IGNORED

The Sand Trap Forum is One Decade Old Today

iacas
Note: This thread is 3394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes congrats Erik, 10 years is a big deal. Thanks to our staff and our great members for making this a special place to hang out and talk golf.

I first became aware of this site when my dad was working for Bobby Jones and TST reviewed their Ortiz/Pelz wedges. Then started visiting more as I was learning more about golf mechanics and got to know Erik and Dave.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Happy birthday TST! I think I started listening to the podcast first and then went on the site. I think What drew me to the site was the instruction forum. 10 years later, I'm still learning and feel like I'm a lot more informed than the typical golfer, swing-wise.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

First, Congrats on making it 10 years. Here is to another 10 years :beer:

I believe I found this forum when Golf Evolution was briefly more into the Stack and Tilt. I remember the S&T; getting some headway in golf digest and with a little searching I found this forum. From there I just stuck around.

Luckily I did, because it allowed me to make some good friends. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Congratulations, and thanks for what you do! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Congratulations! :beer:

I joined in 2012, but I was a lurker here for a long time. I first found this site from googling golf club reviews, but I quickly got into the instructional threads and read (and re-read) them for a while. At some point, I just decided to join. I'm glad I did, because I was able to meet some great people.

I eventually cancelled my magazine subscriptions and used the money to support TST. A few months after that, Erik and Mike were looking for some members to post some daily links, and that's how @nevets88 , @boogielicious , and I became part of the staff.

This is a great site. It's funny, because I'm a member of a couple of different forums on different topics, but this is the only forum I post in. I have 0 posts in everywhere else (I think I joined those sites because some content was restricted to only registered members or something). I usually use internet forums just to learn things, not to interact with other people.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Yea, I gotta say. The mods have really done an awesome job with the site. @jamo @boogielicious @billchao @nevets88 @mchepp @tristanhilton85

Awesome job, you guys. Really good crew here.

Meh..Tristan is OK...don't know about those other tools.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Yea, I gotta say. The mods have really done an awesome job with the site. @jamo @boogielicious @billchao @nevets88 @mchepp @tristanhilton85

Meh..Tristan is OK...don't know about those other tools.

You never let me suck up in peace, do you? :-P

Constantine

Thanks. 90% of my job is deleting OT comments by @Ernest Jones ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Thanks. 90% of my job is deleting OT comments by @Ernest Jones

Somehow I knew it was YOU! :-X

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Thanks. 90% of my job is deleting OT comments by @Ernest Jones ;-)

Don't forget these: :whistle:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

as a (relative) newbie to the game, this site has helped my golf development exponentially.   Thanks ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Don't forget these:

LMAO.

Well, I'd delete my own messes if I could. Flag and hide for moderation is my method of choice.

:banana:

Yours in earnest, Jason.

LMAO.

Well, I'd delete my own messes if I could. Flag and hide for moderation is my method of choice.

I don't post as much as you but I probably have the highest percentage of my posts moderated... :-D I really wasn't sure which smilie face I should use for that comment.... I guess I don't have the patience @iacas I am just a real a hole.... :-O

I am very thankful for the site, since I don't have anyone around to talk golf ad nauseum to and I like that the information introduced to the site is scrutinized with factual arguments.

Keep up the good work guys and thanks for saving the site from jerkasses like me :beer: . Maybe @boogielicious and I can get a round in with more of you guys next season!

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!