IGNORED

What golf ball should i be playing with a 80MPH Swing Speed?

Note: This thread is 1746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Another vote for the Titleist DT SoLo and the Bridgestone e6.

I found 6 of the DT SoLo's today in the woods while waiting for the couple in front of me, wasn't sure if they were a decent ball or not.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found 6 of the DT SoLo's today in the woods while waiting for the couple in front of me, wasn't sure if they were a decent ball or not.

I find they dont have much control around the greens. They are medium feel, fairly long, but not alot of spin. They are similar to the old DT Spin or Titleist Tour distance.

Compression matters, yes, particularly if you have a slower or faster swing.

i understand how that works, you're supposed to pick a ball you can compress with your swing speed, but on titleist.com it says that it doesnt matter anymore because of solid cores,

I don't know if thats fact or its just titleist wanting hackers who lose 2 dozen golf balls a game to shell out on Pro v1x's

• 3 weeks later...
Bought a dozen Wilson Fiftys for colder weather play, now that the temps are heading down. Played it this morning in 42 degree weather. Nice soft feel off the tee [not quite as marshmallowy as the Nike PD PowerSoft - a good thing], and good distance.

Different sound off irons, more of a "thwock" than a "thwack". Putted true and somewhat lively.

All in all, a good ball that I'm also going to want to try in warmer weather.

thanks for the suggestions, i think i will try out the Wilson Fifty. More suggestions still welcome though

Top Flite D2's, Precept Laddie, and Titleist DT SoLo. As an extreme example you can use a lady ball.

Top Flite D2's, Precept Laddie, and Titleist DT SoLo. As an extreme example you can use a lady ball.

isn't the laddie just a ladies ball rebranded for men? yeah i plan to try theese all out, thanks

What does that matter? Either way it's a low compression ball for low swing speeds.

nothnig, just he said try the laddie or women's balls, i just wanted to know if there was a difference edit- i felt really weird typing 'women's balls'

nothnig, just he said try the laddie or women's balls, i just wanted to know if there was a difference

Precept Laddie was renamed because some men were insecure and didn't want to hit a "Precept Lady" ball. So I don't think there's a difference, no.

• Administrator
Precept Laddie was renamed because some men were insecure and didn't want to hit a "Precept Lady" ball. So I don't think there's a difference, no.

That's what I've heard.

And I'll actually use a Lady (they were cheaper than the Laddies when I bought three dozen) when it's really chilly out. It stays softer longer, obviously, and I'd rather lose a bunch of those under leaves or in snow banks than Pro V1xs.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 years later...

Me and my wife play 4 days a week, I have hncap of 18, she is 13.

I have tried every soft golf ball in my 5 yrs of retirement, plus 20 yrs before, and so has she. Have preferred Srixon for yrs.

She was settled on Noodle Ice until they quit making them, and after trying others,

she will only use Precept Lady IQ plus. I have tried them when I can steal them from the garage. I strongly recommend them for slow swing speeds.

I was settled on Srixon AD-333 or Trispeeds, and they now quit making them. I have 3 dozen left in the garage. (Bought 6 dozen on Ebay at $11 each)

I hit a ball dead straight but short. At 71, my swing speed is about same as my age.

I will tried several balls to replace Srixon AD333:

For slow swing speeds, I rate the following from 1-10, from experience:

Srixon AD333 (no longer available, but can be found on Web)- Rating -10- $19.99 dz max

Srixon Q Star -   Rating 7 - $24.99 - would use them if price goes down

Precept Lady IQ plus - Rating 9 - $ 19.99 (can be found for $16)

Srixon Soft Feel - Rating 3

Top Flite Distance - Rating 6 - 15 pak for $15- for slow swing speeds - almost as good as Precept

Conclusion:

Use Precept Lady IQ plus - I have seen them on sale for 2doz/$35. I bought 6 dz for wife and me and they are in garage. My wife and I can buy them in bulk on Ebay.

PS: I have been reading about Top Flite Gamer V2 balls. ($19.99). They are a 3 pc ball, and are being touted as a replacement for high end ball like ProV1. Can't figure out if they are good for slow swing speeds, which would normally be best to use a soft 2 pc ball. I will buy a dozen and try them.

HI...I agree on your recommendation for Golf balls.... Precept Lady IQ+ also would think the E5 might work... I like the price of the IQ....$13 at walmart...

Used the MC LADY for many yrs.. Liked those also..

Keep it in the short grass...

PJG

Originally Posted by nykfan4life

thanks for the suggestions, i think i will try out the Wilson Fifty. More suggestions still welcome though

Try Nike Power Distance, Super Soft.

Note: This thread is 1746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!