IGNORED

My Progress w/Overspeed Training Using SuperSpeedGolf

Note: This thread is 1196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, klineka said:

If I could do them in warm conditions, I would. My wife asked me why was doing them last night when it was so cold and I told her because I hadn't done them in like 5 days due to the snow and I want to keep increasing my clubhead speed! She didnt get it :-P

Yeah, I was headed for the range last night in the cold and rain and my daughter simply stated “Uhm, ok...you be you...” 🤪

So, I went to the back and played drums between SS sessions. 😂

Plus, the last time I went in those conditions, all three other players and I huddled under the canopied mats for warmth while the one employee at the range impatiently waited for us to all finish. 😁

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

41 minutes ago, klineka said:

I did my swings yesterday and it was in the mid 20s outside and I surprisingly managed to tie my my PR on the step through with the green club at 133mph, and break a PR on the step through with my red club at 120mph Only thing I noticed about the cold was my hand that didnt have a glove on got pretty cold but other than that I didnt seem to notice any decrease in speed or timing. 

20s? That means add 5 mph to CHS! 😜

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, klineka said:

I did my swings yesterday and it was in the mid 20s outside and I surprisingly managed to tie my my PR on the step through with the green club at 133mph, and break a PR on the step through with my red club at 120mph

I've never seen the point in caring about that stuff. I measure with the green club at the beginning and at the end. Best of those three to five swings.

That's all I measure. I don't even look at the numbers lefty, because I've turned around on the mat and I'm facing the other direction.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, klineka said:

I did my swings yesterday and it was in the mid 20s outside and I surprisingly managed to tie my my PR on the step through with the green club at 133mph, and break a PR on the step through with my red club at 120mph Only thing I noticed about the cold was my hand that didnt have a glove on got pretty cold but other than that I didnt seem to notice any decrease in speed or timing. 

That's dedication!  I really do not know if the regimen advocated by the manufacturer has any real basis for strict adherence to their protocols, but I suppose does lend justification for their marketing of the three different weights in the clubs. From what I gather, they maintain that the exponential increase through the exercises is necessary for optimum results. In any event, whatever steps one takes should be somewhat beneficial (or not).  I still would exercise caution and make sure adequate warm up is taken to minimize potential injury.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

19 hours ago, Hacker James said:

That's dedication!  I really do not know if the regimen advocated by the manufacturer has any real basis for strict adherence to their protocols, but I suppose does lend justification for their marketing of the three different weights in the clubs. From what I gather, they maintain that the exponential increase through the exercises is necessary for optimum results. In any event, whatever steps one takes should be somewhat beneficial (or not).  I still would exercise caution and make sure adequate warm up is taken to minimize potential injury.

This is why you don't want to use too much weight either. Plus, it throws off your swing and defeats the purpose of the SS training. It's a lot more scientific than just swinging a heavy weight. Albeit, empirically derived.

I'm not advocating this without planning on purchasing the program, but you can possibly download the protocols or watch youtube videos of people using it. 

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Went to a new indoor facility that opened up near me today for a Callaway demo day. Got to hit the Epic Flash using a Foresight launch monitor. 

I was blown away by the numbers I saw.

Before SuperSpeed I was around 100mph clubhead speed, now it looks like I'm up a solid 8-10 mph clubhead speed in 2.5 months of following their protocol

It didnt display the clubhead speed, but it did show ball speed and carry among other things. My best was a 163mph ball speed, and a 280 yard carry, which would be 108 mph clubhead speed if smash factor was 1.5, 110 mph clubhead speed at 1.47 smash factor, and 112 mph clubhead speed at 1.45 smash factor.

My average carry was right around 265, which is by far the longest I have ever hit the ball on a consistent basis. My average carry was further than my average total distance on GameGolf, and I definitely contribute the swing speed gains to SuperSpeed golf.

Here are the numbers of my two furthest drives 

20190119_133513.jpg20190119_133943.jpg

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

5 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

What is the name of this place? 

Its called "The Range" and it's in Dublin. Really nice place, has roughly 10-12 launch monitors both Trackman and Foresight and a putting green.

4 minutes ago, klineka said:

"The Range" and it's in Dublin

Super. This is on my way home from work. Looks like you can do $25 for an hour. What's this place like? Have you used the short game area?

