IGNORED

How Would You Play It? (5th Hole at Capital Hills)

RFKFREAK
Note: This thread is 3390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No doubt problem is my experience is most only consider the yardage. I see guys that have never hit it beyond 300 yards waiting for the green to clear on the 317 yard hole at the course I play most. In three years I've never seen anyone hit it on the green. It's not even a driver hole with the trouble near the green. I hit a 5 iron from the tee on that one because that is where the landing zone is between the tee box and a pond. I prefer a hole like this has an obstacle that discourages waiting on the tee. It's long enough it won't play as fast as a par 3 and trouble makse the possibility of a delay greater. Problem is the reward is very appealing on a hole like this. I've never seen a par 4 that short I'd be going for the green every time. I'd be willing to wager most of my 2014 birdies came on the shortest par 4's.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I see them that short on exec courses, but not on par 72 courses. We have one that is 285 from the white where I'll wait for the green to clear sometimes. Other times I'll hit the 3 wood so everyone doesn't have to wait on me. I'd only try for that green in a scramble.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

From the course website.

Quote:
Head Professional Steven Vatter actually advocates using driver off the tee, aiming at the front left bunker. This is meant to get your ball closer to the green for an easier approach, also sending it past the tight landing areas in the fairway.

Dave :-)

Aim for the woods on the left and hit my driver as hard as I can.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Note: This thread is 3390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!