IGNORED

Robert Allenby Claims He Was Kidnapped, Beaten, Robbed in Hawaii

jamo
Note: This thread is 3166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Being a navy veteran with shipmates who were stationed there and my son who is a Marine stationed there 3 yrs; this is not uncommon and the Hawaiians are famous for this. Yes they are racist.

I agree it seems strange, why wasn't he with the guys he showed up with?  Whenever I'm in a foreign place I make sure my group sticks together, no man left behind, etc. Maybe Allenby got set up by a girl and was jumped heading into her car or wherever she drove to. Looks like he'll be okay considering that he's lucky to be alive.

Really sad for Allenby. I hope he makes it to the Humana Challenge. The thieves weren't very smart taking his credit cards and cell phone. What are they going to do with them? Agreed, it's odd that he was not noticed missing for that amount of time. The time line was not given in he report, but if my group of friends were with him that evening we would have been searching for him within 15 minutes.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I agree it seems strange, why wasn't he with the guys he showed up with?  Whenever I'm in a foreign place I make sure my group sticks together, no man left behind, etc.

Maybe Allenby got set up by a girl and was jumped heading into her car or wherever she drove to.

Looks like he'll be okay considering that he's lucky to be alive.

Really sad for Allenby. I hope he makes it to the Humana Challenge. The thieves weren't very smart taking his credit cards and cell phone. What are they going to do with them?

Agreed, it's odd that he was not noticed missing for that amount of time. The time line was not given in he report, but if my group of friends were with him that evening we would have been searching for him within 15 minutes.

Unless he was headed back to the hotel alone when they wanted to have another drink.  In that case, they wouldn't notice anything until breakfast.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Really sad for Allenby. I hope he makes it to the Humana Challenge. The thieves weren't very smart taking his credit cards and cell phone. What are they going to do with them?

Agreed, it's odd that he was not noticed missing for that amount of time. The time line was not given in he report, but if my group of friends were with him that evening we would have been searching for him within 15 minutes.

I don't mean to cast negative aspersions on Allenby, I don't know much about the guy or if he's even married but the situation just seems weird.  We're all taught to not wander off when in foreign places without your buddies so the fact he did seemed questionable.  Maybe he was just drunk,walked outside for some air and got jumped, who knows.

The lack of details also makes it sound as though Allenby isn't providing much detail either due to the amount of alcohol he consumed, being drugged or embarrassed.  One story indicated that he was being kicked by homeless people when he was found so were they the ones that did the damage or was it whoever drove him six miles away and took his belongings?

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

I don't mean to cast negative aspersions on Allenby, I don't know much about the guy or if he's even married but the situation just seems weird.  We're all taught to not wander off when in foreign places without your buddies so the fact he did seemed questionable.  Maybe he was just drunk,walked outside for some air and got jumped, who knows.

The lack of details also makes it sound as though Allenby isn't providing much detail either due to the amount of alcohol he consumed, being drugged or embarrassed.  One story indicated that he was being kicked by homeless people when he was found so were they the ones that did the damage or was it whoever drove him six miles away and took his belongings?

The US really isn't a "foreign" place for Allenby, since he has played full time on the PGA Tour for many years now.  True that we may not have all the details, but that's no reason to be suspicious of Allenby's conduct.

Rick

The US really isn't a "foreign" place for Allenby, since he has played full time on the PGA Tour for many years now.  True that we may not have all the details, but that's no reason to be suspicious of Allenby's conduct.

Foreign to me is a location that I'm not personally familiar with.  I know some cities pretty well but would have no idea what neighborhoods were safe and which weren't in Hawaii.  Just because it's the US doesn't mean it's safe.

Joe Paradiso

True that we may not have all the details, but that's no reason to be suspicious of Allenby's conduct.

True, but my guess is that some type of "transaction" went terribly wrong.

It reminds me of our former Prime Minister, Malcolm Fraser, found  without his trousers in a Memphis hotel.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

True that we may not have all the details, but that's no reason to be suspicious of Allenby's conduct.

True, but my guess is that some type of "transaction" went terribly wrong.

