TV coverage compared to today but I would like to have seen more.  Maybe a little more meat on the bones in future decades.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Roku as added the USGA channel.   Check it out.

Looks cool - just added to my Roku. I wonder if this content will be added to the USGA YouTube channel as well for watching when out and about. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• 2 years later...

The cable bill went up this year so I called them and canceled it. Nobody in my house watches TV anymore, anyways. 

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

8 minutes ago, billchao said:

The cable bill went up this year so I called them and canceled it. Nobody in my house watches TV anymore, anyways. 

Good for you. 
My wife and I haven't had a working TV in the house for more than 13 years. I don't feel like I'm missing anything. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

20 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Good for you. 
My wife and I haven't had a working TV in the house for more than 13 years. I don't feel like I'm missing anything. 

So, you keep a broken TV in the house?  😜

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

8 minutes ago, StuM said:

So, you keep a broken TV in the house?  😜

I'm not embarrassed to say this, but YES; There have been two. In our last house we had one of those giant big screen rear projection monstrosities in our basement. It stopped working one day and it was in the basement for probably 3 or 4 years before we finally dragged it's big ass up the stairs and put it on the curb. (Incidentally somebody took it off the curb within 20 minutes of us putting it out there. Not sure if there's valuable stuff inside but it kind of seemed like it.) 

Then when we moved into the house we're in now, There was a TV built into the wall of my wife's office. We bought the house, never found the remote for that TV and ended up donating it to Goodwill after it hung in there for several months. It may have worked, but we don't actually know. I was forthright with Goodwill stating that I didn't have a remote and I wasn't sure if it worked. They took it and said they'd figure it out. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

11 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Good for you. 

I can’t think of the last time I watched TV and it was probably on Netflix which I can still watch without cable.

10 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

In our last house we had one of those giant big screen rear projection monstrosities in our basement. It stopped working one day and it was in the basement for probably 3 or 4 years before we finally dragged it's big ass up the stairs and put it on the curb.

I don’t blame you. I remember moving one of those monstrosities. It sucked.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

The last couple of years we have been on smart TV's with so many OTT channels that I probably pay more per month than I did when I had a satellite dish for my TV.  Of course, some of the OTT channels have some live sports but I do occasionally struggle to watch everything I want to.  Overall I am happier to watch what I want to when I want to and pause a movie/show and restart later.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball