IGNORED

What's The Funniest Shot You've Ever Seen On The Golf Course

play4him
Note:Β This thread is 5664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Thanksgiving Day 1996, Stonehenge GC in Warsaw Indiana. 8th tee, lined with moderately expensive houses. dad and i played since we are the only family we have around. Cut my drive BAD into the bay window of one of the houses. I was upset, but started laughing a few seconds later. Dad, of course, laughed the whole time.

Head up to the house, it's about 1pm mind you, to apologize for the window. By the time we get there, a family of 5 is heading out, laughing their butts off. Great, so I am going to be the joke for this family for years, I thought. Pull up, and they tell my to "play it as it lies" in a joking fashion. The wife/mom of the family pulls something from behind her back.

It landed DEAD in the middle of a pumpkin pie. They set the pie down in their backyard, it was in one of those aluminum cheap-o pie cooking things. Took out my 7 iron and hit it out of the pie. Got pie in my face so to speak, but hit it 150-160 ish to 10 yard in front of the green.

comes up every thanksgiving
The best feeling in golf is a long walk with a putter - Greg Norman

In my Atlas Bag
FT-3 9Β° - Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 63S
X-Tour 3 Wood 15Β° - TT Stiff MP-60 Irons 3-PW - DGS300 2 Up MP-T 51Β° 56Β°(10)/60Β°(4) Vokey SM Oil Can Studio Style Newport 2 V1xHome Course Bear Slide

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy hit the ball perfectly...over his head and behind him!

In the bag:
Great Big Birtha II Stiff 10 degrees
Hibore 15 degrees, V2 shaft stiff
X-forged 3-pw
Vokey Oil Can 256-10, 260-08 34in Tess ProV1

I was at the Wake Forest Golf Camp this past summer and the last day we were playing at tanglewood. On one of the holes, a kid from the group in front of us came back to ask us if we had found a red headcover for a 3 wood. We said that we hadnt and he walked away down the cartpath, on the left side of the fairway. Now the hole was a dogleg left, with a downhill tee shot, with OB on the left. When we thought the kid was out of range (around the corner) this kid in our group hit it and duck hooked it around the corner. About 5 seconds later we hear OWWWWW followed by some very colorful language. The kid from the group ahead of us poped out from oround the corner and started yelling at the kid. The ball had curved around and hit the kid right on the ass cheeck. He was saying "you lucky b*****d that ball was headed out of bounds if it wasnt for my fat ass. You almost had a f****** hole in one" hahaha

I was at the Wake Forest Golf Camp this past summer and the last day we were playing at tanglewood. On one of the holes, a kid from the group in front of us came back to ask us if we had found a red headcover for a 3 wood. We said that we hadnt and he walked away down the cartpath, on the left side of the fairway. Now the hole was a dogleg left, with a downhill tee shot, with OB on the left. When we thought the kid was out of range (around the corner) this kid in our group hit it and duck hooked it around the corner. About 5 seconds later we hear OWWWWW followed by some very colorful language. The kid from the group ahead of us poped out from oround the corner and started yelling at the kid. The ball had curved around and hit the kid right on the ass cheeck. He was saying "you lucky b*****d that ball was headed out of bounds if it wasnt for my fat ass. You almost had a f****** hole in one" hahaha

lmfao...a hole in one---OUCH!!!

My (current) Sticks:

Callaway X Hot 3 Wood
MacTech NVG2 Mids 4-GW
Cleveland DSG RTG+ 56*/60*Ping G5i Craz-E PutterK. I. S. S.

The weirdest of things happen on the golf course, I tell you...

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Thanksgiving Day 1996, Stonehenge GC in Warsaw Indiana. 8th tee, lined with moderately expensive houses. dad and i played since we are the only family we have around. Cut my drive BAD into the bay window of one of the houses. I was upset, but started laughing a few seconds later. Dad, of course, laughed the whole time.

