IGNORED

What's The Funniest Shot You've Ever Seen On The Golf Course

play4him
Note: This thread is 5643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Guy I work with is hitting his approach into a par 5. I'm sitting down the fairway on the left and he is back behind me on the right side. His partner is sitting in the cart 90* to the right of his ball. I see him swing and then hear the guy in the cart yell "Ohhhhhhh!!!" I look back to see him rolling on the ground holding his shin. The one guy hit his shot 90* to the right and drilled his partner in the shin. I couldn't stop laughing for about 15 minutes.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#9 at Willows, I've been stuck behind a pack of slow foursomes all day. Although I'd refrained to that point from hitting into the guys in front (it wasn't really their fault), and actually, did until I was done. Really. I'm about 120 yards away with the pin in the back right and slightly uphill, so I pull the 8 iron. I see them walking off the green and towards their carts, so I fire away. I pushed it off to the right, but thought there was no way in hell it would've made it to their carts.

Well, it did. When I drive up there, I see the guy with his bag unstrapped and upside down. After a second, out pops my crappy Maxfli.

I'd managed to put my ball into the inside of his bag on the fly from about 120. After a minute of confusion we determined I get a free drop on the far side of the cart path. Finished the front five over, all told not bad.

The strangest things happen on the golf course...

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

A "big mouth know it all" in the group ahead of us noticed our friend, female, who is very attractive as we waited for his 4 to tee off. It was a 167 yard par 3 from the middle tee's. He decided to take his shot from the back tee, 195, as our friend was watching. He proceeded to explain how he was going to hit his shot, what trajectory and etc.... He took out his "6" iron. He took himself very seriously. From his swing, I'm guessing that this was a dream 6 for him. After a long tirade of practice swings he finally got himself behind the ball, waggled...and let her rip. His cavity back Callaway 6 hit at least three inches behind and an inch into the deck, sending a thin divot and dirt flying directly at our attractive friend. She watched the ball almost make it to the front box...almost and then said, which was not like her,"whip it out mister". His friends laughed. There was finally silence. I love golf. It's always fair.

Driver: FT-5 9.5 65g V2 stiff
3 wood: 904f 13 YS6fw+ stiff
4 wood: 904f 17 YS6fw+ stiff
Hybrid: 585.h 21 YShybrid+ stiff
Irons: MP 60 4-PW NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Wedges: MP-R 52.07,56.10,60.09 NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X2 33"Ball: ProV1

A "big mouth know it all" in the group ahead of us noticed our friend, female, who is very attractive as we waited for his 4 to tee off. It was a 167 yard par 3 from the middle tee's. He decided to take his shot from the back tee, 195, as our friend was watching. He proceeded to explain how he was going to hit his shot, what trajectory and etc.... He took out his "6" iron. He took himself very seriously. From his swing, I'm guessing that this was a dream 6 for him. After a long tirade of practice swings he finally got himself behind the ball, waggled...and let her rip. His cavity back Callaway 6 hit at least three inches behind and an inch into the deck, sending a thin divot and dirt flying directly at our attractive friend. She watched the ball almost make it to the front box...almost and then said, which was not like her,"whip it out mister". His friends laughed. There was finally silence. I love golf. It's always fair.

Driver: FT-5 9.5 65g V2 stiff
3 wood: 904f 13 YS6fw+ stiff
4 wood: 904f 17 YS6fw+ stiff
Hybrid: 585.h 21 YShybrid+ stiff
Irons: MP 60 4-PW NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Wedges: MP-R 52.07,56.10,60.09 NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X2 33"Ball: ProV1

I was playing a friendly tournament with family and friends in April in England. I was playing my final match of the weekend, coming down the 18th. I had lost the game at the 17th, 3&1, so I decided to give up playing safe and go for every shot. I was in a fairway bunker on the right and decided to try and carry to the green. I took a seven iron thinking that I'd need a bit more club to compensating for the slightly buried lie. I ended up carrying the green and my ball took one bounce on the concrete beside the club house, flew in through the clubhouse door into the bar and gently hit one of my teammate's legs.

You should have gone ahead and played it from the bar...Tin Cup style :D.

You should have gone ahead and played it from the bar...Tin Cup style :D.

