IGNORED

Arccos Game Tracking Device, Looking for Input

Note: This thread is 983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like the additional analytics, but miss the old stats. The strokes gained stuff isn’t really stats. I think they should have a separate analysis tab that shows that stuff. I want to see the actual breakdown of how many fairways/greens I hit, how many putts, percentage of up/downs. They overcomplicated it with the new stuff. And like others have said, sometimes, the “stats” that are included on strokes gained don’t actually add up. I end up going back to the browser dashboard to get the actual stats. Hopefully they bring those back to the app.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

I like the additional analytics, but miss the old stats. The strokes gained stuff isn’t really stats. I think they should have a separate analysis tab that shows that stuff. I want to see the actual breakdown of how many fairways/greens I hit, how many putts, percentage of up/downs. They overcomplicated it with the new stuff. And like others have said, sometimes, the “stats” that are included on strokes gained don’t actually add up. I end up going back to the browser dashboard to get the actual stats. Hopefully they bring those back to the app.

I’m with you.  They’ve got the data. Just a matter of displaying it.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

The strokes gained stuff isn’t really stats.

It's a stat, just as advanced stats for baseball are stats. 

I want to see the actual breakdown of how many fairways/greens I hit, how many putts, percentage of up/downs.

Fairways hit doesn't matter much with out knowing distance. Lets say you hit 100% of your FIR, but you hit 7 iron off ever tee the advantage of hitting the fairway is given away. 

How many putts doesn't matter. If you hit 1 GIR, your # of putts is going to be much lower, but the scoring isn't going to be good if you don't have birdie putts. What if someone has the same number of putts, but hit 15 GIR as the golfer who hits 1 GIR. Strokes gained encompasses this by showing you that he either had an absurdly hot putting day or an absurdly good approach game. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

It's a stat, just as advanced stats for baseball are stats. 

Ok, yeah, calling strokes gained “not stats” was going too far. I’m not saying I want to do away with strokes gained either. I understand the value. I just want some of the basic stats back that I have to go to the dashboard for now. 

• 1 month later...

@Missouri Swede or anyone else who can maybe answer this question, what are the options for tagging putts?  I will not be able to use the inserts on my putter.  I assume you can tag the putts on the app?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

There’s a button that opens up a zoomed in view of the green, and on that view, you can place the flag and the location of your first putt, and any chips close to the green. It only records the location of the first putt as far as I can tell, but you can increment the number of putts on that view or the overall hole view.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, cipher said:

@Missouri Swede or anyone else who can maybe answer this question, what are the options for tagging putts?  I will not be able to use the inserts on my putter.  I assume you can tag the putts on the app?

Yes, you can manually tag the putts with the iPhone app, the Apple Watch app, or on their Link belt device. (I don’t have the link—I use either the watch or iPhone.) In fact, it’s pretty common for me to adjust the # of putts as I finish a hole, since I often have to add on the tap in putts—I don’t have the patience to let it register a tap in.

You do have to pair the putter sensor with the app. If you don’t, the system won’t work at all (just the way they designed the system, I guess). Found this out the hard way: my putter sensor died, and I tried to re-pair it, unsuccessfully. No big deal, I thought. Except next time I went to play (replacement not yet arrived), it wouldn’t let me start the round: “need to pair your putter.” :angry:

Next time the putter sensor died, I knew better: ordered replacement, but didn’t un-pair the dead sensor.  Arccos thought I was chipping in every hole, no putts recorded.  I just added the putts manually as I went.

So for you, pair the putter sensor at home (a onetime thing), put it away in your desk or wherever—don’t throw it away, because you’ll probably need it sometime in the future. Then add all putts manually, as I did when my sensor died.

Here are what the iPhone app and Apple Watch app screens look like (don’t know what Android looks like—I get the impression it’s set up better for Apple):

6A794FE8-BE35-449F-8F52-185D668FDBDA.thumb.jpeg.42e24672f993b82e159d4b3977fb658f.jpeg

[Yes, I’m on my third sensor now.  First one lasted about 5 months IIRC. Second one only lasted 23 rounds.  Both replaced free under warranty — forget if it’s 1 or 2 years. But I’m a little concerned they both died so quickly.]

Edited by Missouri Swede

Craig

Thanks guys, yeah that is definitely something to consider if I go down that route about the pairing and tags for sure @Missouri Swede.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• 7 months later...
On 10/25/2020 at 12:17 PM, Missouri Swede said:

[Yes, I’m on my third sensor now.  First one lasted about 5 months IIRC. Second one only lasted 23 rounds.  Both replaced free under warranty — forget if it’s 1 or 2 years. But I’m a little concerned they both died so quickly.]

That might be the deal killer for me.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

21 minutes ago, treebound said:

I haven't had any issue with the sensors, to-date, but have only had the Arrcos for a few months.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

On 6/8/2021 at 9:13 AM, treebound said:

I’m actually on my 4th summer with Arccos and I have still never had to replace a sensor. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

47 minutes ago, lastings said:

I’m actually on my 4th summer with Arccos and I have still never had to replace a sensor. 

