IGNORED

Par-6 holes!

Q.Q.Quillume
Note: This thread is 3845 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody out there in Sand Trap Land know of any par-6 holes? Any info you have on par-6 holes, or tall tales about playing par-6 holes could be very interesting.

To the best of my recollection I've played only two:
1. Meadows Farms Golf Course in Locust Grove, VA http://www.meadowsfarms.com/golf/ The par-6 on this course is 841 yards from the tips.
2. Farmstead Golf Links in Calabash, NC http://www.farmsteadgolflinks.com/farmstead/ The par-6 on this course is 767 yards from the tips. I think you tee off from the tee box in S.C. and eventually get to the green, which is in N.C. (On the 10th hole, a par-4, you tee off in N.C. and a respectable drive will easily reach S.C.)

The Links at Kahite - Tellico Village - 808 yd Par 6. I've never played the course, but I've heard this hole is an absolute beast since it plays into the wind typically.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

Colebrook Country Club in Colebrook, NH. I believe it is 686 yds. But the last 100yds the elevation changes at least 150 feet up.

I birdied it twice. It is easy to reach in three. First time drove into the rough, punched an 8 iron out, hit a beautiful 3 wood onto the green 15ft missed eagle. Second time through (it is a 9 hole course with two sets of tee boxes if you are playing 18) Driver and three wood from the fairway PW to ten feet, and again missed eagle. The kicker was that it was almost the same putt as the first time.

The cool thing about it is the next hole is a par 3 that tees off from 150 feet above the green. That hole I think is 216yds, but I hit a 7 iron over it.

Colebrook Country Club in Colebrook, NH. I believe it is 686 yds. But the last 100yds the elevation changes at least 150 feet up.

If it's easy for a 20 h'cp to reach in three its hardly a "par 6", is it?

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

If it's easy for a 20 h'cp to reach in three its hardly a "par 6", is it?

That's a pretty ignorant stance...

So if I can get to a par 5 in two, which I can quite often do, it shouldn't be a par 5? Or since I can have driven the greens at a couple of places, those shouldn't be par 4s? Distance isn't my problem, consistency is. So if I hit three good shots in a row (or in the case of the first: one good, one bad, and one amazing) I should be on in three. In both of those I hit a three wood approximately 250 yds. I know a lot of very good golfers with handicaps a lot lower than mine who can't do that. The good news is I can get more consistent with my golf swing, can you fix your problem?

I do apologise, I was under the impression that a "par 6" was merley a theoretical concept. I didn't know that it actually existed, I've never heard tell of one. If it says that on the scorecard then so be it.
What I thought a "par 6" is is a par 5 hole that was so unbvelievably long that it would be impossible for the average golfer to reach in three.
Whats in the bag:

Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

There is one at the course I play a lot. Its Irish Hills in La Crosse, WI. I think its 626 yards. You tee off on top of a hill and it drops down into a valley that dog legs to the left and then you have to hit uphill. Its a fun hole.

In the bag
Driver - Burner 460cc with Balistik Stiff Shaft
Hybrid Adams A4 3i
Hybrid Adams Golf Tight Lies 4 utility
Irons - Adams Golf Tight Lies 5-SW CG 12 52 degree 58 degree spin milled Classic #2 Putter

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...51/ai_60121204

Chocolay Downs Golf Course
over a 1000 yards...
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

[QUOTE=Rusty2228;78287]Colebrook Country Club in Colebrook, NH. I believe it is 686 yds. But the last 100yds the elevation changes at least 150 feet up.QUOTE]

686? River Islands Golf Club in Kodak, TN has a 639 yd par 5 from the tips. I hit Driver, 3 wood, and had 55 yards left into that hole. The crappy thing about that hole is the tips plays 639 yards on that hole, and the next farthest tee box is 482 yards. My playing partners had a HUGE advantage on me on that hole.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

I do apologise, I was under the impression that a "par 6" was merley a theoretical concept. I didn't know that it actually existed, I've never heard tell of one. If it says that on the scorecard then so be it.

