IGNORED

CMP Challenge #001 - Pitch Four Balls at Once

iacas
Note: This thread is 1150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

About a 25-30 yard swing. First swing felt clunky with the fourth ball, second swing felt better. With the third swing the fourth ball went way left  No change in pitching technique, just made sure to keep turning through the shot.

Well that's MUCH more professional looking. :-$

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here's the dispersion of my balls, I'll add the video in a second once it's finished uploading (I only did two attempts).

The first seven of the balls

The last ball

Edit: I apologize in advance for the poor focus. My phone apparently decided the leaves were more important than me (I had to use my shag bag as a makeshift stand to lean it against).

• Upvote 2

Not sure why I decided to set the camera up so close...

• Upvote 5

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Damn, I'm impressed by these. I'm gonna give it a try, but think I'll be adding to the "mirth" component of the thread! :~(

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I have of suggestion for those of you/us that haven't filmed yet: use something a little closer to a DTL view so we can see how the balls travel.

I was going to say, that's what I plan. The mirth will show up more that way. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I have of suggestion for those of you/us that haven't filmed yet: use something a little closer to a DTL view so we can see how the balls travel.

I was going to say, that's what I plan. The mirth will show up more that way.

If I had to guess, I would say I was averaging about 30* :bugout: of dispersion. As you would expect the 3rd and 4th balls were yanked pretty far left. :-$

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

First attempts by @Golfingdad and @Shindig , We didn't have much time so they'll do their next two at another time.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

First attempts by @Golfingdad and @Shindig , We didn't have much time so they'll do their next two at another time.

So Barney went with the my patented SexxyKnees™ move and got all four and Shindig eschewed the sexiness and only got three. Just sayin' ;-)

#thebeesknees.

Not only am I insanely jealous that you can go golfing in December but you also get help from Mike while golfing in December.

Can't wait to get a round in in Dominican after Christmas!

Might have to sneak out to the simulator today.

#beingunemployedrocks

Yours in earnest, Jason.

So Barney went with the my patented SexxyKnees™ move and got all four and Shindig eschewed the sexiness and only got three. Just sayin'

#thebeesknees.

Sadly, I don't think I deserve any credit for "getting" all four, because they were not hit well.  At least one of them was bladed along the ground.  We did this on the tenth tee while waiting for the fairway to clear, and I managed to lose one of the four balls in a bush. :doh:

Not only am I insanely jealous that you can go golfing in December but you also get help from Mike while golfing in December.

Yeah, not gonna lie ... it's nice.  It's not like a playing lesson or anything - that would be kinda rude to Mike to make him work too ;) - but it's fun to watch a "pro" :-P at work closeup.

Yeah, not gonna lie ... it's nice.  It's not like a playing lesson or anything - that would be kinda rude to Mike to make him work too ;) - but it's fun to watch a "pro"  at work closeup.

I didn't realize Mike actually played golf.

:-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator

I didn't realize Mike actually played golf.

He didn't. He has a stunt double for that. Mike's too busy practicing two things:

• His golf swing.
  • His lifting of heavy objects while breathing in ever-amusing ways.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He didn't. He has a stunt double for that. Mike's too busy practicing two things:

His golf swing.

His lifting of heavy objects while breathing in ever-amusing ways.

Is it a golem? Why doesn't he get the golem to lift all the heavy stuff? That's essentially what golems are for.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Yeah, not gonna lie ... it's nice.  It's not like a playing lesson or anything - that would be kinda rude to Mike to make him work too ;) - but it's fun to watch a "pro"  at work closeup.

I seriously don't mind that stuff, especially with guys that actually listen.

His golf swing.

His lifting of heavy objects while breathing in ever-amusing ways.

CGI actually. Never left the house yesterday.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Ok, here is my attempt at this. I forgot to allow a little bit of space between the balls, so the results are "interesting". :-P

BTW, I think this challenge needs to come with a public disclaimer/ health warning if attempted off an indoors mat...............

Chris.:roll:

Ok, here is my attempt at this. I forgot to allow a little bit of space between the balls, so the results are "interesting".:-P BTW, I think this challenge needs to come with a public disclaimer/ health warning if attempted off an indoors mat...............

Lol! No worse than my attempt! I will say, though, that pitching two balls that are "kissing" is the first "trick shot" that I ever learned. As you just found out, the back ball will go nearly vertical and you can then catch it in your shirt pocket.

Lol! No worse than my attempt! I will say, though, that pitching two balls that are "kissing" is the first "trick shot" that I ever learned. As you just found out, the back ball will go nearly vertical and you can then catch it in your shirt pocket.

Chris.:roll:

Note: This thread is 1150 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!