54 minutes ago, klineka said:

Went to a new indoor facility that opened up near me today for a Callaway demo day. Got to hit the Epic Flash using a Foresight launch monitor. 

I was blown away by the numbers I saw.

Before SuperSpeed I was around 100mph clubhead speed, now it looks like I'm up a solid 8-10 mph clubhead speed in 2.5 months of following their protocol

It didnt display the clubhead speed, but it did show ball speed and carry among other things. My best was a 163mph ball speed, and a 280 yard carry, which would be 108 mph clubhead speed if smash factor was 1.5, 110 mph clubhead speed at 1.47 smash factor, and 112 mph clubhead speed at 1.45 smash factor.

My average carry was right around 265, which is by far the longest I have ever hit the ball on a consistent basis. My average carry was further than my average total distance on GameGolf, and I definitely contribute the swing speed gains to SuperSpeed golf.

Here are the numbers of my two furthest drives 

20190119_133513.jpg20190119_133943.jpg

So...  what you’re saying is, I’m just a couple hundred bucks away from 290yd drives?  Because, if so, done deal.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

5 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

Super. This is on my way home from work. Looks like you can do $25 for an hour. What's this place like? Have you used the short game area?

Its nice. Today was my first time going and I just went for the demo day, but I will be going back one night this week for an hour session.

Tees sit right into the hitting area, they had Taylormade balls you can use, and each hitting area has a projection screen you hit into, you can either play a course during your hour or just hit onto a simulated range.

I did do some putts today, the green is probably 30 feet long or so and has maybe 5 or 6 holes cut in it, and theres some flat areas and slopes of all directions too.

They recommend calling ahead at least a day or two to reserve a stall, they said weeknight evenings are their busiest time.

3 minutes ago, lastings said:

So...  what you’re saying is, I’m just a couple hundred bucks away from 290yd drives?  Because, if so, done deal.  

I contribute way more of the results to SuperSpeed golf than the new club itself, but that being said I do think I need a new clubhead now of lower loft, that club I hit was 9 degrees and my current M2 is 12 which is what I was fit into back when I swung slower and had a negative AoA.

• Administrator

Let's stick to the topic here please. It's not the club fitting or the facility.

42 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

Just use "iacas" or the link at the bottom of the page:

Contact SuperSpeed Golf if you have questions regarding your order or products.

I do ask that you also put the "iacas" coupon code in when you get to the order page, like this:

image.png

Thank you. If you buy this way let me know and I'll make you a Supporter here at TST for awhile.

https://superspeedgolf.com/collections/all-products?aff=40

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On January 15, 2019 at 1:19 PM, iacas said:

I've never seen the point in caring about that stuff. I measure with the green club at the beginning and at the end. Best of those three to five swings.

That's all I measure. I don't even look at the numbers lefty, because I've turned around on the mat and I'm facing the other direction.

I do exactly the same thing.  Green club, measure speed at the beginning and end of the protocol with your regular swing.

Don't complicate life.

Doing the protocol when you are supposed to swing as aggressively as you can, do you worry about what your feet are doing or do you just swing as aggressive as you can, not caring about any kind of swing mechanics at all? For instance, do you try to swing within reason so that your feet don't move around any more than they would in your normal golf swing?  This is aside from the stepping part of the protocol.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, TN94z said:

Doing the protocol when you are supposed to swing as aggressively as you can, do you worry about what your feet are doing or do you just swing as aggressive as you can, not caring about any kind of swing mechanics at all? For instance, do you try to swing within reason so that your feet don't move around any more than they would in your normal golf swing?  This is aside from the stepping part of the protocol.

They might spin out or something a little more than usual, but otherwise, no, it's about generating speed, not doing anything "mechanical."

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

They might spin out or something a little more than usual, but otherwise, no, it's about generating speed, not doing anything "mechanical."

Great, That's how we have been doing it. I just wanted to make sure we weren't doing something incorrectly.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

What do you all do for warm-up? I am finding it hard to get loose and warm with the temps outside. I do my usual stretching and active swings to get loose. I also do the stuff in the getting started video.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

What do you all do for warm-up? I am finding it hard to get loose and warm with the temps outside. I do my usual stretching and active swings to get loose. I also do the stuff in the getting started video.

I just make a few normal swings. Hit ten, twelve balls or something.

But indoors at Golf Evolution it's 60° or so.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!