IGNORED

Parsons Xtreme Golf, GoDaddy Founder Starts New Golf Company

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

These irons at address look familiar ;-) #ping

Our players club, the #0311 compared to our tour iron, the #0311T !! Awesome stuff.... #PXG #PXGonTour #Golf #Technology

A video posted by Parsons Xtreme Golf (@parsonsxtremegolf) on

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

$250,000 - 300,000 on golf equipment?!

Mike McLoughlin

11 minutes ago, mvmac said:

That's got to be what, 100 full sets of top end clubs in a year? I don't even know how that's possible.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

34 minutes ago, mvmac said:

I can see it. I used to play with a guy who spent about $150,000. Many guys I used to play with in California bough everything new, right off the shelf, at the time TaylorMade was making a new driver every week it seemed and he wanted it. Then the Titleist guy would show up with his custom van, bam, completely new everything and close to $5,000 gone. After spending that much Scotty Cameron invites them down for a putter fitting and the guy wants a GSS custom putter for $8,000. What surprises me about this Parsons guy is that he actually has a clue how much he spends. All the guys I watched do this had absolutely no clue how much they were spending. 

The issue I see with this company is the high end golf market is quite small. He will saturate his market very quickly and their growth will stop. To grow any more they will need to offer products at a lower price point.  Because this guy is so rich he might not care and just want to make a lot of money off that small market and then be a boutique brand. 

Michael

28 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

That's got to be what, 100 full sets of top end clubs in a year? I don't even know how that's possible.

Haha, I guess. That's a lot of Miura irons, Scotty putters and Oban shafts.

Mike McLoughlin

2 hours ago, mvmac said:

Looking for Love in all the wrong places, Bob.

Too much of an ego to admit his swing is the problem?

Work hard, Bob, on your swing ... not your equipment, and leave Ping alone. You've raided enough of their staff.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• 3 months later...

Guy at our club just went to Florida and got fitted for these clubs.  Cost him $5,000.  He got the Driver, 3 wood,  3 hybrid and the irons (I think it was 11 clubs).  He said that each club is fitted, so there are different shafts in each club.  they certainly look sweet, not sure that $5,000 will take that many strokes off my score.  :whistle:

https://www.pxg.com/

PXG-Club-0311-Irons.png.0dbde5c2175c2534

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

How many $5 nassau bets do you have to win to pay off the clubs??  Jeepers!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

The more expensive of the PXG range to over a 1,000$ a club, so relatively it is a good deal I guess.  Not sure if a set at that cost is truly justified unless you are single digit aiming to get to scratch or possibly even pro.  At the pro level I can understand it.  The incremental changes and differences are what separate the good from the great I guess and there each stroke is worth a lot of money.

I can only imagine how much fun it would be to beat him in a round with a cheapo set of clubs

• Upvote 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

1 minute ago, pganapathy said:

The more expensive of the PXG range to over a 1,000$ a club, so relatively it is a good deal I guess.  Not sure if a set at that cost is truly justified unless you are single digit aiming to get to scratch or possibly even pro.  At the pro level I can understand it.  The incremental changes and differences are what separate the good from the great I guess and there each stroke is worth a lot of money.

I can only imagine how much fun it would be to beat him in a round with a cheapo set of clubs

his current index is a 4.1 and I think he just turned 60, so no pro career in his making and I've played with him a few times and he has shot par with his old clubs.   

41 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

How many $5 nassau bets do you have to win to pay off the clubs??  Jeepers!

Not sure there are enough $5 nassau bets to make with the guys he plays with.  Must have more money than he knows what to do with.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

3 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

Guy at our club just went to Florida and got fitted for these clubs.  Cost him $5,000.  He got the Driver, 3 wood,  3 hybrid and the irons (I think it was 11 clubs).  He said that each club is fitted, so there are different shafts in each club.  they certainly look sweet, not sure that $5,000 will take that many strokes off my score.  :whistle:

https://www.pxg.com/

He must have opted for some pretty exotic shafts because I've seen quotes for a full set of PXG irons at $2100.  

Joe Paradiso

14 hours ago, newtogolf said:

He must have opted for some pretty exotic shafts because I've seen quotes for a full set of PXG irons at $2100.  

