cedrictheo

My Progress w/Overspeed Training Using SuperSpeedGolf

316 posts / 112284 viewsLast Reply

I'm thinking this will be a very productive winter for me.   

I just signed up for Winter league at my local indoor facility.   With that I get 9 holes of "League golf" with unlimited warmup time.   and an hour practice any other day of the week.   
I will be using the Superspeed both in my league warmup and on my practice day.   

Right now, my driver speed sits pretty consistently between 104-107.   Really hoping to add 5 mph this winter.   109-112 would make a pretty big difference.  
(don't get me wrong, getting it out there 270 is nice, but I would find a lot more wedges in my hands and, moreso, have a chance at a lot more par 5 greens in two if I could touch 300 every now and then.)

Additionally, I just ordered a 24 foot putting mat for my basement.  If I can get good use out of that all winter, I really think I can dial in lag put and chipping distances, which could shave a few strokes per round.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

After getting this for Christmas, I started this tonight. Driver swing speed is currently 102-105 mph. I really would like to get to 115, but that's probably unlikely. 110 would be fine.

The training was interesting. I need to take less time between swings, I think. I also need to up the effort a bit more. Lefty swings are interesting. My lefty swing is not good, haha.

No updates here in a while.  How is everyone doing with this?  

i started it back up at Thanksgiving.  I have stuck to the intro protocol until this week.  With the sticks I only picked up 2-3 mph.  I was disappointed.  I noticed though that along with my Superspeed beginning numbers I also put down my actual numbers in our simulator.  I hit in the sim again and my clubhead speed was up 4-5 mph, ball speed was up 5-6 mph which translates to a sizeable distance gain.   Very pleased!

35 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

i started it back up at Thanksgiving.  I have stuck to the intro protocol until this week.  With the sticks I only picked up 2-3 mph.  I was disappointed.  I noticed though that along with my Superspeed beginning numbers I also put down my actual numbers in our simulator.  I hit in the sim again and my clubhead speed was up 4-5 mph, ball speed was up 5-6 mph which translates to a sizeable distance gain.   Very pleased!

I started again in the first bit of January.

5 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

I have no excuse, but have been slacking.  I'm in a new house, I have something resembling a backyard (it's mostly dirt with a concrete loggia), plus my indoor room is big enough to swing a 6-iron (I haven't tried anything higher).  The problem is, the times that I often can do it are either really early morning or really late evening and my stupid brain wonders if the neighbors will think I'm hitting golf balls at them.  I need to just do it and if they ask I can explain I'm swinging without a ball.  Or I can figure out if my indoor room is large enough to swing them (the sticks, not the neighbors) in.

13 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

It got cold out and I was tired of doing the routine in the dark.

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Don’t swing them inside. You might limit yourself.

Thanks.  I'll avoid that.  I'm going to aim to try outside later today or tomorrow.  

6 hours ago, Shindig said:

Thanks.  I'll avoid that.  I'm going to aim to try outside later today or tomorrow.  

Maybe swing them in the garage if you have one?   I either swing them in the gym or in the garage so the cold doesn’t interfere