IGNORED

Robert Allenby Claims He Was Kidnapped, Beaten, Robbed in Hawaii

jamo
Note: This thread is 3187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If it went down as @k-troop hy isn't the caddie and other guy confirming it?   Why didn't Allenby get drug tested just on the off chance it was still present in his system?  Why would muggers leave him with a credit card?  Why mention the FBI?  Just too many unanswered questions and inconsistencies to, as others said, pass the "smell" test.

No matter what went down I feel bad he got beat up and robbed.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/79330/robert-allenby-kidnapped-beaten-robbed-in-hawaii/54#post_1096594"]   Somehow, I think that Shorty has a little more knowledge of prominent Australian golfers than me having a brother in law living in Canada and another random Canadian knowing him. ;-) [/QUOTE] Why? Do you think you know more about American golfers than Shorty does just because you live here. In the information age I don't think our geographic location is of any advantage or disadvantage. We probably know more about pro golfers than most simply because we are more serious about golf than the average guy on the street. But even with all the exposure from 24 hour Golf Channel news and coverage and endless Tweets from tour players I don't feel like I know any of them personally or anything. You see lots of so and so is a douche because he acts out type stuff but it's still limited info. A lot of people think Sabbatini is a tool. But if he turned up murdered my reaction wouldn't be he had it coming and probably caused his own demise.

Yeah, but being Australian, I would suspect that he would track Australian golfers better than most of us?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

Speculate away, I don't think anyone is going to tell you not to. My statement above is a pretty general statement even if I was insinuating that this was the case. However, like you pointed out maybe he was drugged there isn't anyway for us to know, but I stick by my general statement that who ever consumes these substances willingly bears a responsibility of what happens to them.

In terms of pitch forks comment please refer to my post #32 as it seems all you are looking to read are "I hope he is better" comments which doesn't make for an interesting read IMO

Huh?  That's not even a rebuttal.  You stipulate that there isn't any way for us to know what happened or why he doesn't remember what happened, then in the same sentence blame him.  What the hell?

And your argument makes no ****ing sense!  Because it's "boring" to sit around and feel bad for somebody, that is a license to just say whatever the hell we want about them?  You don't just get to make shit up because it's more interesting.

Abu is obviously anti alcohol.  Drink a beer or a glass of wine and apparently you are inviting the muggers to rob and beat you. :blink:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

The funny thing is he was leaving a wine bar. These are overly expensive tapas restaurants where you pay $15 for an ounce of wine that pairs with an equally expensive miniscule plate of food. When you leave two hours later you've drank what would be just three glasses of wine anywhere else because you've been served a dixie cup of it every 20 minutes while you nibble on a $20 scallop with a microscopic piece of pork belly on it. On the way home you have to drive through Del Taco because you are starving. It's not like he was getting hammered in a skid row bar.

Dave :-)

Abu is obviously anti alcohol.  Drink a beer or a glass of wine and apparently you are inviting the muggers to rob and beat you.  :blink:

Well, these aren't your average muggers are they. These are the ones that "drug" you then put you in a trunk and take you 6 miles away or so and then beat you up and for what? To take your wallet so they can go by a bottle of whisky using the credit card. These masterminds of course are able to do this right from their base of operation in the upscale restaurant that serves minuscule size plates and one ounce drinks of course. let us not make this about how I feel about the widow maker I mean alcohol, as this story leaves people asking so many questions it's not even funny.. How much planning do you think it took for these criminals to come up with this master plan? Drug this pro golfer so they can beat him up and what? Teach him a lesson? because you hear about this all the time right, typical mugger behavior in Hawaii im assuming.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

The funny thing is he was leaving a wine bar. These are overly expensive tapas restaurants where you pay $15 for an ounce of wine that pairs with an equally expensive miniscule plate of food. When you leave two hours later you've drank what would be just three glasses of wine anywhere else because you've been served a dixie cup of it every 20 minutes while you nibble on a $20 scallop with a microscopic piece of pork belly on it. On the way home you have to drive through Del Taco because you are starving. It's not like he was getting hammered in a skid row bar.

I had to laugh, because some of my colleagues and I did this and ate tacos to fill ourselves up. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Well, these aren't your average muggers are they. These are the ones that "drug" you then put you in a trunk and take you 6 miles away or so and then beat you up and for what? To take your wallet so they can go by a bottle of whisky using the credit card. These masterminds of course are able to do this right from their base of operation in the upscale restaurant that serves minuscule size plates and one ounce drinks of course.

let us not make this about how I feel about the widow maker I mean alcohol, as this story leaves people asking so many questions it's not even funny..

How much planning do you think it took for these criminals to come up with this master plan? Drug this pro golfer so they can beat him up and what? Teach him a lesson? because you hear about this all the time right, typical mugger behavior in Hawaii im assuming.

