Jump to content
IGNORED

My Swing (GolfLug)


GolfLug
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator
9 hours ago, GolfLug said:

So same feels - open hips and chest to camera to get as wide as I can but seems like this raising up at A4 shit is stubborn. Turn through and exit are okayish so meh.. 

BTW, this Cally Apex 18 deg is a lot of fun to train with. Doesn't tolerate half ass swings. Lol.

I’m wondering if wearing the flip flops is affecting what you’re doing. For me, loose footwear keeps me from trusting my slide forwards with my hips because I feel like I’m falling out of the sandal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I’m wondering if wearing the flip flops is affecting what you’re doing. For me, loose footwear keeps me from trusting my slide forwards with my hips because I feel like I’m falling out of the sandal. 

I can't say for sure but I don't feel like I am slipping or restricting motion. Psychologically it's not much of a factor for sure. It could be because in my elementary school days I played cricket and even soccer in flip flops. My mom would have my hide if I soiled the one pair of white canvas keds I had. Them puppies were meant for school only. 

Most days I have a few moments to get my hands on the club only after the day is done and not putting shoes on for a few swings. But hey, I have shoes on in the previous vid I posted.. 😊

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Some Saturday morning work. Same feels.. open chest and hips to camera for free extension of hands for width. 20 percent and 40 percent speeds..

Also some rotational stretch work to limber up torso a bit more.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 2:38 PM, iacas said:

That's much better. Stop "raising up" and it'll be even better.

I realized I was pulling the arms 'out of the shoulder sockets' for fake width/turn at the top. Feel is to stay in incline, not overbend/under end and really 'keep the shoulder sockets relaxed' get the body/shoulders in plane to get useful width. 

I can feel that I can turn through impact without jumping on the ball or throw hands/club @the ball or whatever desperate attempt I make when out of position before impact. 

Any feedback would be helpful.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator
5 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I realized I was pulling the arms 'out of the shoulder sockets' for fake width/turn at the top. Feel is to stay in incline, not overbend/under end and really 'keep the shoulder sockets relaxed' get the body/shoulders in plane to get useful width. 

I can feel that I can turn through impact without jumping on the ball or throw hands/club @the ball or whatever desperate attempt I make when out of position before impact. 

Any feedback would be helpful.

  1. Move the guitar. As a guitarist, I cringe at the thought of a shank!😜
  2. Slow it down. I’m guilty of doing these too fast too. Try a 6 count on the backswing part, 3 count to A6, 3 to impact.
  3. not sure if you have an iPad, but MirrorVision really helps with this stuff. You can see all your check points. A small mirror can help too on the FO view.
  4. I think you are a bit OTT at A6 with this exaggeration. Feel the hips slide more forward while you turn and do it slower. When I do it in slow motion, I sometimes don’t slide as much as I do in the real swing. Stop at A6 and check the head position.
  5. There is a COVID drill on these, Day 5 and Day 30.
  6. Lastly, did I mention to move the guitar?😜
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, boogielicious said:
  1. Move the guitar. As a guitarist, I cringe at the thought of a shank!😜
  2. Slow it down. I’m guilty of doing these too fast too. Try a 6 count on the backswing part, 3 count to A6, 3 to impact.
  3. not sure if you have an iPad, but MirrorVision really helps with this stuff. You can see all your check points. A small mirror can help too on the FO view.
  4. I think you are a bit OTT at A6 with this exaggeration. Feel the hips slide more forward while you turn and do it slower. When I do it in slow motion, I sometimes don’t slide as much as I do in the real swing. Stop at A6 and check the head position.
  5. There is a COVID drill on these, Day 5 and Day 30.
  6. Lastly, did I mention to move the guitar?😜

Appreciate the feedback. I will steal my son's iPad if he will let me..😊. Have struggled with PP of width for a year now since trip to CHQ last year so that's still the focus. 

Been alternating between guitar and club this morning so mindlessly left it there. I know better but certainly need a bit more awareness. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator

01.jpg

Left: Butt too far back, weight in the heels.

Right: Still more narrow/around with that right elbow than you want.

I don't see much value in doing much downswing work since you know you're going to stop the downswing barely past impact.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 1 month later...
(edited)

 Been driving fairly well last couple of months. This was a cold swing capture to see if I have developed a wider sweep yet. Honestly I can't tell. Never noticed how my hands arc trace is higher in the DS than in BS. Hmm...dunno what that means. ..maybe a gentle pull cut swing which I have been hitting often.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...