It reminds me of our former Prime Minister, Malcolm Fraser, found  without his trousers in a Memphis hotel.

Memphis trousers affair

On 14 October 1986, Fraser, then the Chairman of the Commonwealth Eminent Persons Group, was found in the foyer of the Admiral Benbow Inn, a seedy Memphis hotel, wearing nothing but a towel and confused as to where his trousers were. The hotel was an establishment popular with prostitutes and drug dealers. Though it was rumoured at the time that the former Prime Minister had been with a prostitute, his wife stated that Fraser had no recollection of the events and that she believes it more likely that he was the victim of a practical joke by his fellow delegates.[16]

Missing a critical component to the description. . . :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I just don't understand you guys putting this on something Allenby did with no evidence to support it.  Do you always take take this sort of a tack when someone claims to be the victim of a crime?  Are you the ones who blame the victim of a rape for "inviting" the attack because she wore a short skirt?  Until more evidence surfaces, I take it at face value.  There were a few posts supporting the probability that this was a simple mugging, and since I know nothing about Hawaii, I'll reserve any such judgement until it's warranted.

• Upvote 3

Rick

I just don't understand you guys putting this on something Allenby did with no evidence to support it.  Do you always take take this sort of a tack when someone claims to be the victim of a crime?  Are you the ones who blame the victim of a rape for "inviting" the attack because she wore a short skirt?  Until more evidence surfaces, I take it at face value.  There were a few posts supporting the probability that this was a simple mugging, and since I know nothing about Hawaii, I'll reserve any such judgement until it's warranted.

QFT. Why even both speculating?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

[quote name="jamo" url="/t/79330/robert-allenby-kidnapped-beaten-robbed-in-hawaii#post_1096281"] QFT. Why even both speculating?[/quote]Lets make it a double. Sheesh guys.

I just don't understand you guys putting this on something Allenby did with no evidence to support it.

Hmmmm.... We'll wait and see ;-)

The reason people speculate is pretty simple isn't it? When the OP put the news out there he did so that people interested in talking about the subject had a platform to do so. There are only so many possible scenarios in terms of what someone can post in my opinion. 1. People can be sympathetic and just say things like "oh too bad", "I feel bad for the guy", "what a terrible thing to happen to someone like him" 2. People can talk about personal experience and be empathetic if they have been through it or someone they know had been through it 3. People can speculate about what happened and the possible reasons why:. Looking at all possible scenarios. If rules were put in that no one was allowed to speculate anymore about what happened then all you would be left with are just the I feel bad posts and similar stories (which depending on the story might be no one) So, why complain about people who speculate about what happend? Isn't he whole point is to get people to talk and post their opinions? You can always reserve the right to call them put on their wrong speculation if facts come out disproving it, but until then speculate on your own or rebuttal what they said.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

The thing about Allenby is that he has a history of doing things that make him extremely unpopular, and has a habit of big noting himself.

This does not mean that he has been less than honest, but I suppose the thing is is that if it were another player, one would not necessarily jump to conclusions or blindly accept "facts" as they are presented.

People who claim to wake up and not remember things quite often have a vested interest in having memory lapses. (wink, wink).

The incident is about Allenby, not Hawaii.

The thing about Allenby is that he has a history of doing things that make him extremely unpopular, and has a habit of big noting himself.

This does not mean that he has been less than honest, but I suppose the thing is is that if it were another player, one would not necessarily jump to conclusions or blindly accept "facts" as they are presented.

People who claim to wake up and not remember things quite often have a vested interest in having memory lapses. (wink, wink).

The incident is about Allenby, not Hawaii.

IMO when anyone takes enough substance to the point where they don't remember or they black out are in fact putting them selves in what ever questionable situation they end up in.. so the fact that posters question and speculate about what happened is expected.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Being a navy veteran with shipmates who were stationed there and my son who is a Marine stationed there 3 yrs; this is not uncommon and the Hawaiians are famous for this. Yes they are racist.

My brother-in-law was there for many years and always said that native islanders hate even us folks from the mainland. They don't mind taking our money, but they are not so friendly otherwise. I always thought he was being a drama queen, but maybe not.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 3166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!