IGNORED

Smoking Weed on the Golf Course

Note: This thread is 2356 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday during a round with my grand daughter, and two other, new to us, young gentlemen (25-ish?) something came up after the 4th hole. The two young guys lit up a joint. When I saw (smelled) what

I'm completely sick of some of this "entitled" behavior.  Good for you and your granddaughter and your son-in-law and his brother!  It's frustrating how some people don't want others to infringe on th

So here's the thing that stumps me. If you're doing something illegal, or otherwise against the rules, isn't the #1 rule to never draw negative attention to yourself? If you're smoking illegally

Yup.  I play regularly with a guy who smokes (and sometimes vapes) weed, and more often than not I never even notice when he does it.

Exactly, you just need to be discrete. My regular playing partner and I both like to smoke on the course and if we're playing with folks we don't know, I doubt they have any idea at all that we do.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

. Well, that set off another chain events, and because of a poor attitude on their part, these guys would be spending the night in the local lock up.

This made me very happy. I have nothing against smoking the sweet mary-jane, did it my fair share in high school, but these guys sounded like pricks. "It's legal where we come from."?

LOL

Well not where you're at now! Prick.

Since marijuana is illegal in most states, where are the people getting their weed?  Isn't there a criminal element involved here somewhere?

I drove over the speed limit this morning on my way to work. Dis that make me a criminal? And btw I say this as someone who has never smoked weed.

I drove over the speed limit this morning on my way to work. Dis that make me a criminal? And btw I say this as someone who has never smoked weed.

Well since you ask, yes that does make you a criminal. It does not however mean you should go to jail for that crime (depending on how much you exceeded the speed limit by) but it does mean that if you were pulled over and became combatant or in any way assaulted an officer that you should go to jail. I say this as I current non weed smoker.

• Upvote 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfreuter415

Since marijuana is illegal in most states, where are the people getting their weed?  Isn't there a criminal element involved here somewhere?

I drove over the speed limit this morning on my way to work. Does that make me a criminal? And btw I say this as someone who has never smoked weed.

The biggest problem with smoking weed illegally (as opposed to legally) is the financial support of drug dealers.

You may have your friendly neighborhood pot dealer, but that guy probably got his product from someone else. You go up the chain far enough and there may be some very bad people profiting. Some of these same people sell cocaine, heroin and the like. Some of these guys shoot other people in the same line of business. This, in my opinion, is the best reason to legalize pot. It's also something to keep in mind if you are buying the stuff illegally (and by distant relation, smoking it on a golf course).

This thread has taken a detour I am afraid.

I think the OP's original story left out the very crucial information as to why these guys had to spend the night in jail.  This omission caused many to questions the validity of this story.

Everyone agrees it was bad for these guys to smoke week in front of a minor - no question.  But the discussion regarding whether we should decriminalize smoking weed is a topic best left to "the Grill Room".

Note: This thread is 2356 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!