Sign in to follow this  
Bopper3000

Choosing irons

Note: This thread is 1781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 posts / 441 viewsLast Reply

I'm currently deciding on new irons. I'm leaning towards Titlest 714 MB. Reading up on them, they say you lose distance. Should a mix bag be the answer? 3-6 with the CB and 7-P with the MB? I've hit the MB a few times (only 6 iron) and seemed to be on point. If anyone had these please let me know how they work for you.

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I'm currently deciding on new irons. I'm leaning towards Titlest 714 MB. Reading up on them, they say you lose distance. Should a mix bag be the answer? 3-6 with the CB and 7-P with the MB? I've hit the MB a few times (only 6 iron) and seemed to be on point. If anyone had these please let me know how they work for you.

First welcome to The SandTrap! Hope you stick around and contribute in other areas.

Muscle back irons are not that big of a concern in the higher lofted irons. When you get into the longer clubs they tend to be lower launching so it is hard to get proper consistent distance gaps. Example a 4 iron might fly only half or just only far as a 5 iron. This is were throwing in a more Game Improvement type iron, maybe an AP1 style might be more beneficial because then you get a higher launching iron and can max out that longest iron to a proper gap. Maybe looking into a good hybrid. Also it makes the long irons more forgiving. With all honestly no one is pin seeking with a long iron.

Personally I play Mizuno MP 59 irons. I had trouble hitting the 4 iron, so I added the JPX 825 Pro 4 iron. I found that to be much more consistent.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the feedback. I currently carry a 2 hybrid, which I hit well . I don't carry any woods (never really in that situation, I can hit my hybrid around 235). I love the blade style iron. I'll give the AP1 and 2 a try and compare. Thx

Note: This thread is 1781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!