Sign in to follow this  
iHack

Need higher trajectory

Note: This thread is 2128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 posts / 810 viewsLast Reply

I have a 109mph swing. But carry is only 230-240ish. I know I can get a better carry and drive with this swing speed. How do you launch the ball. I know my issue is that I drag the handle way in front of the ball at impact. How can I get the club to release properly and not deloft so much?

I have a 109mph swing. But carry is only 230-240ish. I know I can get a better carry and drive with this swing speed. How do you launch the ball. I know my issue is that I drag the handle way in front of the ball at impact. How can I get the club to release properly and not deloft so much?

With 109 swing speed, you should be maxing out at about 275-280 carry.

check this thread out, http://thesandtrap.com/t/77244/how-to-hit-a-driver-hit-it-further-and-stop-slicing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I suffer from less than optimal carry, due to off center contact. It's amazing the difference in ball speed when I hit it on center.

I suffer from less than optimal carry, due to off center contact. It's amazing the difference in ball speed when I hit it on center.

Better than the line drives I hit. :no:

Better than the line drives I hit. :no:

Better than becoming the flipper that I am...

So[quote name="iHack" url="/t/78656/need-higher-trajectory#post_1085587"]I have a 109mph swing. But carry is only 230-240ish. I know I can get a better carry and drive with this swing speed. How do you launch the ball. I know my issue is that I drag the handle way in front of the ball at impact. How can I get the club to release properly and not deloft so much?[/quote] sounds like your not hitting up on the ball? That is presuming we're talking about driving? If your hitting down on the ball with a driver your most likely creating too much spin which is costing you distance, try adjusting your set up so your hitting up on the ball! There's a good thread on here regarding hitting up with the driver!

There are lots of ways to compensate for having your hands too far forward, but the best thing to do is correct that in your swing. Some compensations are a more lofted driver, a shaft with a lower kick point, a higher trajectory ball. I'd work on the swing though.

A while back, I had a Callaway Razor Fit driver, loft was IIRC 10 degrees, yet, I could never get the flight I wanted, and needed, i.e. ball would fly much lower than I wanted, so distance wasn't all that great. So, as my swing improved some, I bought a used Ping G10 with 10 degrees of loft, and the Ping shaft in regular flex, which has a lower kick point, and is lighter than my old Razor Fit.

Now, when I make good contact, I get a nice ball flight, that doesn't go to high, but high enough that I have hit 270 yd drives a couple of times, that would have been imho, impossible with the old driver, so I believe as said above, shaft plays a part too.

If your looking for a used driver, check out Global Golf, they have a link on this site, and are a sponsor, I and my Son have bought more than a few clubs from them..good folks.  Good luck with your driver.

Good chance you're hitting down with the driver, negative angle of attack.

Note: This thread is 2128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!