IGNORED

What's The Funniest Shot You've Ever Seen On The Golf Course

play4him
Note: This thread is 5670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

155 yd par 3 with the huge pond in front of the green. I hit an 8 iron but caught it a little fat and the ball was heading right for the water. But it must've been a shallow pond as the ball hits something (probably a rock) at the bottom of the pond and bounces on to the green about 50 ft away from the hole. Ball was still wet when I went to mark it.
Best part is I drained the 50 footer for birdie.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two favorites:
1. 1st tee long par 4. Municipal couse which has a treeline to the left of the hole, with a high fence (with barbed wire) behind it. My friend swings, misses the ball completely, looses grip of the club which flies over the barbed wire fence. He has to run around the fence (at least a half a mile) to retrieve his club, and come back. His ball is still on the tee unmoved. At least 4 groups behind him watching and laughing.

2. In Cancun, our hotel had a tiny 9 hole pitch and put. Me and a firned play. In the middle of the round, several maintenance workers are working to the right of the hole. They are 15 yards in front of, and 40 yards to the right of his ball. He yells "I suck, you better watch out". These workers all taker cover behind a tree. He hits one of the worst slices I have ever seen and drills a line drive directly into the tree they were hiding behind.

Did you just make this up? This is the most awesome description of a ladies "cash and prizes" that I have ever read! I think I choked on my cola just now!

As for the trip down mammery lane, it really is a true story; happened just as I recounted. As for the description, I was trying for something a bit more poetic than "massive rack" or "hoary hooters." I just hope the stories brought a smile to some folks who read them, as intended. By the way, Rynofskie, thanks for the compliment.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

• 1 year later...
about two years ago on the golf JV team i played on we were at some public course. anyway, we were on the par five, and the group in front of us was a bunch of 20ish year olds with tons of beer. when they finished the hole they walked back to the fringe, (while we were waiting) and tee'd a ball up on the fairway. in front of the par five there is a highway, with a fence on it (about 6ft tall.) never the less, all four of them tee'd up and smacked a driver out across the highway. we were too far away to see if it hit anything. but we were laughing all over the place.

a year or so ago i was playing in a tournament and on the 1st hole the 1st person to putt knocked his lag to about 3-4" from the cup... he then, thinking it was just another round, he walks up knocks his ball off the green in disgust and bends over to pick it up. the other 3 of us were speechless, i told him he better hole out and that it was a tournament round... he said he felt like a moron, but i'm sure glad he did it because it cut the tension for the round.
In The Bag
Tour Burner TP 9.5* Diamana Whiteboard 83 X-Stiff, tipped 2"
906 F2 13* Pro Force V2 95G Stiff
Idea Pro Gold 18* Aldila NV 105X
735.CM 3-PW Project X 6.5 Ordered Mizuno MP68 KBS Tour X Vokey Spin Milled 58* Vokey Spin Milled 64* Bettinardi BC-1 33" x77 stand bag Pro V1

My son and I were playing with a friend of his (horrible golfer). We were teeing off on the first hole. We both striped ours down the middle. He teed his ball up (way too high), as he addressed the ball, I leaned over to my son and said, "Calling my shot." My son said what? I said I am calling my shot, he misses the ball completely, hits the tee only and the ball just drops down. And of course, his buddie proceeded to make my prediction come true, tee flew down the tee box, ball just dropped straight down! Quite funny.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

I was at a team practice, and we were on a par 3. My teammate hit an excellent tee shot, and it was headed for the green. Amazingly enough, it bounced off the top of the flag, and went OB. It was probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

On an related note, my dad's co-worker hit his tee shot off a par 3, and it bounced off a rock into the hole. He got like a $1000 gift certificate for the pro shop.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was teeing off on the twelveth-hole, with my dad. I just retired my driver for the day, it wasnt going well at all. I approach the tee with my 3 wood, relax and swing. Mid-swing I hear a cracking sound, somewhat like glass. The 3 wood makes contact with the ball and BANG, the tip of the shaft explodes, the ball went somewhere OB and my club head must have made it 150yards down field. I felt awful for breaking my club, but both me and my dad were nearly paralyzed from laughter.

