Jump to content
IGNORED

My Progress w/Overspeed Training Using SuperSpeedGolf


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Has anyone else experienced soreness in their wrists? My left wrist gets a little sore the next day after a session. It goes away, but I don’t want to risk injury. 

Yes, mostly my trail wrist going through "impact". It doesn't hurt the next day, though. The other issue I noticed last week was an oblique strain on my trail side that hurt for a day or two.

I've tried to be careful not to push anything too much with this. Last season, I had to take a break at the start due to golfer's elbow and so I'm hyper sensitive to any issues. If I have to take 3-5 days in between sessions to feel ready, then I'd rather do that then push through to do it every otber day with any issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 4 weeks later...
On January 28, 2019 at 8:27 PM, klineka said:

Tonight was my first time doing the protocol in 10 days due to weather, and was really surprised, hit a new  all time PR with the green club and it was in the last set of stationary swings at the end, not the step through swings. 

I figured for sure it'd take a few sessions to work my way back up but doesnt seem like I lost any speed, which might mean the current speed gains I have made have become my new baseline which is really encouraging to see.

20190128_172048.jpg

I'm seriously considering ordering the super speed system in the next couple days. Aside from generating tremendous club head speed swinging a lighter shaft in thin air have you seen reasonable speed increases while hitting driver? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, ToolManSam said:

I'm seriously considering ordering the super speed system in the next couple days. Aside from generating tremendous club head speed swinging a lighter shaft in thin air have you seen reasonable speed increases while hitting driver? 

I recommend it. Please use the ad at the bottom of the page and specify “iacas” as the coupon code. I’ll give you a Supporter membership for a few months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On March 13, 2019 at 3:29 PM, boogielicious said:

Has anyone else experienced soreness in their wrists? My left wrist gets a little sore the next day after a session. It goes away, but I don’t want to risk injury. 

I'm no expert and new here

from what I've read is that tour pros have incredible grip strength compared to your avg guy resulting in 60psi at max strength for the tour pro. When swinging they grip at 50% which yields 30psi. Interestingly enough (and only what I've read, NO expert) is that the avg guy maxes out around 30psi grip pressure meaning we are very succeptable to wrist injury if we do not get our grip pressure up. I think?

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I recommend it. Please use the ad at the bottom of the page and specify “iacas” as the coupon code. I’ll give you a Supporter membership for a few months.

Thank you

ill definitely have a look to see if it makes more sense to order here or elsewhere

you didn't really answer my question, lol. Have you seen increase in driver club head / ball speeds? What kind of overall results did you see

Link to comment
Share on other sites


 

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

I recommend it. Please use the ad at the bottom of the page and specify “iacas” as the coupon code. I’ll give you a Supporter membership for a few months.

Thank you

I'll look to see if it makes sense to order here or elsewhere

you didn't answer my question tho, lol. What kind of speed increases did you experience with your driver? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 minutes ago, ToolManSam said:

tour pros have incredible grip strength

I seriously doubt that.  I'd say any decent amateur powerlifter or better high school football player has far more grip strength than most tour players.

Edited by ncates00
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

I seriously doubt that.  I'd say any decent amateur powerlifter or better high school football player has far more grip strength than most tour players.

Just something I've read in relation to possible wrist injury when avg golfers start swinging in tour pro speed ranges that I shared with the guy asking about wrist pain when swinging aggressive. I'm not sure comparing a tour player vs a trained amateur power lifter has any relevance to what we're talking about

like I said, just something I've read and NO expert. 

Feel free to add your input to the guy looking for advice tho

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 minutes ago, ToolManSam said:

Just something I've read in relation to possible wrist injury when avg golfers start swinging in tour pro speed ranges that I shared with the guy asking about wrist pain when swinging aggressive. I'm not sure comparing a tour player vs a trained amateur power lifter has any relevance to what we're talking about

like I said, just something I've read and NO expert. 

Feel free to add your input to the guy looking for advice tho

 

Your logic is off here and you're conflating issues.  First, you talked about "grip strength."  Granted, powerlifting movements are different from the golf swing.  However, you are talking about grip strength.  That is not a golf specific attribute.  You arbitrarily say that tour pros have "incredible grip strength."  I doubt it.  They don't need it.  What they do have, is a tremendous ability to swing a golf club at high speeds with little variability.  Grip strength has very little to do with that.  I'll file that under fiction, not fact.  Additonally, powerlifting has a lot to do with grip strength.  It requires a lot of grip strength to perform those movements.  It does not require nearly as much grip strength in golf to swing a fast swing speed as it does to perform a powerlifting movement. 

Look at the long drive ladies.  They push around 118 clubhead speed.  You think their grip is the deciding factor here?

Wrist pain doesn't necessarily equate to lack of grip strength.  You do realize that golf puts strain on your body right?  I'd say some of these "avg golfers start swinging in tour pro speed ranges" also aren't good at golf.  They hit shots fat, they thin balls, they don't warm up properly, etc.  There are many reasons for wrist pain.  And further, "avg golfers" rarely swing at "tour pro speed ranges," if they did, they'd be a lot better at golf (strike aside).  