He said that each club went for about $375/club.  He may have included his trip to Florida to get fitted in his cost. Or he exaggerated his cost. :~(

-Jerry

33 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

He said that each club went for about $375/club.  He may have included his trip to Florida to get fitted in his cost. Or he exaggerated his cost. :~(

No set of irons is worth that much per club unless you want to stick them behind some glass in your house. Those clubs don't even look that good for that. ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

If he went with exotic custom aftermarket shafts he could have spent that much but it seems high.  It also sounds like the fitting was very customized so the cost for that might have been substantial.  I agree with @saevel25, $375 per iron is beyond even what I'd be willing to spend.  

I like buying new equipment and testing it but I have accepted the reality that new clubs have minimal impact on your golf scores if the clubs you're using are properly fitted for you.  

Joe Paradiso

• 2 weeks later...

After reading a lot about the 0311 and 0311t irons, MVMAC has offered great info and pics. I will add what I've learned about them.

Yes, it looks similar to a Ping S55 at address. The 0311 has a thicker topline than most want in a blade-like iron, but this iron was made to look similar to a blade but have a cavity back build. Guys who can hit a GI iron can hit these. See pics in earlier pages. The 0311T is smaller in appearance, less forgiving and for the player who wants blade-like performance but more forgiveness than a traditional blade - a small CB wrapped in a blade appearance.

Parsons claims to have the thinnest face in golf and to prevent big hitters like the Llama, "big hitter, the Llama" from caving the face, they've placed thermoplastic "TPU" behind the face, which also enhances the feel. They've designed a CB but wrapped it in a blade-like look. If you look at the head, they've moved weight out to the toe to move the COG towards the center. The weights are not sold to the public but clubfitters can heat them up to loosen up the lock-tite and adjust the weights in the fitting. So if your miss is on the toe perhaps they can add weight to your miss to help.

From what I've read, golfers who are custom fit - not an online fit, and not phoning in specs, but fit by a Parsons dealer in person, spending a couple of hours with someone who knows what they are doing (I know, repetitive to make a point), and getting the shaft and specs correct are gaining a club + more in length. Dispersion is excellent.

The reports of "they are okay but nothing special" seems to come from those who phone in their specs or have the factory build them without a fitting. I've seen so-so reviews of light swingweights from this type of build.

When you are spending $300-350 per iron (or $$$ for any OEM iron you are going to keep), it does not make any sense to phone in specs. If you can't do it right, don't do it.

Supposedly, the 0311 are played by mid cappers and lower - forgiving, great feel, and long with sufficient spin. The 0311t is more blade-like, less forgiving, more spin for blade players.

Who buys them? From my old clubmaker, who is a Parsons dealer, he says it is the guys who have Miura or other high end iron and want another set that is something different. And they are going out the door. He says what everyone else says - you get more out of them when custom fit.

Personally, I do think if you keep an iron 3+ years, it is worth the trouble, time and expense to go to a custom clubmaker. Most carry Callaway, TM, and other OEMs, as well as Miura and PXG - if the clubmaker is intent on quality, you get the right shaft for that club and you, and each club is consistent with the other in the set. Good luck.

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

1 hour ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Who buys them? From my old clubmaker, who is a Parsons dealer, he says it is the guys who have Miura or other high end iron and want another set that is something different.

That's funny.  The first I'd heard of any of my friends (or in this case, actually, friend of friend) buying a set of PXGs was the only guy I know (besides Erik and you) who plays Muira.

1 minute ago, Golfingdad said:

That's funny.  The first I'd heard of any of my friends (or in this case, actually, friend of friend) buying a set of PXGs was the only guy I know (besides Erik and you) who plays Muira.

They are pricey and stand out, no one will mistake a PXG for another club.  I only know one person that has their irons and he has nothing but positive things to say about the irons.  

Joe Paradiso

2 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

They are pricey and stand out, no one will mistake a PXG for another club.  I only know one person that has their irons and he has nothing but positive things to say about the irons.  

I was in San Antonio a couple of weeks ago at the Hyatt Hill Country for a conference. They have a 27 hole layout. Saw a big guy, had that big "Parsons Like" personality and a FULL bag of PXG clubs and the matching bag... I smiled.

9 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Being old, frail, and losing my mind, when I go to Boston this spring to visit the clubmaker for a round of golf, I will hit the 0311. But I am really interested in the Callaway Apex CF16 at half the price - gotta see what PXG "Thin Man" TPU tech and Callaway Cup Face tech do for iron distance.

Note: This thread is 2730 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!