IGNORED

Want to try to turn pro

golfrocks
Note: This thread is 3369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I dunno, I like what he has done with these rocks. It speaks to my soul, I think the secret to great golf is encoded in these rocks...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey, I want to be a pro so I can get a new set of clubs for free. Those new Nike Vapor Pro Forged cavity backs look pretty nice. Or maybe the Callaway Apex Forged cavity backs. Or maybe the Mizuno 850 Forged Cavity backs. What are my chances of a sponsor?

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Hey, I want to be a pro so I can get a new set of clubs for free. Those new Nike Vapor Pro Forged cavity backs look pretty nice. Or maybe the Callaway Apex Forged cavity backs. Or maybe the Mizuno 850 Forged Cavity backs. What are my chances of a sponsor?

Actually, not too bad.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/78244/lpga-passes-champions-tour-for-tv-viewership

All you need to do is to drop 26 strokes without injuring yourself. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Only 26 strokes? It's not as bad as you think. They sponsor teaching pros. Okay, I looked it up.

Become an LPGA teaching pro since I won't be able to compete at my age due to... well ... I'm old.

1. Get a part time job behind the counter in the pro shop at a golf course, or some place selling golf clubs for 20 hrs per week for 3 months with the title of "assistant manager." I'm a senior in need of a part time job. Pay me, but not too much. Buy those irons from me.

2. Be able to play a round of golf on a 5500 yd course. My local course that I play well on is 5600 yds. from the reds with a score of 87 or lower. And would be good practice, although it would be better to play the other 130 slope course, and play in as many amateur tournaments as possible for a different reason. To be completed within 12 months of application. And prove a 12 HC or less. (I would think it would be a good idea to have the 12 HC first)

3. Complete a Rules Test with 70% score. $150

4. This playing test is to be at an LPGA regional or Qualifying School. I must shoot a minimum of 15 over course rating on the first 18 holes and have my card signed.

OR if I want to live the dream and crash and burn... play in the qualifying round of the LPGA US Open. Imagine teeing off after Michelle Wie and duffing your tee shot.

Submit that to the LPGA. Once that is done I'm in. Hey, Nike! You have cute clothes. I'll shill for you. Give me your Vapor Irons and Vapor Driver and Woods. Just let me keep my putter.

Julia

Spoiler

Only 26 strokes? It's not as bad as you think. They sponsor teaching pros. Okay, I looked it up.

Become an LPGA teaching pro since I won't be able to compete at my age due to... well ... I'm old.

1. Get a part time job behind the counter in the pro shop at a golf course, or some place selling golf clubs for 20 hrs per week for 3 months with the title of "assistant manager." I'm a senior in need of a part time job. Pay me, but not too much. Buy those irons from me.

2. Be able to play a round of golf on a 5500 yd course. My local course that I play well on is 5600 yds. from the reds with a score of 87 or lower. And would be good practice, although it would be better to play the other 130 slope course, and play in as many amateur tournaments as possible for a different reason. To be completed within 12 months of application. And prove a 12 HC or less. (I would think it would be a good idea to have the 12 HC first)

3. Complete a Rules Test with 70% score. $150

4. This playing test is to be at an LPGA regional or Qualifying School. I must shoot a minimum of 15 over course rating on the first 18 holes and have my card signed.

OR if I want to live the dream and crash and burn... play in the qualifying round of the LPGA US Open. Imagine teeing off after Michelle Wie and duffing your tee shot.

Submit that to the LPGA. Once that is done I'm in. Hey, Nike! You have cute clothes. I'll shill for you. Give me your Vapor Irons and Vapor Driver and Woods. Just let me keep my putter.

That doesn't sound too difficult to do for you, as you have enough distance. Smart training and hard work should get you there.