Edited by ncates00
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Your logic is off here and you're conflating issues.  First, you talked about "grip strength."  Granted, powerlifting movements are different from the golf swing.  However, you are talking about grip strength.  That is not a golf specific attribute.  You arbitrarily say that tour pros have "incredible grip strength."  I doubt it.  They don't need it.  What they do have, is a tremendous ability to swing a golf club at high speeds with little variability.  Grip strength has very little to do with that.  I'll file that under fiction, not fact.  Additonally, powerlifting has a lot to do with grip strength.  It requires a lot of grip strength to perform those movements.  It does not require nearly as much grip strength in golf to swing a fast swing speed as it does to perform a powerlifting movement. 

Look at the long drive ladies.  They push around 118 clubhead speed.  You think their grip is the deciding factor here?

Wrist pain doesn't necessarily equate to lack of grip strength.  You do realize that golf puts strain on your body right?  I'd say some of these "avg golfers start swinging in tour pro speed ranges" also aren't good at golf.  They hit shots fat, they thin balls, they don't warm up properly, etc.  There are many reasons for wrist pain.  And further, "avg golfers" rarely swing at "tour pro speed ranges," if they did, they'd be a lot better at golf (strike aside).  

Lol

 

Edited by ToolManSam
Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 3/13/2019 at 3:29 PM, boogielicious said:

Has anyone else experienced soreness in their wrists? My left wrist gets a little sore the next day after a session. It goes away, but I don’t want to risk injury. 

2285p_tpi_andrewloupe_grip.jpg

The hands are you only contact point to the club so it seems obvious that they are a key area...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 hours ago, ToolManSam said:

What kind of speed increases did you experience with your driver? 

All of the talk about the grip strength and grip pressure is really off-topic for this thread. 

As far as the speed increases, as multiple people have shared throughout this thread so far (including myself) most people seem to gain around 5-10mph on their driver clubhead speed. I went from right around 100mph on average to around 108-112 measured on both Trackman and GCQuad. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 hours ago, klineka said:

All of the talk about the grip strength and grip pressure is really off-topic for this thread. 

As far as the speed increases, as multiple people have shared throughout this thread so far (including myself) most people seem to gain around 5-10mph on their driver clubhead speed. I went from right around 100mph on average to around 108-112 measured on both Trackman and GCQuad. 

It’s definitely not off topic

long drivers and speed trainers address potential for wrist injuries when working on gaining clubhead speed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Moderator
10 hours ago, ToolManSam said:

It’s definitely not off topic

long drivers and speed trainers address potential for wrist injuries when working on gaining clubhead speed 

What he is stating is the thread topic is about our progress with the Super Speed Golf training itself. Grip strength is an interesting topic but really should have it's own thread similar to the thread below. Feel free to start a thread on that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

What he is stating is the thread topic is about our progress with the Super Speed Golf training itself. Grip strength is an interesting topic but really should have it's own thread similar to the thread below. Feel free to start a thread on that.

 

I’m not interested in starting a new thread about grip pressure . I just answered someone’s question within this thread about hurting their wrists during training, lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 4/7/2019 at 10:35 PM, ToolManSam said:

I'm no expert and new here

from what I've read is that tour pros have incredible grip strength compared to your avg guy resulting in 60psi at max strength for the tour pro. When swinging they grip at 50% which yields 30psi. Interestingly enough (and only what I've read, NO expert) is that the avg guy maxes out around 30psi grip pressure meaning we are very succeptable to wrist injury if we do not get our grip pressure up. I think?

On 4/7/2019 at 11:36 PM, ToolManSam said:
2285p_tpi_andrewloupe_grip.jpg

The hands are you only contact point to the club so it seems obvious that they are a key area...

 

2 minutes ago, ToolManSam said:

I’m not interested in starting a new thread about grip pressure.

Both of those two posts you posted have nothing to do with SuperSpeed Golf, the protocols, progress following the protocols, etc.

The original question about wrist soreness was relevant because it was related to something specific that happened when doing the SuperSpeed training.

You going off on a tangent about comparing grip pressure of amateurs to PGA tour players and then posting a separate link to 5 techniques to improve grip strength have absolutely nothing to do with SuperSpeed golf, which is why I said they are off topic. 

8 minutes ago, ToolManSam said:

I just answered someone’s question within this thread about hurting their wrists during training, lol

And no, you didnt answer the question, because the question was asking if anyone has experienced wrist soreness when doing the Superspeed program, and since you haven't done the SuperSpeed program, there's no way you could possibly have provided a relevant on topic answer.

It's not a big deal and it happens sometimes on the forum, but we generally try to keep things on topic as much as possible.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/9/2019 at 10:54 AM, klineka said:

Both of those two posts you posted have nothing to do with SuperSpeed Golf, the protocols, progress following the protocols, etc.

