IGNORED

My Swing (GolfLug)

GolfLug

• Administrator
1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

I may not have expressed it properly but, this (G) is what I was referring to for attempting to hit a push draw. Hit 'out' in relation to target (red arrow) with face closed to path. I ended up overdoing the closed face and over drew it OB. 

My point was that you hit a pull-draw, and so you said you tried to hit "out" more… which just tends to make the ball draw more, which is what ended up happening.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

My point was that you hit a pull-draw, and so you said you tried to hit "out" more… which just tends to make the ball draw more, which is what ended up happening.

Yeah, a brain fart. I would be killing it on the Hooters tour if I had a better........mental game. 😜

Vishal S.

• 5 weeks later...

Update:

Continuing with daily mirror work. 

1. Low hands, Soft arms and chest. 

2. Unlocked, slightly bouncy left knee.

3. 'Skate' entire club out straight back while pulling back trail hip.  No lifting, cocking etc.  I am placing a chair to my right to ensure I don't roll the club in behind me too           early. Basically keeping it on-plane. Gives me good width too.  

4. Left shoulder to right heel, right hip to left ankle.

I am routinely putting up sub-40 9-holes sides (good) but have not put together two clean 9s together. Unless I am fully mindful of the above four items, I am very very susceptible to high variance pulls and pushes with the driver anytime in the middle of the round. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Upvote 1

Vishal S.

• 2 weeks later...

While not as exciting as doing it on a par 72 course, finally did break 80 yesterday - 78/Par 70. It was a solo round so can't post. It's my first ever no-sixes round but since I can't post the score I won't ask for credit yet.  Also first ever round with no penalties!

Disclaimer - our course is fairly flat and easy. But it has a butt load of OBs. You do have to hit a fairly wild tee shot on most of them to actually land it but only three holes do not have an OB lurking. So it's kinda an accomplishment all of it's own for me. Heh heh. 

Driver has been friendly, irons continue to be reliable. Putter acting like a diva but I think I've got her number. 

My work since the GEARS visit is actually sticking it seems..!! I am still hitting plenty of garden variety shitty shots but am playing some good golf lately and terribly happy at how the things are shaping up. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Upvote 1

Vishal S.

55 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

It's my first ever no-sixes round but since I can't post the score I won't ask for credit yet.

Still 18 holes with no sixes, which is a big accomplishment regardless of solo or not.

• Like 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Still 18 holes with no sixes, which is a big accomplishment regardless of solo or not.

Thanks! Yeah, pretty stoked. Has been a season goal each year since the challenge was issued but have never even sniffed it. Best previous was two six shot holes in a round.  Anyway, gotta do it with company so I can walk in here stomping my feet and dimmmaannd my badge..😄 

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

While not as exciting as doing it on a par 72 course, finally did break 80 yesterday - 78/Par 70.

To be clear not my first ever sub -80 round but has been at least two years. Certainly feels like my first ever since my swing got rearranged with the injury back in 2020.  

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

(edited)

A 41/39 = 80 today.

Two holes cost me:

1. A slight pulled tee shot on hole 3 into a fairly scattered pinestraw tree grove adjacent to returning hole 4 ball never found..☹️. Normally it's an easy bunt down to about 160 in from anywhere there but had two drop in FW for a two-shot penalty. Ended up with a seven (par 5).

2. Completely mis-judged wind and lie for approach after another tagged drive on 15. It's a 425 yard hole. Had 153 in and felt bit of wind in the face so took a six iron to flight it in but ended up flushing it off a flyer lie airmailing the green for a double 6. Not sure what I was thinking but shout have been an 8-iron. Anywhoo..

Rest was were bunch a stress free bogeys, pars and a couple of birdies. What I would call very acceptable and fun weekend hack golf.

Still taking one or two practice swings while thinking "pull right hip back. Low hand/with soft arms and chest working well. 

We played 3 best scores per team format and won some gas money against the two other teams. Another decent day. 

Edited by GolfLug
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Vishal S.

Posting a swing check. Pull cut driver has been working well.

Please don't mind the phone-on-the-ground (waiting on a tripod... long story).

Not as much width as I would like but seems like my bottom moving better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

So now you have a thing about flower pots. How does the piano feel about this?

One feel that helps with width is feeling like you are dropping the hands almost behind you from the top. That’s part of what I’m working on now. It’s a odd feel because we think we should be swinging out at the ball. But doing this adds width and puts the club head on plane quicker.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

The stuff you're working on is best viewed from FO. Do you have video from there?

Particularly with the driver I'd love to see you working on the width stuff, too. During the backswing.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

43 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

So now you have a thing about flower pots. How does the piano feel about this?

Middle C sounds better lately.. haha. The flower pot good aiming point. Deflection off the curve good feedback for starting line.

27 minutes ago, iacas said:

The stuff you're working on is best viewed from FO. Do you have video from there?

Particularly with the driver I'd love to see you working on the width stuff, too. During the backswing.

Will record one and post. Daily mirror check FO.

55 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

One feel that helps with width is feeling like you are dropping the hands almost behind you from the top. That’s part of what I’m working on now. It’s a odd feel because we think we should be swinging out at the ball. But doing this adds width and puts the club head on plane quicker.

This might come up during my next visit to Erie 

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

This a sorta virgin swing ( no practice swings) with one thought - pull right hip back to A2.

Edited by GolfLug
  • Thumbs Up 2

Vishal S.

• Administrator

That's looking better.

• Thumbs Up 1

The swing feels good. Ball flight is good. Of course all relative. But somehow the BS always seems narrow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Vishal S.

• Administrator

Two notes:

• Right elbow can come off your body more.
  • Right hip is staying back a bit too much/pelvis swaying back a bit (watch it!).
  • Thumbs Up 1

@GolfLug you can charge your camera battery ahead of time to record your swing. You don't have to plug it into your generator the whole time ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

(edited)
31 minutes ago, billchao said:

@GolfLug you can charge your camera battery ahead of time to record your swing. You don't have to plug it into your generator the whole time ;-)

Hahahaha... I knew someone would say something. It's the AC if you didn't figure it already. Of course I don't notice it until after I youtube it.

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

12 hours ago, iacas said:
  • Right hip is staying back a bit too much/pelvis swaying back a bit (watch it!).

Ok, I will pay attention to that. It seems to have crept back in. I wouldn't have noticed.

Vishal S.