IGNORED

My Progress w/Overspeed Training Using SuperSpeedGolf

Note: This thread is 1221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm glad you are having success using the Superspeed golf training system.  I am one of the owners and a Long Drive Professional and previous touring professional.  We have seen huge gains from this system after a lot of R & D with specific protocols.  Thanks for posting and looking forward to seeing your results as you continue your training.  Awesome thread.  keep up the good work! Unleash your speed, Eddie Fernandes @fasteddie400

Welcome to TST, looking forward to more posts on assorted topics from you as well! Again, welcome.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just ordered my super speed golf and the speed detector thing...gonna try this out.....I have a 97-98 mph  driver swing now with a 235-240 yd average....hoping to gain 10-15 yds after training with this for a month

CLUBS:ping: CART: :sunmountain: DRIVER: :callaway:GOLF BALL: :titleist:

@No Mulligans I think that could work. You are looking for roughly a 10% increase/decrease in weight lighter and heavier. Hard to say without knowing the exact weights. However I would guess most people could improve thier swing speed by measuring with the radar and doing sets trying to increase it.

I decided to give this superspeed workout a try.  But the $199 for the 'clubs' , that price point is about twice of what I'd want to pay.

I'm going to use my wife's driver, my current driver, and my old driver for the lightest, medium and heavier weights.  I've ordered a speed sensor radar to track the progress (if any).  So I'm going to wait until I get that before I start.

I wonder if there have been any studies done to test the effectiveness of the training clubs vs. doing the exercises with ones driver. I'm pretty sure that progress could be made either way, but is one better than the other?

Another concern that I have is that with my medical related stiffness and age, can my body hold up to this protocol.  I do stretch about 20 minutes a day, which I have done pretty much every day for the past year.  So I'll definitely focus of stretching and warming up.

Played 27 holes today! It's been raining like crazy down here in Orlando so distance is all carry (no roll). I just cant make much of a conclusion on distances based on the holes played today. I was making ok contact but not even close to mid season form (haven't played golf in 3 months).

Feel free to take a look at my rounds but nothing to concur IMO.

It should dry up a bit the next couple days (and I hope to be striking the ball better).

Played 27 holes today! It's been raining like crazy down here in Orlando so distance is all carry (no roll). I just cant make much of a conclusion on distances based on the holes played today. I was making ok contact but not even close to mid season form (haven't played golf in 3 months).

Feel free to take a look at my rounds but nothing to concur IMO.

It should dry up a bit the next couple days (and I hope to be striking the ball better).

How long are you down in FL? I might be in Tampa next week.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I decided to give this superspeed workout a try.  But the $199 for the 'clubs' , that price point is about twice of what I'd want to pay. I'm going to use my wife's driver, my current driver, and my old driver for the lightest, medium and heavier weights.  I've ordered a speed sensor radar to track the progress (if any).  So I'm going to wait until I get that before I start. I wonder if there have been any studies done to test the effectiveness of the training clubs vs. doing the exercises with ones driver. I'm pretty sure that progress could be made either way, but is one better than the other? Another concern that I have is that with my medical related stiffness and age, can my body hold up to this protocol.  I do stretch about 20 minutes a day, which I have done pretty much every day for the past year.  So I'll definitely focus of stretching and warming up.

I'm also going to take this route, but instead of a driver I'm making my own clubs, I have some old driver shafts and I'm going to use golf balls for weights. My driver head weighs 199 grams and a golf ball weighs 40ish grams, so I'm going to drill holes through the golf balls and put the correct amount on the shafts to get the right weights.

How long are you down in FL? I might be in Tampa next week.

Heading home on Thursday (short trip). I think the pga show is next week though, you may want to check that out!

Just received my swing speed clubs and swing radar....I plan on using the protocol training system for this month and all of Feb. My first golf tourny is March 7. Living in NJ, I'm thankful I have access to a 24 hr indoor driving simulator with all the bells and whistles regarding swing speed/launch monitor/spin rates/ distance/ etc....Hopefully I can re-find my drive this year. Last year was so pitiful.Hopefully THIS INVESTMENT will be worth it.!

I decided to give this superspeed workout a try.  But the $199 for the 'clubs' , that price point is about twice of what I'd want to pay.

I'm going to use my wife's driver, my current driver, and my old driver for the lightest, medium and heavier weights.  I've ordered a speed sensor radar to track the progress (if any).  So I'm going to wait until I get that before I start.