The original question about wrist soreness was relevant because it was related to something specific that happened when doing the SuperSpeed training.

You going off on a tangent about comparing grip pressure of amateurs to PGA tour players and then posting a separate link to 5 techniques to improve grip strength have absolutely nothing to do with SuperSpeed golf, which is why I said they are off topic. 

And no, you didnt answer the question, because the question was asking if anyone has experienced wrist soreness when doing the Superspeed program, and since you haven't done the SuperSpeed program, there's no way you could possibly have provided a relevant on topic answer.

It's not a big deal and it happens sometimes on the forum, but we generally try to keep things on topic as much as possible.

You guys are an odd bunch, lol

I am aware of speed training wether it’s specifically Super Speed or something “relative” ; long drivers who swing Overspeed Training shafts speak specifically about the serious potential for wrist injury

I am a new member that was only offering a suggestion 

DON’T want it? I’m fine with that

Start rambling on about how my suggestion is off topic and I have no idea what I’m talking about??? That’s just weird AF

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I've added 5 mph this year..  I might have mentioned earlier in the thread how last year I went about it wrong and tried swinging out my ass with not much regard to mechanics.  I did it over the winter and didn't hit any balls with a driver for 4 months.  

It backfired...I couldn't find my own fairway or the center of the club face.  Took a good 3/4 of the season to come around.  And I saw no gain.

This past winter I did the training.  Really just the intro and first protocol.  I hit balls and swung faster with the Superspeed clubs but maintained balance and mechanics.  I've only been to the range once but was pleased.  No injuries although I could see the oblique strain happening more than a wrist injury.

Edited by Typhoon92
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Let us know how it goes. 
    • Cost and time.   THanks..have to give it a try..just trying to get back into my set without investing $$ for the time being..TY!
    • From yesterday's round. Approach to the green was a little long, and my ball was sitting on the back fringe. Large pile of coyote shit between the hole and my ball. The putt was right to left breaking so luckily my line was maybe 2-3 feet to the right of the turd, and there wasn't much chance of rolling into it, unless I hit a terribly offline putt, or got unlucky with a deflection off a bump in the fringe (which is quite beat up where my ball came to rest).
    • You're not supposed to change your vote. 😛 The problem with that is that the "shotgun pattern" doesn't account for the putts that go in. Yes, the distributions of both get larger. Bobby should have studied probability more. A putt going toward the hole, if mis-directed, can go left or right. Both result in a miss. A putt that is missing the hole, if mis-directed, can go left or right. One may result in a make, the other is still a miss. Bumps (if large enough to deflect the ball a little over an inch or so, and if close enough to the hole for a miss to become a make) have a negative outcome 100% of the time when the ball is going in, and a positive outcome 50% of the time when the ball is going to miss. Or to put it in absolute terms, every bump on a ball that would be going in the middle has a negative outcome - it steers the ball farther away from the center of the hole, and every bump that steers the ball on a putt that's missing has a 50% chance of "helping" by steering it in the right direction. Nope. You can join Bobby Jones in the statistics/probability class. 🙂 These bumps aren't knocking the ball feet farther away. They're not tees randomly stuck in the ground. They're just bumps on a putting green. That's the kind of road you can lead yourself down when you don't just look at it logically. 😄 To the majority of you getting this one wrong… Let's make an extreme example. You have one putter that makes 80% of his putts, and another that makes 50%. The gap is 30% or 0.3 strokes (1.2 versus 1.5). You introduce enough randomness that 25% of the putts that were going to go in miss and 5% of the putts that were going to miss go in. The gap is now: 0.8 * .75 + 0.2 * .05 = 61%. 0.5 * .75 + 0.5 * .05 = 40% What was a 30% gap is now a 19% gap. The gap narrows. The good putter is punished, even though he's punished at the same "rates" as the bad putter, at a higher "value" because he hits more putts that would have gone in, while the bad putter hits more putts that could potentially only be directed in. To put it another way, there's a larger possible "negative" adjustment or change for the good putter and a larger possible "positive" adjustment or change for the bad putter. This is true in pretty much* all cases: the more luck plays a role, the less skill plays a role. * I'm a "never say never or always" kinda guy. I can't think of a time when an increase in randomness or luck also increases or at least doesn't reduce skill, but again… see the first sentence here in this asterisk.
    • Why? On 40 foot putts, they both don’t have much of a chance.  It’s the putts inside 15 feet that have the highest Separation Value.  So if a great putter makes 5 of 10 putts at 8 feet (tour average) on tour greens and he missed 1 or 2 more on crappy greens, his percentage changes more. The bad putter is missing more of those anyway, even on good greens.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. AmirReza
      AmirReza
      (34 years old)
    2. BushwoodCC
      BushwoodCC
      (55 years old)
    3. cozelos
      cozelos
      (36 years old)
    4. RollingStoppie
      RollingStoppie
      (52 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...