IGNORED

What's The Funniest Shot You've Ever Seen On The Golf Course

play4him
Note: This thread is 5671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Had a couple funny things happen yesterday. They don't compete with some of the stories here, but I feel like recording them anyway.

I was playing as a single grouped with some other singles... second guy tees up on the second hole, a short par 4 over the corner of a lake. He hits his driver hard and low, right into the water. Before sinking, it skips like a stone about 20 feet. Then it skips again. And again. And again. About 5 skips later, it careens off the concrete bank of the lake and lifts into the air, finally rolling to a stop right up the middle of the fairway. That's one way to do it, I guess.

On the next hole, I sliced my driver, but fortunately it found a tree so it wouldn't fly 2 fairways over. I waited to see it come down... and waited... and waited... Turned out the tree was sort of like a 40 foot tall evergreen hedge and my ball is somewhere up in the top third of it, never to be found again.

Overall a bizarre round.. those were the funny shots, but I also went on to break a 5 iron a few holes later... ugh.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was fortunate enough to get invited to play at a family friend's country club. Real nice course with a provided cart, caddie, the works. So I'm doing okay and hit a drive right around the corner of a dogleg left par 4. Now the way this course is designed is that the hole borders the parking lot. Now in my mind this is a mistake. But whatever, so I walk to my ball in the middle of the fairway and have the best look at the pin. In my mind I say to myself "Wow it's a good thing I avoided that parking lot." Well wouldn't you know it, I take out my 7 iron and hit the worst shot ever that skips into the parking lot and into a car's hubcap. So I turn to my friend and say "Dude, I think I hit that car!" His response, "That's my car!" Luckily we were able to laugh about it after but I haven't been invited back.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

I was playing with my Dad one day, and on the tee he completely shanked it into a tree, it went backwards onto the green that was parallel to the tee box, and trickeled into the hole.

What's in My Extreme Lite Bag:
Driver: 909D2 9.5* w/ stiff Made for Titleist Voodoo
3-Wood: 904f 15*
2- Hybrid: 18* Heavenwood
3-PW: X-18 w/ steel Uniflex shaftsSW: Forged 56* LW: chrome 60*Putter: 34" White Hot Two-BallBall: NXT Tour

My cousin and I were golfing at Grand View (closed now) during a weekday morning. A very good single joins us and promptly knocks a 9 wood right on from 180yds. My cousin, who had a good round going, asks the guy if he can hit the 9 wood since he's never seen one before. The guy agrees. My cousin executes a pull hook right into the woods, OB. He gets so mad at himself that he throws the guy's club. I tried to catch it before it landed. I was unsuccessful.

Without saying a word, he grabbed the club from me and declared he was going to play through.

My cousin was mortified at his actions and all I could say to him was, "What the f*#$ did you just do?"

We laugh at that everytime I tell someone that story.

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

The 18th tee on my home course requires a straight shot through a pretty tight chute through trees on the left side and right side. The 15th green is located about 70 yards away and to the right of the 18th teeing ground with a stream and trees separating the 18th tee from the 15th green. I have a friend who often has a problem hitting a straight tee shot on #18. A couple of years ago he pulled his shot way left, it hits a big tree dead center and ricochets 180 degrees right, through the trees and across the stream toward the 15th green. I had noticed that the club predident and club champion were on that green with the president standing near the flag lining up a short putt. I screamed FORE!! They had no idea where a ball could possibly be coming from. They duck and my firend's ball lands about a yard from the pin and rolls into the 15th hole. I collapsed in laughter. It was the funniset shot I have ever seen.

Note: This thread is 5671 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!