Just had to say hi. My brother in law was a member there when he worked for Sprint in Warsaw. We would drive over from Columbus frequently and play on that windy devil of a course. Good times. Small world.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

My funniest shot was probably earlier this year. I was teeing off with my 3 iron for lack of driver confidence. I guess i swung just a little to hard and i heeled the ball, it goes through my legs right over my buddies head who is using the ball washer and into the stream behind us. He wasn't paying attention and and was like "WTF was that?" Me and my other friend were cracking up. For about the next 3 or 4 rounds they always made sure to stand way behind me.

One of my friends were teeing off on number 9 a 500 yard par 5. We were playing the blue's and he hits a sweet shot but it came off a little low. It hits the ball washer about 20 yards up and left and came right back at him. He catches the ball, checks it for scuff marks and retees the ball, and hits again. The rest of us were cracking up.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

Mine was this past Sunday... My wife and I were teamed up with another twosome. The younger of the two guys was a pretty good hitter. We get to the 17th par 3 which is about 175 yards and you have to carry all water. The guy breaks out a 7 iron and crushes the ball high and straight. All of a sudden it just starts to drop, hits a rock on the edge of the water, bounces sky high and left, then hits another rock and bounces straight at the green. He wound up being about 15 feet from the pin. He turns around and shruggs, say "I could not have planned that better...". I laughed all the to the 18th green...
WHATS IN MY BAD:
SasQuatch Sumo2 13* with Aldila vs proto byyou graphite powered by zyvex (65-r)
Dunlop Alta 3 fairway wood
Copperidge 5 fairway wood
Copperidge 21* and 24* Hybrid (Given to me from father-in-laws set but I like them and hit the well)Ignite 3 Hybrid (part of the set)Ignite Irons 4...

A friend once hit a 3-wood "pop-up" off the tee in Texas and the wind was blowing so hard into us the ball went back over our heads and landed 20 feet behind us.

SubPar

My worst was about 12 years ago. I had just started playing with my father-in-law and his Sunday regulars. I was pretty close to a 36 at the time. We come to the 12th, a 275 yard par 4. I am thinking that I will impress them all when I drive the green. I swing out of my shoes and just barely catch the ball with the toe. It flies 90 degrees right and slams into the metal bench where my wifes grandfather was sitting 30 seconds prior. It echoes through the entire course. Needless to say, they were not as impressed as I had expected.

LOL.

My father did a similar thing this year in FL. It was his first time out after about a 10 year hiatus from the game. It took all I had not to laugh. That ball seemed to hover for a minute at eye level about 6 inches in front of his face. Man was he pissed. I might have posted this already but can't remember.

One of my buddies hit a brick fence pillar, and the ball shot behind us, bounced down the street and stopped about 100 yards away...That was pretty funny.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

This is my favorite!! It was great that the family was so cool about it.

I've got three to share, one of them made by me:

Mine was years ago: went into a cluster of trees, kind of down in a ditch area. Tried to play a punch out shot. Made a pretty nice swing, but it caught one of the trees...and that started a chain reaction. After hitting that tree, it hits another tree, which makes it hit a 3rd tree. End result? Came right back in between my legs (no fear; wasn't traveling at a high rate of speed) and ended up about 2" from where it started. My playing partner was watching the entire episode and his only comment was "if I wasn't here to see it, I'd have never believed it".

Once I was playing on a fairly wet day with some guys I didn't know. One guy I remember was terrible. And his swing was HARD. Just took a mighty whack each time. Goes to hit a shot, nobody sees the ball. Finally found it...straight down. And I mean the ball was buried. I got a kick out of that.

But another funny one was we were playing a course from the blue tee boxes. White tee boxes were about 20 yds up. They were the big plastic type one's that look like huge golf balls. Playing parter tees off and tops one...and literally exploded the white tee box marker. Wasn't plastic because it broke in about 10 pieces, but it looked like someone blew it up. Couldn't stop laughing about that the entire round..and still chuckle when I think about it.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+ Β Grips: Β PURE Pro