BTW, what do you mean too old to compete? I think it's skill level. If you still have the distance, I don't see why not? Personally, I think it would be great if you could get out there and compete. :beer:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Well, I hope to be able to afford to compete in some tournaments this year that I at least meet the minimum requirements for. At least it will be fun to play other courses. Damn, I've been on hold for the last 40 minutes. I need to talk to my health insurance. What do they have one person answering? Or was there such a major screw up that everyone in the country is calling them?

Julia

Spoiler

Well, I hope to be able to afford to compete in some tournaments this year that I at least meet the minimum requirements for. At least it will be fun to play other courses. Damn, I've been on hold for the last 40 minutes. I need to talk to my health insurance. What do they have one person answering? Or was there such a major screw up that everyone in the country is calling them?

This is why many tech companies started to use call centers all around the world. Hope you're off hold by now?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

This is why many tech companies started to use call centers all around the world. Hope you're off hold by now?

OT but I was on hold for 2 and 1/2 hours before I finally gave up. I'm wondering if there was a major screw up nationwide. You know that since everything is done electronically these days I don't get the paystub anymore in the mail, so I can't see if something is wrong until something like this happens.

Anyway back to our regularly scheduled program. New avatar - thought i'd put my driver in there instead of a putter.

Imagine being put in the same foursome with Wie and Korda on the golf channel on Thursday and you're hitting in between them so you're on TV and you roll your drive off the tee. Well, it's happened to others who are far better than I.

Julia

Spoiler

You can drink at home with your parents legally. My dad always used to let me have a beer once in a while.

?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by billchao View Post

?

What's the question?

Quote:
In addition, alcohol may not legally be prescribed by physicians for health or medical reasons for any patient under the age of 21, nor may parents serve a sip of alcohol in their own home to their own children in any of the nine prohibition states plus many others or in the nation's capital city.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/YouthIssues/Most-States-in-US-Permit-Drinking-Under-the-Age-of-21.html#.VLcCt8am0_I

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What's the question? [URL=http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/YouthIssues/Most-States-in-US-Permit-Drinking-Under-the-Age-of-21.html#.VLcCt8am0_I]http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/YouthIssues/Most-States-in-US-Permit-Drinking-Under-the-Age-of-21.html#.VLcCt8am0_I[/URL]

Sorry, that was vague. Did I miss something in the thread? I'm not sure what he's responding to.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Sorry, that was vague.

Did I miss something in the thread? I'm not sure what he's responding to.

I don't know. I think maybe he's suggesting the OP was drunk when he posted. :)

But, c'mon y'all… @golfrocks , have you read the posts? The ones BEFORE today's? :P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I will add a #6: Don't drink alcohol, don't smoke (either kind), and don't use illegal drugs or abuse legal ones. All of these things are illegal for you to do at your age,

I was responding to this. And this says in 30 states you can serve your kids alcohol in your home. http://www.legalflip.com/Article.aspx?id=20&pageid;=94 I was just questioning the accuracy of the statement.

Colin P.

I was responding to this.

And this says in 30 states you can serve your kids alcohol in your home. http://www.legalflip.com/Article.aspx?id=20&pageid;=94

I was just questioning the accuracy of the statement.

Ah ok, thanks. I didn't see that post.

Bill

My Swing Thread

You can drink at home with your parents legally. My dad always used to let me have a beer once in a while.

I have no problem with that; that is not the situation I was talking about.

A lot of teenagers who drink, don't do it in that environment. Also, a lot of states are cracking down on adults giving access to alcohol to persons who are not their children. I.E., if you and a buddy drink a beer with your dad, your dad could be prosecuted for letting your buddy have a beer. Not saying a I agree with that if your buddy's parental was ok with it, but it is the law in some places.

I was not referring to gray areas anyway, just kids drinking on their own. I did when I was a kid--beer was legal at 18. But that is not the case anymore, and the legal consequences can be severe, as can the physical and emotional consequences of substance abuse.

I was adding the caution in the context of things that can interfere with academic and athletic participation and success.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Note: This thread is 3369 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!