This past winter in Florida we were playing an executive course that hard plastic cart path signs. I teed it up on a long par 3 and took a big swing. I topped it and it hit one of those plastic yellow signs square. It sounded like a light bulb popping. It happened so quick because the sign was so close that I heard the pop before I could even look up. There were pieces of the sign scattered around in front of the tee box.
My brothers and I were laughing uncontrollably. I haven't been playing very long, so that is my personal funny shot.
Although one time I had hit a tree and it came off in a 45* angle to my left as my dad was driving up the fairway and it hit the side of his cart. That was funny too, but not as funny as the sign.

In my Extreme Sport II Stand Bag
Driver: Sasquatch Sumo2 10.5*
Hybrid: Slingshot Tour 3 21*
Irons: CCI Cast 4-AW
Wedges: Tour Action 588 60*Putter: White Hot XG #1Balls: ProV1 and ProV1x

Not really a funny shot, but a funny situatin if you don't take the game too seriously.

A few months ago I'm playing with a good friend who I only see a few times a year. He plays by a very liberal set of rules. He essentially plays "winter rules" year round, OB rocks are free drops, etc.. We're playing for a fun but competitive score, so I'm happy to cheat with him if that's how he wants to play. We also play a mulligan per 9 that I'm happy to take.

Somewhere near the 15th hole I'm about two shots ahead and he ends up BURRIED in the green side bunker. He doesn't think I notice, but I watch as he digs out the sand from ALL AROUND the ball with his SW. I'm about 40 yards away and just turn away so he can't see me lauging my ace off. He's had a frustrating last few holes, so I hide my laughter and let him do it. Of course he chips it within 2' of the hole and pars it.

The par actually frustrates me a little, I choke on the final three holes and he ends up "winning".

Then he's got the balls to tell me "And I won without taking two mulligans like you did".

He was so serious about it that I laughed for 20 minutes on the way home.

There's just nothing quite like playing with friends and "friendly rules".

Drivers:
FT-i Draw 9* W/Grafalloy Red
Sumo2 5900 9.5* W/Grafalloy Red

Irons: A3OS 3-PW Graphite/Steel regularWedges: A3OS GW, SW, LWPutter: Rossa Monza SpiderLittle round white thing:

Not really a funny shot, but a funny situatin if you don't take the game too seriously.

That's a pretty good story I would have been like "congrats, I'm so proud of you, I wish I was as good as you." And then I would offer a little game that is straight up rules for some money, and if either of you think a rule was broken then you can check the rule book and proceed that way with out any protest on either party.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I hit my drive into the right side trees on a long par four. When I tried to chip out, my ball came within about a yard of a small fox walking along the treeline. She looked at my ball, looked at me, then squatted and pee'd on the ball. Then she trotted about 15 yards away and sat down and watched my next shot. My playing partners were rolling, and kept saying, "that's gotta be good luck in some culture!" I bogeyed the hole.

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

I was in a match, and this kid I was playing with hits his shot bounces off the cart path, and it ended up going inside a golf cart's wheel frame. The coaches came, and it took a putter to get the ball out.
In the Bag:

Driver 10.5 r7 460 ti Reax regular shaft
3 Wood 15.5 LD F Speed Aldila NV stiff shaft
Hybrids 19 Tour Burner Rescue Reax stiff shaft. 21 degree torch series saber shaftIrons Sliver Scot 4-pw Rifle 5.0 shaftsSand Wedge 56 Degree Cg10 Black pearl finish 2 dotLob Wedge 60...

I'm with a corporate group playing Oakhurst Country Club in Clayton, CA. I'm the last in the foursome to hit. It's a dogleg right with houses all along the left side of the fairway. I line up my shot to cut the dogleg and pull a missle that heads straight for one of the 750K homes with the neat red Spanish tile on the roof of the house. Well... the ball hits a section of tile, dislodging it, and it begins to slide down the roof. The owner was cleaning the pool and, the next thing the tile exploded on the patio near him.

The ball rockets off the tile and comes to rest across the wrought iron fence that marked OB. My mates started laughing; and, started ribbing me as we walked off the tee. The owner is haning on to the fence waiting for me to go to my ball. This wasn't going to be good.