I'm playing my home course with a hapless chap whose every tee shot either goes 250 yards straight or weakly slices off, mostly the latter. We make it to the 18th tee box. He slices toward the tree lined right side. We find his ball. There's a window between two very large trees: if he gets it between them, he's way up the fairway with a chance of salvaging his pride. Of course, the trees have miserable branches and they are not far apart. The smart move is to simply punch the ball back into the fairway and have a nice view straight away. And, of course, my friend takes the least promising approach: he aims for the narrow space between the trees. With a fairway metal and gritted teeth, he takes a mighty whack. He hits the ball perfectly; better, in fact than any shot I had seen him hit. The ball rockets off the clubface for 30 yards straight and true -- straight into a huge, twisted and solid branch. With the sound of a piece of light artillary, the ball cracks off the tree, sails right back toward my friend, who stands there like a sack of potatoes starring blankly, as the ball bounces on the ground, and comes to rest exactly where it started just a few seconds before. He looks up at me with a dumbfounded expression. I hate to admit it, but I laughed so hard my knees got weak. To this day, it was the funniest thing I ever saw on the golf course.

Now the funniest thing I ever experienced in sports took place when I was 12, playing tennis with my best friend at our local club: the courts were full and two middle aged ladies asked if we minded playing doubles with them. The rules being what they were at our club, the only alternative to agreeing to their request was giving up the court to them. So, we agreed. Charlie partnered with one lady, I with the other. I played the baseline for most of the match but, toward the end, I charged forward, hitting the ball with a very strong forehand. The ball flew off the face of the racket, but instead of flying to the left boundry line, it went a bit too high and straight. With a thud it landed right in the middle of the chest of Charlie's very well endowed partner, who was wearing a top cut tantalizingly low! It startled her so that her legs turned in! She looked down in horror as the bright yellow ball seemed to stick between her very tanned, pillowy, sumptuous bounty and, then, plopped unceremoniously onto the ground where it bounced twice and stopped. The look on Charlie's face of amazement, if not outright admiration, for the trajectory and result of the shot quickly turned to absolute mirth as he completely lost control of himself, laughing uncontrollably and falling to the ground, helplessly. I was mortified but soon started giggling, myself. Fortunately, both ladies had a fine sense of humor and laughed pretty hard, themselves, at the silly situation. I've never forgotten that moment.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

It always takes a second drive to really appreciate the first one. See, most of my buddies are total hacks. If you spotted them three strokes a hole odds are you would still win 9 and 8.

Although it wouldn't qualify as the "funniest shot ever", it certainly cracks me up when it happens. One of my buddies will make a horrible shot off the tee, I'll give them a mulligan, and their second shot is worse.

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

My best friend and i were playing a while back and we came to the tee on the 16th hole. Just as he is about to hit a dog starts across the fairway. My buddy's tee shot got about 2 feet of the ground. It was a laser beam. The dog and the ball momentarily occuppied the same space at the same time. The dog yelped and jumped about 4 feet of the ground. Best shot my friend hit all day and a dog knocks it down about 75 yards fromt the tee box.

In the bag:

Driver:Β Β Β Β Β  titleist.gifΒ 905S 9.5*
3 Wood:Β Β  callaway.gifΒ FTi
Hybrid:Β Β Β Β  nike.gifΒ 2Irons:Β Β Β Β Β Β  titleist.gifΒ 710Β CBΒ 3-PWWedges:Β  titleist.gifΒ Vokey 52* - 56*Putter:Β Β Β Β Β  ping.gifΒ Gi5

...very tanned, pillowy, sumptuous bounty...

Did you just make this up? This is the most awesome description of a ladies "cash and prizes" that I have ever read! I think I choked on my cola just now!

Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

#11 at Willows. I was playing with a hack buddy of mine who can't break 150 because of penalty strokes and just plain out being bad at the game. So we tee it up on this short-ish par 3, about 150 yards, therethereabouts. My ball lands in the sand in front, so I was like, well meh, whatever. Buddy is a different story, though. He push-slices his 6 iron into the trunk of a tree, and it ricochets off it, takes three bounces on the cart path and onto the green. When we drive up he find it about two feet from the cup. He then said "Well, goddamn! If only I'd hit it a bit harder!"

Note:Β This thread is 5664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!