I wonder if there have been any studies done to test the effectiveness of the training clubs vs. doing the exercises with ones driver. I'm pretty sure that progress could be made either way, but is one better than the other?

Another concern that I have is that with my medical related stiffness and age, can my body hold up to this protocol.  I do stretch about 20 minutes a day, which I have done pretty much every day for the past year.  So I'll definitely focus of stretching and warming up.

Here is one that is basically half the price for the same product. http://www.veloshaft.com/home.html

Here is one that is basically half the price for the same product.  http://www.veloshaft.com/home.html

That doesn't look to be the same, only 2 "clubs" and looks like only one is weighted.

Well,I tried swing my new SUPER SPEED GOLF clubs today @ work....I coul dn't swing in the kneeling position but I tried the regular standing/ step forward swings...

I will say my first time swinging the clubs that I was somewhat conservative...I will try again tomorrow @ home in the ya rd without worrying if I'm going to hit anything...just have to put with my SO and her running commentary about if I don't have it by 56 I'm never gonna get ......

RIGHTSIDE:                        LEFTSIDE

GREEN --81                       GREEN-- 73

BLUE--   74                        BLUE --70

RED --    72                       RED--- 66

STEP AND SWING

GREEN-- 76                       GREEN -- 69

BLUE----- 75                       BLUE-- 64

RED----- 66                        RED--- 62

my driver swing speed the other day was 96+/- mph with a distance of 236-244 yds...

my driver swing speed the other day was 96+/- mph with a distance of 236-244 yds...

Sound like you need to adjust the position of your speed radar.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I'm also going to take this route, but instead of a driver I'm making my own clubs, I have some old driver shafts and I'm going to use golf balls for weights. My driver head weighs 199 grams and a golf ball weighs 40ish grams, so I'm going to drill holes through the golf balls and put the correct amount on the shafts to get the right weights.

This is a great idea.

Isn't a stack of golf balls going to have the weight distributed differently than a driver, thus causing the shaft to load and unload differently? I imagine it would change the balance point of the club and affect the swingweight, too. All of this is going to affect your mechanics, will it not? Maybe you can use just one tennis ball and fill it with something that has the proper weights?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

[quote name="Slowcelica" url="/t/78813/my-progress-w-overspeed-training-using-superspeedgolf/30#post_1094645"] I'm also going to take this route, but instead of a driver I'm making my own clubs, I have some old driver shafts and I'm going to use golf balls for weights. My driver head weighs 199 grams and a golf ball weighs 40ish grams, so I'm going to drill holes through the golf balls and put the correct amount on the shafts to get the right weights.

Isn't a stack of golf balls going to have the weight distributed differently than a driver, thus causing the shaft to load and unload differently? I imagine it would change the balance point of the club and affect the swingweight, too. All of this is going to affect your mechanics, will it not? Maybe you can use just one tennis ball and fill it with something that has the proper weights?[/quote] I've tried using large washers with an old steel shaft. I think it should work just as well with graphite. You might need to drill out the higher ones to accommodate the taper on graphite shafts.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I actually changed my mind, I got some old postal scale weights and I'm going to drill them out and epoxy them to the shaft. I have a scale that I can weigh them to get them to the correct weight had too

I've been swing the super speed golf clubs every day now for a week. Went to the simulator this morning and my driver speed was in the average of 100-105 mph range...my distance average shot up from the 230+/- yards to the 255+/- yards .. I also changed my settings on my calloway driver( I have a 13 degree, dropped it -1 degree.(last year with at least 3 drivers I had a launch angle around 7-9...now I average 11-12...im really try to coil and swing "thru" the ball.)

I've been swing the super speed golf clubs every day now for a week. Went to the simulator this morning and my driver speed was in the average of 100-105 mph range...my distance average shot up from the 230+/- yards to the 255+/- yards .. I also changed my settings on my calloway driver( I have a 13 degree, dropped it -1 degree.(last year with at least 3 drivers I had a launch angle around 7-9...now I average 11-12...im really try to coil and swing "thru" the ball.)

@sunned123 This some impressive improvement! I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

Was the simulator Trackman/Fightscope or is it one that you have been on before to establish a base line?

When I or anyone is doing this training you are moving the sticks as fast as you can. Were you going as hard as you could in the the simulator? Or was it more your normal effort.

Do you notice much difference in dispersion or ball flight?

Brandon Fox

Rochester, NY

Note: This thread is 1221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!