IGNORED

2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The funniest moment on 16 was when some guy yelled " if you make this putt you'll be top 3 in the world! " while Patrick Reed was lining up his putt.

LMAO - outstanding:dance:.

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been hearing "He's rusty" for the past year and a half. I truly think he's lost right now with his golf swing and his confidence. Not saying he can't get it back, but it's not as easy path back. Just going to take a lot of hard work and practice.

I was thinking the same thing. Dude has hit balls virtually every day for the past 3 months, how can he be rusty?

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Last week on Thursdays tee times I noticed Berger, Ortiz, Finau, A. Putnam, A Hadwin, Cejka, Barber, Axley, Homa, Curran, Fathauer, Saunders, and a few more with last Tee Times or near the end. Not eactly sure it was all of these guys, but most. I notice it quite a bit on the tour. All things should be even and the Tee Times should be a blind draw at the start and then rotate out of that on Friday. The following week if you were in the middle section on thursday / friday then you should be put into the late or early sets. I know something better could be set up for the PGA. Excluding personal tour dates (if you dont play each week). Not fair that a group of guys like this that worked so hard on the Web tour are dropped to the back because their NAME isn't popular. Funny how all of them were from the web tour too. It should be fair and it could be done much better. I understand and they could still match certain players the way they want. Create the "bigshot groups"... The guys frop 75 - 125 suffer too. Working on a spreadsheet so I cant keep track of guys that do well in the morning vs late. Helps with handicapping them if picking by the day... No one likes playing on a course that had 100 guys walk though it the past 6 hours...

With all due respect, what the hell are you even talking about? Players earn their tiers based on their play. New players haven't earned anything, they're considered tier 4 (or something like that). They're lucky they're in the field to be honest cuz a bunch of qualified players didn't make it in. Win a bunch or a major or 2 and you move up to tier 1. What is this talk of "fair"? Everyone goes through it and they EARN their way to the top. Much like life.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

What is this talk of "fair"? Everyone goes through it and they EARN their way to the top. Much like life.

I like this phrasing: "life is not fair. That doesn't mean you can't win."

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

From 7.57 a.m - 12.16 a.m. you have the names of importance. Early guys play on a wet slow track and late guys on a trampled course tore up by the best in the world. Yes, there are a few good names outside that box. You can bet that if Adam Hadwin or James Hahn get 7 top 10 finishes with 3 wins and and a second in a major this year. They will get a better tee time next year and that is just wrong, only in my opinion. No other sport offers such an advantage to the top players. You cant really compare tennis, the other individual sport as a seeding is different.

I don't think Thursday and Friday pairings make a difference in TV viewing dollars. Plus, it would be good to know all the players a little better. Acually wish the golf channel had a show or two on the young guns, up and comers, comback players. Also an informative show into their lives a little, who got married this year, small injuries, things that brought us closer without infringing. 10 each 2 minute interviews each month... Even a show into the college programs.

I could not DISAGREE more with the bold above.  Each tournament should pick the Thursday and Friday tee times however they deem appropriate, giving them maximum flexibility to do whatever they want. If they want to generate excitement through pairings, fine. If they want to impose fairness, sure, whatever (even if I disagree with the premise). In general, however, golfers earn what they get on tour, and if it's better tee times, so be it. I've got no issue with it whatsoever. In fact, I find it odd to want to impose fairness on the players.  From what I've seen over the years, randomness plays as much a part as any other factor in whether a draw is good or bad. These guys are professionals, and they are aware of courses change conditions throughout a day due to weather or sun conditions or just usage, and they adapt their games accordingly.

Regarding getting to know the young guns, there' a weekly PGA show on the Golf Channel called Inside the PGA Tour . They have exactly that kind of info, and you'd probably a enjoy it. Here's a link to their YouTube channel-->https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkx_YwdxOhppJMyBU9uV7MAIQja53suqp. They've recently profile Freddie Jacobsen and Sam Saunders. I remember they did a good one on Billy Horschel   about a week or two before he caught fire. It was uncanny how I'd just watched the profile on that show, and then saw his name everywhere. They tend to profile younger players after they have a good tournament or two, which can sometimes lead to them getting very hot.

Here's Freddie Jacobsen. It's kinda typical of their profile segments:

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tiger not only has the worst short game on tour, but if these past two events are any indication the worst short game ever on tour. That short game would get him bounced early from The Big Break.

Who would have ever thought he was going to be lost pitching the ball? He was the best in the world around the greens and now GC analysts are saying he's got the yips! Wow!

LOL. You know things are bad when former players, web.com players, and tour rookies are openly criticizing/mocking your game.

@maxhoma Taken 5: Liam Neeson rescues Tiger Woods golf game

In 42 yrs of playing golf, a SWING change has never changed my release point in chipping. I've never heard of such a thing. Makes no sense

I'm gonna guess that the cut line is at even (baring weather influences) and Tiger sits at +2, scheduled to go off at 7:57 in the fourth group of the day.

Does Tiger make the cut and play the weekend? What sayeth ye?

Aye! Tiger does play the weekend

Players play, tough players win!

I was thinking the same thing. Dude has hit balls virtually every day for the past 3 months, how can he be rusty?

I've read it on these forums so many times that Tournament golf does not equal practice in any way. He needs to get back in the flow of hearing 1 billion cameras go off every time he makes a swing.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I've read it on these forums so many times that Tournament golf does not equal practice in any way. He needs to get back in the flow of hearing 1 billion cameras go off every time he makes a swing.

Yes, I believe there's something to that but don't say he's rusty because his swing is grooved in from 3 months of practice. I just started playing after 5 months not touching a club. That is rusty.

I'm gonna guess that the cut line is at even (baring weather influences) and Tiger sits at +2, scheduled to go off at 7:57 in the fourth group of the day.

Does Tiger make the cut and play the weekend? What sayeth ye?

Aye! Tiger does play the weekend

Aye, and if Tiger doesn't put up a good score today and make the cut then I think lots of people won't tune in this weekend.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Anyone know what's going on with the live streaming?  Was supposed to start at 10:30 est, then bumped to 10:45, and now it's 11:00......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Coming on now.....

Tiger +1 thru 4......including a par at the par-5 13th that he eagled yesterday.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!