The owner was really pi**ed off. As I approached he started swearing at me with the last comment being, "Where in the h*ll did you learn to hit a golf ball?" I calmly took my 3 wood out and turned and replied, "The same place you learned how to select real estate!" My partner in the golf cart was dying.

I squared myself and proceeded to hit a recovery shot that rested on the apron. I took one last look at him, put the head cover on the club and shoved it into the bag. I could feel his glare as we drove off... I never looked back! I parred that sucker.

iQuestGolfer
It's not about what's in your bag; it's about what you do with the clubs in your hand. Play iQuest Golf.
SQ 460 9.5*, ProForce V2, FlexS
3W Offset SZ, MR-SL60, FlexR
SlingShot 20*, hDiamana Mitsu Rayon, FlexSMaltby Recoil Irons, 4-PW, SW FlexR RAC Wedge Black TP, 60*, 12*bounce XG...

well, I was on the fairway, 140 out, about to take a 9 iron shot and I was going through my routine. Checked it out from behind the ball, swing a couple times to feel the club, step next to the ball, swing to visualise and then go for it. Well, when I was rehearsing the swing next to the ball, I ended up just skimming it, and it rolled over 2 inches to the right. There goes my GIR. my buddies were on the floor cracking up for 5 min. shortest distance on a full swing I've ever had

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not a shot, but this was the funniest thing I've ever seen on a golf course.

My sister unfortunately is dependent on wine. She's trying to kick the addiction but it's a major struggle for herself and other family members.

In summer 2007 I visited my parents in Miami. My sister lives across the street. At that point she was trying to spend most of her time at my parents' house to avoid wine, a pseudo detox.

We played golf and my sister came along. My dad and I shared one cart and my mom used another, with my sister seated alongside. As the round went on, my sister sprawled on the seat of the cart. She was literally completely stretched out, on her back with head to the right and leaving my mom virtually no room to sit, cramped to the left.

It stayed that way for hole after hole. Finally we were on the 12th green and I saw what was going on. My sister had snuck a little container of wine, like a water bottle, onto the course. She sat up to drink some of it, then sprawled again, with her hands behind her, right hand holding the bottle.

On the next tee we were waiting for the group ahead to tee off. Suddenly a noise interrupted the silence. My sister's bottle had fallen out of her hand and was rolling slowly down the cart path toward the group on the tee. It was rolling perfectly on axis, smack toward them, for a full 10 yards. Finally it settled on the grass a few feet from the white tee marker.

The guy who was about to tee off stopped just before hitting his shot. He walked over and calmly picked up the bottle while his playing partners turned and stared. He picked it up and trudged toward us and stuck the bottle in my sister's outstretched hand, without saying a word but tipping his cap. I awkwardly mumbled thank you. She didn't even have her eyes open and I was amazed she clutched the bottle.

Then he smacked an impressive drive, while I was doing everything I could to suppress laughter.

This story happened 2 weeks ago. I was playing my second shot in deep rough on the right side of the hole. I grab my 4i which was dumb to reach the green. massive tree 50 feet infront of me. I swing and it hits the trunk of the tree, bounces and lands the EXACT ssame spot i hit it. I get ready again to hit my ball. Flushed the 4i, but hit the EXACT same spot on the tree trunk and this time i caught my ball!!!

My friend and I still laugh about it all the time. Classic move.

In my White Hoofer Vantage Bag:

Driver : R7 Draw
Woods : 3 hybrid
Irons : MP-60Wedge : 54 deg 58 degPutter : RED X 35' (in love)Ball : TP BlackBest Round: 80Closest to Hole-In-One: 0.5''

I'm with a corporate group playing Oakhurst Country Club in Clayton, CA. I'm the last in the foursome to hit. It's a dogleg right with houses all along the left side of the fairway. I line up my shot to cut the dogleg and pull a missle that heads straight for one of the 750K homes with the neat red Spanish tile on the roof of the house. Well... the ball hits a section of tile, dislodging it, and it begins to slide down the roof. The owner was cleaning the pool and, the next thing the tile exploded on the patio near him.

Awesome!!

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

Note: This thread is 5670 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!