The only one I've had to replace was on a club I kept out, leaned against the wall, to do position drills and dry swings. I learned later that if you just tape over the sensor it doesn't activate and lose battery. I've had mine 3-4 years and have never replaced any of the other sensors.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

@lastings@mdl

I am assuming you guys have the 2nd generation. How many rounds did you do in total? Do you use them all year around? I still have the 1st gen since 2016 but Arccos has discontinued it (they don't send replacements anymore) I was thinking to upgrade to the 2nd gen (I don't want to pay yearly subscriptions for the 3rd)

In any case, if anyone reading this thread has the old 1st gen and want to sell them, he can send me a PM, I can buy them as spare ones

41 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

@lastings@mdl

I am assuming you guys have the 2nd generation. How many rounds did you do in total? Do you use them all year around? I still have the 1st gen since 2016 but Arccos has discontinued it (they don't send replacements anymore) I was thinking to upgrade to the 2nd gen (I don't want to pay yearly subscriptions for the 3rd)

In any case, if anyone reading this thread has the old 1st gen and want to sell them, he can send me a PM, I can buy them as spare ones

yep, 2nd generation.   I have 96 rounds total.   but, since I live in Minnesota, I don't use in the winter, unless I go on a trip or something.  

no replaced sensors.   no replaced batteries.  

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

57 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

@lastings@mdl

I got in with a free trial on the 3rd generation (Ping club purchase) in October 2019.  I liked it the system (vs GameGolf, which I had used for years), so I bought set of 2nd generation in Feb 2020.  I've got a total of 261 rounds, of which about 224 are on the 2nd generation sensors  (some rounds are only 9 holes).  I've still got the 3rd generation in my closet, so I'll be able to use those when my 2nd generation eventually die, and switch over to the subscription plan.

I've had the putter sensor go dead 3 times so far, each time replaced under warranty (2 years, I think).  One thing I learned from the first time it went dead is to not un-pair the dead putter sensor.  For whatever reason, the system needs a paired putter sensor (even if the sensor is dead) on your account to be able to play at all.  So if the putter sensor dies, I just manually enter the putts (real easy--takes about 10 seconds as I'm walking off the green), email customer service and the new one comes in a few days.

Other 2nd gen sensors are still working fine.  If I spend time on the range, I cover the sensor on the club (or just remove the sensor) to avoid wearing down the sensor battery.  I've toyed with the idea of switching sensors from less-frequently used clubs to those I use more often to try to "even out" the battery wear (the app tells you how many strokes you've recorded with each club).

I don't know that 2nd generation is still available by retail. You might be able to find it somewhere.  I figured that for the price I paid for the 2nd generation (190 or so), two seasons was the break even vs the subscription of the 3rd generation (99? 100? per year).  So if I make it to the end of 2021, I've broken even.  Hopefully get longer than that.   So yeah, might be worth looking around online or on facebook Arccos user groups to see if someone wants to sell their 2nd gen, even if lightly used.

• Thumbs Up 1

Craig

On 6/10/2021 at 10:53 AM, Missouri Swede said:

I got in with a free trial on the 3rd generation (Ping club purchase) in October 2019.  I liked it the system (vs GameGolf, which I had used for years), so I bought set of 2nd generation in Feb 2020.  I've got a total of 261 rounds, of which about 224 are on the 2nd generation sensors  (some rounds are only 9 holes).  I've still got the 3rd generation in my closet, so I'll be able to use those when my 2nd generation eventually die, and switch over to the subscription plan.

That's great, with 200 rounds it would last me 7-8 years...

But probably there is some battery discharge over the time even when you are not using it.

Right now they are still offering replacements for the 2nd generation, but at some point I guess they will fully discontinue that generation like they did with the 1st one

What is changing with Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors? We are transitioning Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors to a subscription product once our existing...

8 hours ago, Yossarian said:

That's great, with 200 rounds it would last me 7-8 years...

But probably there is some battery discharge over the time even when you are not using it.

Right now they are still offering replacements for the 2nd generation, but at some point I guess they will fully discontinue that generation like they did with the 1st one

What is changing with Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors? We are transitioning Arccos Caddie Smart Sensors to a subscription product once our existing...

I think almost all batteries are subject to a very slow discharge over time but the Arccos sensors only turn on (as I understand it) when exposed to light. Mine have lasted a very long time - probably a 150 rounds. I replaced one because I thought it was looking pretty scuffed from bouncing around in the bottom of my bag on the end of my driver but it was still working and I stored it away in a drawer in case I need it in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

FYI, they confirmed me that you can replace a 1st gen sensor with a 2nd, the whole system works with the mix.

I will not give up to the tyranny of subscriptions!

Note: This thread is 983 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!