Sign in to follow this  
nykfan4life

What golf ball should i be playing with a 80MPH Swing Speed?

Note: This thread is 1187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

56 posts / 113866 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I do not know my SS, I would hazard a guess its south of 90 however.  I recently acquired some Warrior SS Soft balls that have a Balata/Surylyn blend cover. They are two piece balls with a polyurethane core. I have not had a chance to use them in actual play, but they feel good in a cage net setup.  (fwiw, despite the warnings and reports of Warrior Golf Company scams, I received the golf balls in only a few days and so far they have not attempted to get me to try out any of their clubs, but when I placed the order, I had explained that at 75 years of age, I did not plan on buying any new equipment.  We shall see if they leave me in peace).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2019 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    • I wonder how long after they retrieved the balls that they were hit.
    • If I am spending $495.. I am spending $550 or $600. I am not going to miss few hundred dollars when I look back a year or 5 later. Honestly I would spend $600 on Pebble before $400 on Pinehurst #2. She just don't hook my fancy for some reason like PB does. I agree with the thought process of those who see it from a once in a lifetime experience. It's not like investing in a lifestyle expense. People spend far more on on recurring dumber things in life over time. 
    • I understand what you're saying, and in my eyes, you've stayed on the appropriate side of the line between golf talk and political talk.  I also live near a Trump facility, the private club in Virginia, in the Washington DC suburbs.  I play against the Trump club on a fairly regular basis in our local interclub league.  As some of the guys here have experienced, my own home club is pretty rural, pretty informal, the complete opposite of the image you've portrayed of the high-end experience.  Yet they guys I've played with and against from Trump National DC, whether playing at my club or at theirs, have generally just been golfers like all the rest of us.  Yeah, they have more disposable money than I do, but they're regular guys.
    • It’s just old school simpletons going by ‘win/lose’ record and nothing else. It’s the same mentality of those who snickered that UCF was the National Champions a couple of years ago...the same way those poor geeks at Texas A&M embarrass themselves and call The University of Texas ‘TU’. Utah in the top four would be a SNL skit.
    • Well, interesting question, because it's close to home.  Next fall I may be spending a couple of months in the general vicinity of Freehold, NJ, with some time for golf, so I've wasted a little time on the internet seeing what's in the general vicinity,  in a nutshell, a well regarded muni, a semi-private club and two private courses (Trump National and something called Due Process Stables) are all around the corner.  From what I can tell, getting onto Trump National is probably doable, and Due Process Stables, probably not).  Neither of them look like they're worth the trouble (and I don't know or care what the greens fees are).  If I want a spur of the moment 'soul of golf' experience, I'll drive an hour south to Atlantic City Country Club.  And I will do that.  If I want a 'soul of golf' experience that requires some planning ahead and connections, there are far more interesting alternatives to chase down in the New York Metro area.  I probably won't bother. More generally, and without getting all political (I hope) . . . the world of golf has some wonderful people who in the current era have developed and underwritten some magnificent tracks (Mike Keiser, the guys behind Ballyneal or the Sand Hills Club, etc., etc.)  The world of golf also has a slew of parasitic operators who use golf courses as keynotes to high end resort/retirement communities or part of the amenities in a high-end luxury experience for a certain type of customer that I have no desire to associate with.  In my opinion, Mr Trump, in his private capacity and not as POTUS or the C-in-C,  and the operations of the Trump Organization, very much fall into the latter category.   His customers, well, to use a phrase my daughter taught me, they aren't my homies.  I'd rather hang out with the members of the men's golf association at the nearest muny, or intellectuals, or bird hunters, or retired military, anybody who doesn't use his bank balance in a hand measuring contest. So, for me, I guess the answer is no, both philosophically and where the rubber meets the road.  
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. baileyshaw437
      baileyshaw437
      (42 years old)
    2. duecetee
      duecetee
      (30 years old)
    3. Marshal Law
      Marshal Law
      (75 years old)
    4. Matt06
      Matt06
      (32 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...