IGNORED

Robert Allenby Claims He Was Kidnapped, Beaten, Robbed in Hawaii

jamo
Note: This thread is 3193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nope as in deep seeded ignorance not deep seated proper.

You might want to get your metaphors right, otherwise you'll end up in the grammar thread.

The term is "deep seated", not deep seeded . :roll:

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

And no, I don't think that the kind of "help" that you would be suggesting is of any benefit at all. Embarrassment may well make a person think twice about committing a similar mistake later on. Remember, this fellow has a habit of sacking hard-working caddies (over 30) for no good reason and being an all round jerk.

If he is who you say he is than there is probably nothing at this stage in his life that will change him or the many of choices he makes.  It really only serves to vindicate what you and others have been saying about him.  Not that there is much doubt about what you have been saying.

And I'd be happy to see a list of people I've thrown stones at that don't deserve them.

People who can hit a ball out of knee deep water?

20 markers who would be scratch if they could putt?

Guys who describe their iron play as "pro quality" after picking up the game three months ago?

Scrawny thirty odd year olds who think Titleist should subsidise their 5 year long holiday?

People who believe that the more expensive the putter, the better it is?

Add a few to the list...I dare you.

Tempting but...I'll pass. ;-) I have deal with my paranoia and have too much scripture to read this morning.  It is also OT.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saw this earlier. Made me chuckle!

• Upvote 2

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Saw this earlier. Made me chuckle! [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/113256/] [/URL]

I laughed pretty hard at seeing this one, thanks!

• Upvote 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

My mother in law just went through this. The bank wont call it fraud if you don't file a report. It keeps people honest and gets the cops working with them (if they even bother) to find the thief and possibly get some of the money back.

This still doesn't explain the details of his story, though.

That isn't actually true. One of the three largest credit card issuers in the USA recently texted me about suspected fraud on my card. Their words. They gave me a number to call OR suggested I call the number on the card itself. I thought the text itself might be fraud, so I called only the number on the card. Sure enough, there were two denied uses of my card at locations about 200 miles away. I confirmed the attempts at those locations were not from myself or my wife, and they deemed them fraud. Again, their words, without a police report.

That isn't actually true. One of the three largest credit card issuers in the USA recently texted me about suspected fraud on my card. Their words. They gave me a number to call OR suggested I call the number on the card itself. I thought the text itself might be fraud, so I called only the number on the card. Sure enough, there were two denied uses of my card at locations about 200 miles away. I confirmed the attempts at those locations were not from myself or my wife, and they deemed them fraud. Again, their words, without a police report.

This happened to me as well. The reason for contacting me was that somebody tried to use my credit card number at a convenience store. That sent them a red flag because I had never used my credit card at a convenience store in my life. They cancelled the card and I had a new one in two days.

Bill M

Victimhood sells, and Allenby is counting on that to trump his nutty story.

Yep. That combined with an inability to "own" behaviour and accept responsibility is a bad combination. Narcissistic tendencies need to be curbed when your number is up, but try telling that to a Narcissist!  But the blaming of others is what is worse.

30 caddies were all bad, you see and the media pick on him.

Someone gave him a yardage that was three metres out and, of course, being such an awesome player, it means the difference between a win and a loss. He's always blaming others and this episode is typical.

This is why I admire so much the caddies who just put the bag down and walk off mid round. It shows personal integrity

But...some of our friends on the site believe we need to help and support him.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

This happened to me as well. The reason for contacting me was that somebody tried to use my credit card number at a convenience store. That sent them a red flag because I had never used my credit card at a convenience store in my life. They cancelled the card and I had a new one in two days.

This is exactly what happened in my situation. A lot of folks do not realize how good the large credit issuers algorithms are for detecting fraud. They let go my purchases when out of state because they can see that i purchased plane tickets to that location, so they actually expect me to use my card there. They stop the transaction at a Weis Markets two hours from my house because A) I have been with this card company for 20 years and never went to that town B) I have never gone to Weis Markets C) It was $400 and my card has never opnce been used in that amount at any grocery store. Their algorithm told them it was fraud, so they denied it and then it turned out they were correct.

