IGNORED

Robert Allenby Claims He Was Kidnapped, Beaten, Robbed in Hawaii

Note: This thread is 2043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just don't understand you guys putting this on something Allenby did with no evidence to support it.  Do you always take take this sort of a tack when someone claims to be the victim of a crime?  Ar

I expect this response from you. As the self appointed TST regulator it is par. You cast more stones than anyone I have ever ecountered. I am never sure if it is deep seeded angst or a strange form o

You mean deep- seated , don't you? And no, I don't think that the kind of "help" that you would be suggesting is of any benefit at all. Embarrassment may well make a person think twice a

Not sure why you had to include Aussie in your tirade. But yeah that's what we need an bunch of drunks heckling a guy that has obvious alcohol related issues .

I am not fan of heckling or teasing people who are sick.

However he has made his bed on this one. he could have very easily admitted he messed up and caused his injury.

He could have came out and announced that he has an issue with Alcohol and is trying control his demons.

But he did none of those!

If any amount of time was spent by the police investigating his false claim when they could have been fighting real crime, than he deserves to be heckled.

He wants to come out and admit his issues, I can revisit my opinion!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Allenby is a fraud.... Wait till thd boys get em this weekend on 16...... He deserves it.... Lying Aussie

The funny thing about this is that in the Australian Open they had a "Party Hole" at Royal Sydney.

Allenby complained about it, threatening to not play there again if it continued, whining and whingeing in his usual arrogant, conceited, entitled way (which is why he is so despised).

Needless to say, when he played that hole he was mercilessly heckled. It was hilarious.

http://golfweek.com/news/2015/jan/27/robert-allenby-phoenix-open-press-conference-live/

Opening statement

"There is an investigation going on to what did happen on that Friday night. The authorites are doing their absolute best. They're hoping in the near future that something will be reported. ... There's definitely been a lot of confusion, but I think the No. 1 thing that you all should remember is that my story has stayed exactly the same as the way I told it. I told you what i knew and what someone told me. I never lied to anyone.

"From that, the media have decided that they are the most amazing experts at investigations. There's a reason why detectives in Honolulu are some of the best in the world. I'd really appreciate it if maybe we can let them do their job. ... What has been blown out of proportion is that I was the victim and all of a sudden you're putting all the blame on me.

"From about 11:06 to 1:27 a.m., I have no memory in my brain. I have nothing. ... I can't tell you how frustrating that is because we all want to know the truth. ... My headaches have only just gone two days ago. It's like someone stuck a knife in me eye.

"It's something that I endured throughout that night and I appreciate everyone's support that has supported me. I do read comments and have seen what everyone has said. ... I think at the end of the day, I was in a place having a nice dinner, having a nice night and then I became a victim and now it's all being turned around.

"What's happened has happened. The police will come out with the right story, so please let them do their job, don't get in the way of them and everything will be great."

On whether he went to a strip club that night

"From 11:06 to 1:27 in the morning is a blank. No memory of that."

On whether he drank enough that night to have blacked out

"There's no way in the world that what I drank could do what I had done to me."

On what has surprised him the most

"I realize that I don't have any friends in the media, maybe one. That's it. That's all I can say."

On whether he knew the men he left the wine bar with

"I don't know. I never met them in my life. I only saw them on surveillance."

On if he has any regrets about the story getting out

"I've always been a person that holds my regrets, but I take everything on the chin, if I make a mistake, I apologize and I walk on."

On if he has any regrets about the story getting out

"I've always been a person that holds my regrets, but I take everything on the chin, if I make a mistake, I apologize and I walk on."

Well he has proven he cant take a shot to the chin, he just ends up flat on his forehead!

I just watched the entire press conference and there are a few things that I take away from it.

The first thing he did was to cite the ongoing investigation, while my understanding is that the Honolulu police are skeptical of his account and have pretty much stopped investigating everything other than the credit card use.

He is making a full frontal assault on the media. I don't want to defend them because I am aware that, the way they operate, the more sensational the better. But there were a lot of inconsistencies and there is good reason to question his description of events.

He got really defensive, almost accusatory, over a legitimate question about how much he had to drink that night. A little too defensive, IMO.

He got really defensive, almost accusatory, over a legitimate question about how much he had to drink that night. A little too defensive, IMO.

Robert Allenby? Defensive? Accusatory? Noooooooo! Not him!!! :-$

I am not fan of heckling or teasing people who are sick.

However he has made his bed on this one. he could have very easily admitted he messed up and caused his injury.

He could have came out and announced that he has an issue with Alcohol and is trying control his demons.

But he did none of those!

If any amount of time was spent by the police investigating his false claim when they could have been fighting real crime, than he deserves to be heckled.

He wants to come out and admit his issues, I can revisit my opinion!

I still don't care. I don't get the LCD's propensity for rubber-necking and taking pleasure in another's misfortune, self caused or not. If his life is that messed up he needs help not ridicule.

I still don't care. I don't get the LCD's propensity for rubber-necking and taking pleasure in another's misfortune, self caused or not. If his life is that messed up he needs help not ridicule.

+100000

Ridicule is the help that people like Allenby need. Public shaming and embarrassment can be quite powerful aids in solving the problems of some people.

Ridicule is the help that people like Allenby need. Public shaming and embarrassment can be quite powerful aids in solving the problems of some people.

I expect this response from you. As the self appointed TST regulator it is par. You cast more stones than anyone I have ever ecountered. I am never sure if it is deep seeded angst or a strange form of auto-affirmation.

• Upvote 2

I expect this response from you. As the self appointed TST regulator it is par. You cast more stones than anyone I have ever ecountered. I am never sure if it is deep seeded angst or a strange form of auto-affirmation.

You mean deep- seated , don't you?

And no, I don't think that the kind of "help" that you would be suggesting is of any benefit at all. Embarrassment may well make a person think twice about committing a similar mistake later on. Remember, this fellow has a habit of sacking hard-working caddies (over 30) for no good reason and being an all round jerk.

And I'd be happy to see a list of people I've thrown stones at that don't deserve them.

People who can hit a ball out of knee deep water?

20 markers who would be scratch if they could putt?

Guys who describe their iron play as "pro quality" after picking up the game three months ago?

Scrawny thirty odd year olds who think Titleist should subsidise their 5 year long holiday?

People who believe that the more expensive the putter, the better it is?

Add a few to the list...I dare you.

• Upvote 2

Note: This thread is 2043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!