I think you're being a bit naïve in how you're presenting the circumstances.  While I question the reporting of what actually happened let's not underestimate the criminal mind.  The locals knew a PGA golf tournament was being played there which means lots of easy targets with money were running all over the island and would be easy marks.  When I participated in trade shows in my industry it was not coincidence that there were more prostitutes and homeless working the areas around the convention center and local bars trying to get a piece of the out of towners money.  It's this reason why I said we always traveled in groups because people on their own were easier targets.

For all we know, the same guys that mugged Allenby had mugged other visitors and it was simply a case of Allenby being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Despite what your view is on alcohol, it appears to have little to do with what occurred.  If Allenby got into a bar brawl because he was intoxicated you could make your case but based on the details we have now, it doesn't appear to have been a major factor.

Joe Paradiso

I only mentioned it because the conservative contingency seemed to be equating wine bars with keg parties and beer bongs. You don't go to a place like that and get sloppy drunk. I hate them. Everyone pretends the over priced wine is great, sniffing it and all that, while you have an overbearing waiter insist that you stick to the recommended food pairings. I am a foodie but these places are dining hell.

Dave :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Well, I would think you know more about him than any of us. . .

I still feel bad for him, and maybe he'll avoid such circumstances in the future? One can only hope. . .

I get your point, but I still had a chuckle.  Reminds me of those small-talk conversations that go like this:

"I'm from Canada"

"Oh yeah?  My brother-in-law is from Canada.  His name is Joe Smith ... do you know him?"

Ha! That's funny, I do know Joe. I didn't know he was your brother-in-law though. You should come visit. Bring a jacket.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

This thread sure got... interesting. Being under the influence does not negate a person's right to not be assaulted. I will not speculate on the circumstances of Mr. Allenby's case, so that's really all I have to say about all of this.
  • Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

[QUOTE name="Golfingdad" url="/t/79330/robert-allenby-kidnapped-beaten-robbed-in-hawaii/54#post_1096565"]   [QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/79330/robert-allenby-kidnapped-beaten-robbed-in-hawaii/30_30#post_1096553"] Well, I would think you know more about him than any of us. . . I still feel bad for him, and maybe he'll avoid such circumstances in the future? One can only hope. . .[/QUOTE] I get your point, but I still had a chuckle.  Reminds me of those small-talk conversations that go like this: "I'm from Canada" "Oh yeah?  My brother-in-law is from Canada.  His name is Joe Smith ... do you know him?" [/QUOTE] Ha! That's funny, I do know Joe. I didn't know he was your brother-in-law though. You should come visit. Bring a jacket.

He goes by Joseph. Kind of the formal type.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

The FBI thing could have easily been a mix up as @Golfingdad alluded to. Steve Sands reported that same day that the PGA's head of security, a former FBI agent, will be heading the investigation from the PGA's standpoint. I won't be surprised if he mixed that up as an FBI investigation.

I don't care for speculation, so I'll wait till I get more information rather than make silly, judgmental, asinine, premature comments.

Folks love scandal, and they'll seek it wherever. I'm glad he made it out alive and somewhat safe.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Go on google and punch in robert allenbys boat.....,and see the pictures of his last party on his boat and all the police... Boy likes to party.... All sounds weird to me...bib Aussie Lie....,,..R[quote name="colin007" url="/t/79330/robert-allenby-kidnapped-beaten-robbed-in-hawaii#post_1096029"]That's nuts. Not the kind of thing you think of happening to someone semi-famous in America. More like something that happens in Colombia.[/quote]

Why? Do you think you know more about American golfers than Shorty does just because you live here. In the information age I don't think our geographic location is of any advantage or disadvantage. We probably know more about pro golfers than most simply because we are more serious about golf than the average guy on the street. But even with all the exposure from 24 hour Golf Channel news and coverage and endless Tweets from tour players I don't feel like I know any of them personally or anything. You see lots of so and so is a douche because he acts out type stuff but it's still limited info.

A lot of people think Sabbatini is a tool. But if he turned up murdered my reaction wouldn't be he had it coming and probably caused his own demise.

Dave, they are having the big Golf Industry Convention in Orlando this week. I was down there for the past 6 days at Orange County National just playing golf with gjuys who are in for the convention. I played golf and had drinks with several Brits and Assies and this "story" got a lot of talk from them. They all confirm what Shorty is saying. Allenby wore out his welcome with a lot of folks, just as Shorty has said. One guy said of him "he basically has no friends". Now that is incredibly harsh, but those were the Aussie guy's words.

It would not shock me if Allenby, looking to have some fun, just got in with the wrong crowd and they rolled him, or gave him one of those date rape drugs so rolling him would be that much easier, which would also explain his not being able to remember anything.

Also, and this is directed at those who claim Hawaii is a bad place, I have been to Hawaii 5 times and never had a problem. Then again, I don't go looking for fun with strangers after midnight either.

word on the street, is the whole Allenby situation is being investigated by the very best......

I'm glad it's the old timer Five - O instead of the new crew!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!