That was the first fraud on my card in 20 years, and also the first time the card was ever denied. That is a sensational track record if you ask me.

Yep. That combined with an inability to "own" behaviour and accept responsibility is a bad combination. Narcissistic tendencies need to be curbed when your number is up, but try telling that to a Narcissist!  But the blaming of others is what is worse.

Someone gave him a yardage that was three metres out and, of course, being such an awesome player, it means the difference between a win and a loss. He's always blaming others and this episode is typical.

This is why I admire so much the caddies who just put the bag down and walk off mid round. It shows personal integrity

Shorty, I have a feeling that if I ever met you we'd get along just fine. You seem like a no bullcrap kind of guy, and that is good in my book. And I am with you, if you have an issue, just own up to it, admit it, work on it, and come back a better person. The people who make crap up are not fooling anyone anyway.

You spotted a firsr rate troll and fraud on these boards a while back and took a lot of grief for it. Trust me, you were correct on that situation too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorty

Shorty, I have a feeling that if I ever met you we'd get along just fine. You seem like a no bullcrap kind of guy, and that is good in my book. And I am with you, if you have an issue, just own up to it, admit it, work on it, and come back a better person. The people who make crap up are not fooling anyone anyway.

You spotted a firsr rate troll and fraud on these boards a while back and took a lot of grief for it. Trust me, you were correct on that situation too.

Yes, I remember that incident, very vividly. :scared:

I'm just glad Shorty is back again. . . :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

It's not fun if you don't name names! :-D

Yes, I remember that incident, very vividly. It'

I'm just glad Shorty is back again. . .

He left? :hmm:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Yes, I remember that incident, very vividly. It'

I'm just glad Shorty is back again. . .

He left?

There was a time when he stopped posting for a bit, but came back with vigor. What's funny is that he had to eat crow for a bit even though he turned out to be dead on correct in that incident!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2015/2/11/robert-allenbys-credit-card-thief-nabbed-his-kidnappers-to-r.html

Honolulu strip club regulars and tourists walking of the Amuse Wine Bar can breathe a big sigh as police have caught the man who took Robert Allenby's credit cards while the Australian PGA Tour golfer lay passed out after hitting his head on a rock.

Though Allenby concocted for multiple television interviews a story of kidnapping and ditch dumps and what sounded like offspring of the Manson family beating him up for national television, the Honolulu Police Department spokesman tells the Herald Sun's Aleks Devic that the media exposing the contradictions made their job more difficult.

A Honolulu PD spokesman said Allenby’s version of events as “very consistent” throughout and criticised media coverage of the incident, which he said had made the police’s investigation more difficult.

When asked if police believed the suspect had obtained the cards from a passed out Allenby, the police spokesman said: “We’re not speculating as to how he got it. We know he had it and he used it.”

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 4 months later...

http://www.golf.com/man-pleads-guilty-using-allenbys-credit-cards-hawaii-1

Quote:

HONOLULU (AP) -- A Hawaii man pleaded guilty Tuesday to using Robert Allenby's credit cards after the Australian golfer said he was robbed and beaten in Honolulu.

Allenby recounted a bizarre saga in January that involved having no memory of what happened for 2-1/2 hours after he left a Honolulu restaurant. He went to dinner, and said he later woke up in a park with a bloodied face.

Owen Harbison was arrested in February on charges of identity theft, attempt theft and unauthorized possession of confidential personal information.

As part of a plea deal, Harbison agreed to a five-year prison term, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Jacob Delaplane said. Sentencing is scheduled for Aug. 12.

No mention of what happened to Allenby, nor how Harbison came to possess Allenby's ID and credit cards.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

http://www.golf.com/man-pleads-guilty-using-allenbys-credit-cards-hawaii-1

No mention of what happened to Allenby, nor how Harbison came to possess Allenby's ID and credit cards.

So many of the greatest hits storylines of the year are getting updates today, it seems. I'm half expecting it to all converge at a singularity soon with a story that Robert Allenby woke up from his daze alongside Tiger Woods and Amanda Dufner.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Note: This thread is 3193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!