IGNORED

Does Anyone Save Golf Balls From Memorable Holes?

dfreuter415
Note: This thread is 3420 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've got the golf balls from all the eagles I made. I don't have them labelled or anything, they're just sitting in a bag. I have the order memorized. (I also haven't made a whole ton of eagles.) The most recent time I made an eagle I got a video of me going to pick the ball up out of the hole. Didn't capture the actual moment, though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[URL]http://www.pgatour.com/news/2014/12/03/jordan-spieth-hero-world.html[/URL] Jordan has a few.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I also haven't made a whole ton of eagles.

Me neither.  I wonder if anybody out there has though??  As it turns out, in case you were wondering, and I think you were ;) ... it would take 19,753 eagles to make "a whole ton."

Counting my one hole-in-one, I am currently sitting at roughly 13 ounces of eagles in my career.  So, I gotta ways to go too. :-P

• Upvote 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamo

I also haven't made a whole ton of eagles.

Me neither.  I wonder if anybody out there has though??  As it turns out, in case you were wondering, and I think you were ;) ... it would take 19,753 eagles to make "a whole ton."

Counting my one hole-in-one, I am currently sitting at roughly 13 ounces of eagles in my career.  So, I gotta ways to go too.

Some eagles weight more than others, figuratively speaking of course. . . :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

For along time I kept the ball with which I got my first eagle and the ball I shot a 76 with on a par 74 course (I was a high 80s to low 90s shooter at the time and had that one perfect day where every part of my game was at its peak).

But over the years I have lost track of them.

Back in 2008 I went to the US Open practice rounds at Torrey Pines.  At the souvenir tent I bought a bunch of golf balls with the 2008 US Open.Torrey Pines logo.  Then for several years, whenever a 4-some let me play through I made it a practice of giving them one f the souvenir balls and telling them to use it as a closest to the pin prize on their next par 3.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I do. I mean the ball may have not done anything but it is always cool to have a history of things. I have my first ball I played an entire round with, first eagle, first competitive eagle, first hole out, first bogey free round all the other hole outs over 80 yards.. still waiting on my hole in one though.

I would've loved to have kept the golf balls from my memorable holes.  Unfortunately, in my efforts to extend that success by continuing to play those particular balls, they met with an untimely demise =(.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Yes. I've just never had any memorable moments. :-)

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I keep, and mark, Eagles and Hole-in-Ones. Or if I play a very memorable golf course, the ball I finished with. I have 4 holes from this year down on the mirror in my bar. One was driving a par 4 in one during a club match (was 40 feet away in 1 on a huge green, about 310 to the front of the green). The second was a hole-in-one and the final 2 were really neat. I shot my career best, 4 over par. I was using balls with my twin girls names printed on them from Titleist. One name on each ball. I used one ball with one girl's name the entire front nine and the the other girl for the whole back nine. Didn't lose any!

—Adam

I don't,​ only the one with I made my first hole in one. :-D

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Note: This thread is 3420 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!