I would have if they hadn't lifted it. I ended up flying the green with my subsequent dropped chip anyway, so I couldn't have done much worse.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

hmmm...well it's funny in retrospect i suppose.

my pops and i were on the 18th hole at Benvenue CC in Rocky Mount, NC and I had hit quite a long drive up the right side of the fairway that had just barely trickled into the right rough. my dad conversely, had topped his tee shot into the ditch in front of the ladies tees so i had taken some clubs and scouted up ahead to find my ball. my old man hit quite a spectacular shot out of the ditch which landed right in the middle of the fairway approximately 20 yards to the left and 5 yards in front of me. well, i was over there in the rough examining my lie as i had to carry about 150 yards over water when i hear the sound of hosel meet golf ball. miraculously, my dad had shanked one with such side spin that his titleist curved backwards and nailed me right in the calf muscle of my left leg. my feet flew out from under me and i was rolling on the ground grabbing my leg in pain. my old man was laughing so hard, he couldn't even catch his breath. thanx dad.

those were the good ole days.

My (current) Sticks:

Callaway X Hot 3 Wood
MacTech NVG2 Mids 4-GW
Cleveland DSG RTG+ 56*/60*Ping G5i Craz-E PutterK. I. S. S.

My worst was about 12 years ago. I had just started playing with my father-in-law and his Sunday regulars. I was pretty close to a 36 at the time. We come to the 12th, a 275 yard par 4. I am thinking that I will impress them all when I drive the green. I swing out of my shoes and just barely catch the ball with the toe. It flies 90 degrees right and slams into the metal bench where my wifes grandfather was sitting 30 seconds prior. It echoes through the entire course. Needless to say, they were not as impressed as I had expected.

I have also had one hit the white tee markers and come screaming past our heads.

One of the funniest I have seen though was my buddy waits for the green to clear on a par 5. He is about 250 out and takes a rip with his 3 wood. He tops it so badly that it pops straight up in the air to about eye level, hovers for a second, then drops about a foot in front of him before spinning back three feet.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

well, i can't say that i'm much better than the very first post on here.. i did the same thing the first time i went out, which was last saturday... but my brother did have a pretty terrible shot that day as well... he had a great swing, solid contact, all the good golf mumbo-jumbo that i haven't quite learned yet; but his ball went at an exact 45 degree angle to the left

i have a good story for a home-made driving range though! but first, a little visual setup... i live on a low-traffic road, and my great uncle is a big golf fanatic, so we used to always go to his house to hit balls across the road (about 50 or so feet between his house and the road, and across the road is nothing big a huge open field)... ok, here's the story... i was just starting out and learning about golf, so i stepped up, took a backswing, and heard "don't hit that truck!", but i was already coming down when i realized there was a truck coming down the road... the ball miraculously went between the front tire and fenderwell, and the truck kept on going..

I was playing with a group of friends that included a Dr. from India that had just started playing. The 5th hole is a short narrow par 3 with out of bounds to the right that includes a power line with a large tower. The dr hits his ball off to the right about quail head high right towards the tower. The ball hits the anchor for one of the guy wires and shoots back toward the green, there is no way its going to stop on the green at the rate it is traveling until it hits the lip on the greenside bunker and pops up on to the green, hits the pin and drops for an ace.

I've got 2.

5th hole is a 180 yd par 3. Just short and left of the green is a small apple tree. A member of my foursome hits his ball into that tree. He's under there preparing to chip, and asks us to watch for his ball, his view is blocked. He hits the chip, ball flies leaves and branches, lands on the green, and goes in the hole!!! We're all hooting and hollering at what a great shot it is, and he says what do you mean, my ball is still in the tree. We go and look at the cup, and its an apple in the hole.

the second was staged. A friend of mine is a bit of a trickster, and he takes two balls, tees one up, and balances the second on top of that. He then takes a swing at the bottom ball, which he hits down the middle, and the top ball pops up in the air about 6 feet. He catched the top ball and puts it in his pocket. Pretty cool to see it

Driver- TM 580XD 9*
3w- Adams GT extreme 15*
2H- Snake Eyes 653TH
4-gw Snake Eyes Viper Tour 1/2" long, 2 degrees up
wedges:TM chrome RAC 56*putter: Odyssey 2 ball DFX ball: Srixon Z-URC

Years ago I was caddying for my dad in the pro-am for an LPGA event. We were on the second hole, which runs parallel to the ninth. Dad hits an epic slice that ends up right of the ninth fairway right in front of the bridge that cross the pond about 100 yds. short of the green, about 150 or so to the 2nd green. Sally Little was the pro on the 9th and annouces that if we wanted to be in her group we should have spoken up earlier. My father proceeds to catch his next shot thin and it ricochet's off the bridge railing and ends up on the fringe behind the 9th green. The crowd at the green, unaware of the situation, appluads. When we get to the green, Little hushes the crowd and says that if they liked the last shot they will really like the next one. He then hits a wedge over some trees to the 2nd green and gets a standing ovation.

