IGNORED

What Podcasts Do You Listen To?

jamo
Note: This thread is 2351 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

What is ATP?

EDIT: Never mind I googled ATP Podcast and found it. Accidental Tech Podcast which is referenced above.

I listen to some well produced podcasts that I doubt make money. Slate podcasts are pretty good but I Just bet their audience is small in terms of making a profit.

ATP sounds like a tennis podcast if you don't follow Apple.

Yeah, probably not much, the thing about podcasts is you don't need a lot of subs to get into the black. It's like all these tv shows now with only 1-2 million regular viewers.

Off topic but IIRC, Slate was owned by Microsoft who then sold it to WaPo? Who was then bought by Amazon? I wonder who owns it now.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

ATP sounds like a tennis podcast if you don't follow Apple.

Yeah, probably not much, the thing about podcasts is you don't need a lot of subs to get into the black. It's like all these tv shows now with only 1-2 million regular viewers.

Off topic but IIRC, Slate was owned by Microsoft who then sold it to WaPo? Who was then bought by Amazon? I wonder who owns it now.

It's not that far off topic:podcasts.

And what is IIRC?

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

1 hour ago, gregsandiego said:

It's not that far off topic:podcasts.

And what is IIRC?

If I recall correctly. 

If anyone's interested, Bezos owns The Washington Post independently of Amazon.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 1/17/2017 at 8:43 PM, jbishop15 said:

Hold onto your butts, a long list is coming: 

• Story and Star Wars

This podcast has been very fun to listen to :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On 1/21/2017 at 5:44 PM, saevel25 said:

This podcast has been very fun to listen to :beer:

It's great, isn't it? I really learned a lot. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

• 4 weeks later...

I don't listen to any podcasts but I watch a fair amount of streaming.

https://www.twitch.tv/

https://beam.pro/

Most of the streams are video game related of course but Twitch has a Creative section that was quite busy for a while (more-so on evenings/weekends).  If you're curious to see live gameplay before you buy a game or want to ask a streamer questions about a game it's a great way to do that.  Or if you're curious to see woodworking, cooking, drawing, programming, or a variety of other trades the Creative section is good for that too.

On 1/23/2017 at 1:49 PM, jbishop15 said:

It's great, isn't it? I really learned a lot. 

I've been listening to his Podcast on Tolkin. He's going to spending the next year or two going through the Hobbit and LOTR books. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 1 month later...

Steve

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I listened to it all within 24 hours. I don't even really know why I found it so interesting. 

Last I heard, @Golfingdad is on episode 3. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

22 minutes ago, jamo said:

I listened to it all within 24 hours. I don't even really know why I found it so interesting. 

Last I heard, @Golfingdad is on episode 3. 

Better than Serial? Or too different to say? Only halfway through 1st episode. Reviews coming up, so probably need to get going.

Steve

9 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Better than Serial? Or too different to say? Only halfway through 1st episode. Reviews coming up, so probably need to get going.

Through episode 1 and some of 2 it seems quite similar to Serial.

Its not.

I'm in the middle of ep 4 right now.  Good for everything else but bad for podcasts is that my commute isn't that long. :). Only most of one episode per day for me.

Edited by Golfingdad

2 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Through episode 1 and some of 2 it seems quite similar to Serial.

Its not.

I'm in the middle of ep 4 right now.  Good for everything else but bad for podcasts is that my commute isn't that long. :). Only most of one episode per day for me.

@jamo, you're a monster, the whole thing in 24 hours? I'm going to cheat a little and read some of the transcript if they finish soon enough.

Steve

3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

@jamo, you're a monster, the whole thing in 24 hours? I'm going to cheat a little and read some of the transcript if they finish soon enough.

FWIW, I'd recommend listening to it over reading a transcript. You really want to get to know the characters. 

17 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Better than Serial season 2. Not as good as season 1. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Halfway through episode 5. Holy Rashomon. I'm inclined to believe Rita now. What a mess though. 

Steve

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

Halfway through episode 5. Holy Rashomon. I'm inclined to believe Rita now. What a mess though. 

Right?? 

In my bag:

1 minute ago, jamo said:

Right?? 

Rita sounds well adjusted and has records. Tyler has kids with 3 women before 21. Who are you gonna trust?

Steve

Note: This thread is 2351 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!