I apologize if I seem a little picky here, but are saying you figured an 841-yard hole was

really a par-5, but I just called it a par-6 because I can't reach the green in 3 strokes? I even provided a link to the golf course so you could look & see for yourself.

I apologize if I seem a little picky here, but are saying you figured an 841-yard hole was

And I continue to pay the price for skim reading over posts.

That perticular post wasn't directed at you, no. But I will admit that I had no idea that there was ever such a thing as a par 6 hole.
Whats in the bag:

Anybody out there in Sand Trap Land know of any par-6 holes? Any info you have on par-6 holes, or tall tales about playing par-6 holes could be very interesting.

I'll provide some tall tales.

When I was first trying to break 100, I took my scorecard one day and crossed out the "par" section and replaced it with a 4 (for each 3) and a 6 for each 4 and 5 (not counting the 4s that had been 3s). Those were some mean par-6s, let me tell you! I hit my driver 200 yards and my 5-Iron 150. I think the day I did that, I birdied one or two, eagled one (a short par6: 285 yards) and made par on a few. I didn't break 100, but hey, you try breaking 100 on a course with fourteen par-6s and four par-4s! I was happy to be on in two for just one!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.dewstow.com/

"The Park Course has what we believe to be the only Par 6 Hole in play in the U.K.. The 13th Hole (Forestry) can now be played as the existing Par 5 or from the New Tee. A Monster 690 yd Par 6"
Superquad 9.5 Stiff
G5 3 Wood Stiff
MP-57 3-PW
R-Series 56 Wedge
52 & 60 WedgesWH #5

tony finau is the only person that could be on the green in two (on most of the holes posted) if he hit one of those 400 yarders off the tee

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

• 6 years later...

Lake Chabot Oakland CA Muni Course has a par 6 on 18. Mostly downhill till you get 5 yards from the green.

"Holes 15 through 18 have magnificent views. From 15 you get a breathtaking look at downtown Oakland, the Bay Bridge and San Francisco. Flip side is that it is the ultimate sucker hole. Only 259 from the blues and 245 from the whites, everyone pulls out the driver at least once to take a shot. No problem. Just don't pull it, or you end up somewhere on the 16th fairway, and very O.B. Oh, and don't slice, or you might as well be in the bay. A great risk-reward hole."

"No. 18 is one of the best finishing holes I have ever played. A 600-yard (673) par 6. That's right, I said par 6; apparently one of the last ones around. Read the plaque to the left of the tee box before you tee off. It commemorates the long-time superintendent of the course, Joseph Guisto, and his long-drive supremacy. This is where you give back all of the altitude you have gained; 18 is straight downhill."

Written by Mike Roth
Assoc. Editor, sfbaygolf.com

There used to be a course in Yucaipa, CA called El Rivino whose 1st hole was listed as a par 6 on the scorecard.  But it was really a very long par 5 as it as only 630 yards long from the back and there were no features that made it play longer.  The course has been gone for a number of years.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Lake Chabot Oakland CA Muni Course has a par 6 on 18. Mostly downhill till you get 5 yards from the green.

"No. 18 is one of the best finishing holes I have ever played. A 600-yard (673) par 6. That's right, I said par 6; apparently one of the last ones around. Read the plaque to the left of the tee box before you tee off. It commemorates the long-time superintendent of the course, Joseph Guisto, and his long-drive supremacy. This is where you give back all of the altitude you have gained; 18 is straight downhill."

It's a pretty easy (roller coaster - up-down-up) hole to par once I figure out where to place 2nd & 3rd shot.    1st shot is a blind shot in that you can't see the group in front, and can't really tell where your shot will end up (if you are a mid to long hitter).   A big tee shot downhill will make the hole into a short par 5 hole.  Ball can roll forever, more than one's expectation.   The last shot  is a straight up to the green but very doable.   It's unique and fun but I've seen a few confrontations over past balls.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3845 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!