IGNORED

Infographic - Up and down percentages by handicap

Note: This thread is 2368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What happened to the 73-77 and 84-90 ranges?

38% [quote name="AbsoluteTruths" url="/t/78678/infographic-up-and-down-percentages-by-handicap/0_10#post_1085886"]     What about the 100 and up range? :-D [/quote] 13%

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[quote name="Lihu" url="/t/78678/infographic-up-and-down-percentages-by-handicap/0_10#post_1085867"] What happened to the 73-77 and 84-90 ranges?

38% [quote name="AbsoluteTruths" url="/t/78678/infographic-up-and-down-percentages-by-handicap/0_10#post_1085886"]     What about the 100 and up range? :-D [/quote] 13%[/quote] My question was a joke, but how do you know it's linear?

My question was a joke, but how do you know it's linear?

I knew that, and my answer was just in jest.

it would be an anomaly if the 74 - 76 range was better than the 71 - 73 range and worst than the 77 - 79 range don't you think?

Also, it would be hard to convince anyone that the 100+ have a better up and down % than the 90 - 99 range.

I don't think I need to go into statistics to convince you of the above two?

:)

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/78678/infographic-up-and-down-percentages-by-handicap/0_20#post_1085921"] My question was a joke, but how do you know it's linear?[/QUOTE] I knew that, and my answer was just in jest.  [SIZE=13px]it would be an anomaly if the 74 - 76 range was better than the 71 - 73 range and worst than the 77 - 79 range don't you think?[/SIZE] [SIZE=13px]Also, it would be hard to convince anyone that the 100+ have a better up and down % than the 90 - 99 range.[/SIZE] [SIZE=13px]I don't think I need to go into statistics to convince you of the above two?[/SIZE] :)

Nah, but I did find it odd that they had gaps in the ranges. ;-)

God that makes me feel bad.... I'm in the 84-89 range and my scramble percentage is in the low teens! UGH!!!!!!! I knew I sucked at that but damn!

Pretty much spot on for me. All about where you miss greens. Better players are nGIR often and they hit more greens. If you only have to scramble 9 times a round your stats are going to be better than the guy that hits zero GIR. My last 20 U&D; stat is 33.3%, YTD is 35.4%.

God that makes me feel bad.... I'm in the 84-89 range and my scramble percentage is in the low teens! UGH!!!!!!! I knew I sucked at that but damn!

Unfortunately, I'm pretty good at scrambling. Be happy that you're not. ;-)

I made a lot of near greens but not so many GIR in the last two weeks. It' pretty ugly.

It's to the point where I get so antsy trying to get an up and down that I usually will miss even within 6 feet. I'm less nervous wiht a birdy putt! It's like super in my head now!!!!!

It's to the point where I get so antsy trying to get an up and down that I usually will miss even within 6 feet. I'm less nervous wiht a birdy putt! It's like super in my head now!!!!!

Yeah but if you are shooting mid 80's golf and not getting up and down it means you are making more conventional pars than other golfers in your handicap range. I haven't looked at the stats lately but if I remember right the mid 80's golfer usually hits about 3-5 GIR. I make par or better 56% during a round and have to scramble for a third of those.

• Administrator

Weird stat… "Inside 100 yards"? How many players were tested? How many shots?

Inside 100 yards could have huge fluctuations if one group hit from an average of 74 yards while another group from 62 yards, on average.

Here's to hoping the numbers are "hundreds of golfers, thousands of shots" for each segment.

Inside 100 yards could have huge fluctuations if one group hit from an average of 74 yards while another group from 62 yards, on average.

Here's to hoping the numbers are "hundreds of golfers, thousands of shots" for each segment.

True, scrambling from 100 yards would be really good!

For some reason I gleaned over the 100, and assumed it must mean 10-30 yards.

I missed the hundred yards part. The numbers would be flawed based on that. I don't known any sub 10 or so golfer missing greens so bad they are getting down at better than 30% near 100 yards. My stats for that are probably less than 5%.

What is the percentage of up and down from just off the green....from rough vs. from fairway?

Agree.  I dislike when summaries are published without reference to the actual data.

Note: This thread is 2368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!