A friend topped a fairway wood so severly that the ball was driven straight down into the ground, flush with the grass. He looked to trying to see where it was flying, and we all just pointed at his feet and howled with laughter.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

I was playing with my Dad one time and he was about 50+ yards away from a house. He is in the ruff and has a perfect swing except the ball didn't go where he wanted it to, he hit and it hit the grill of somebody's house. I was rolling on the ground laughing so hard.

Also, This one isn't funny but my dad when he says fore he sounds funny so I just started cracking up when he almost hit another persons cart.

Driver: G2
3 Wood: Launcher
Irons: FoundersWedges: Putter: Tru TechBall: The Longest NoodleBag: Grom If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up. ~Tommy...

Within a couple years of starting to play golf, I was out with a favorite group of about eight rank hackers who talked professional-level trash, but couldn't par a hole if they played 8-man captain's choice.

Well, one day I was teeing up on a 138 yard par three and the rest of the foursome stood 20 feet away and slightly ahead of me. They were pretty closely bunched. I take a might swing and my tee ball goes ZIPPING ferociously dead toward these guys. Now I weigh 280 and am a former college wrestler. I used to swing HARD.

The ball literally weaved its way through the group, missing my best buddy by centimeters. He swears he tasted the golf ball as it careened by his nostril hairs and deep into the woods behind them.

After a stunned silence of a couple seconds, everyone fell on the ground in hysterics. But no one stood near the tee box again that round.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

The first guy tees his ball really high and takes a mighty swing. His driver goes right under the ball and sends it straight in the air a whole 10 feet. The guy drops his club and catches his ball and calmly retees it just a tad lower.

And they say John Daly has talent. . . THAT'S talent!

I'm relaying this second-hand, I wish I had seen it....

My good friend has a SUPER fast swing, but it quite inconsistent. One time, he was hitting a PW to a very sunken green, probably 150 out. He skulls the isht out of it and actually hits the tent behind the green. Hence, the "190 yd PW" joke.

Skip ahead, he's playing with his father-in-law at a pretty nice course, house-lined. Takes out his wedge from the fairway, dead blades it again and, as he said to me, it was like slow motion, as it sailed right toward a palladium window in a house behind the green.

S-S-M-M-A-A-A-A-S-S-S-H-H-!! Obliterates the window! Apparently, his FIL knew the people and they were away at the time, so no personal harm came about, but - man - I wish I could have seen that.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Oh, I thought of another one. Not really funny, but amazing. Playing a course for the first time, a bit of a hacker tract, I'm standing on the green. My group is all getting ready to putt, and I notice there's this white butterfly (moth?) has been fluttering around for a while. As I'm watching someone get ready to putt, I don't know if I saw that insect fly by, or if something just made me turn, but I turned away from the green and back toward the fairway.

P-P-P-P-F-F-F-F-L-L-L-L-T-T-T-T-H-H-H-H-H-H!!! A golf ball comes sailing within inches of my face at full speed, less than 6' off the ground. It actually flew past me, past the green and over the back. I look back and some guy had just hit a shot from out of the trees, but no more than probably 150 yds from the green. I have no idea what the guy could have been trying to do.

What's worse, they finally catch up to us probably six-seven holes later. I'm on the tee, the carts are a good 60 feet away, but I hear the culprit say something to the other guys in my group, like "did I almost hit someone back on the Xth?" BUT, he didn't wait the extra ten seconds for me to finish my tee shot to actually apologize. Very weird, but I still wonder what he was thinking with that shot. I was easily within range and he sent a laser through the green. I still shudder to think if that thing would have actually caught me in the eye socket or nose.....

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Note: This thread is 5643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!