IGNORED

What advice would you give Tiger?

rcarat
Note: This thread is 3362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Play more tournaments and if you are not in contention regularly (Top 10) after the US Open, honor your sponsoship commitments but exit the tour as soon as you can.  You tarnished your legacy enough with your personal behavior so at least leave on a professional note.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Id tell him to retire because i dont think hell win much again.They talk about Phils window being closed,i think Tigers is just as much closed.82 on that course is pretty bad even with the rainy conditions.

Tiger 13 months ago (PGA TOUR player of the year, most wins on tour) Phil 18 months ago (won the Open Championship major, 2nd in US Open) As I stated before, certainly not at their elite level.. but retirement?

Tiger 13 months ago (PGA TOUR player of the year, most wins on tour) Phil 18 months ago (won the Open Championship major, 2nd in US Open)

As I stated before, certainly not at their elite level.. but retirement?

I was just pickin.I still think its safe to say he wont catch Jack though.I think Tiger and Phil will probably win 2 more majors a piece and about 5-7 more wins in regular tournys but that will be it.

Enjoy the super bowl ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Retire.....

I'll second this ... he just simply doesn't need the aggravation.

It would be a kick in the teeth to all his detractors if he just pulled the plug and actually lived the retired good life that's right there in front of him and available to him with his assets ... personally, I'd love to see him JUST DO IT, laugh his way to the bank and say f@*% off to all his detractors one last time - I'd actually be his biggest fan if he actually said those exact words in his farewell speech and threw down the mike on the floor as he walked off ....

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

If this continues all year then yes, retire; its over.

If he can turn it around SOON, then keep truckin. He needs to get out of his own way. I know we all hate Brandel, but his analysis of Tiger's swing, especially chipping was spot on. Tiger even said he is stuck in between two swings. He is all head games and that needs to change soon. He needs to lose the arrogance and accept Rory is taking over. He needs to come to terms with who he is at this point and play smarter golf while at the same time not over thinking or critiquing his own game. He also just needs to reset set his goals.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

If the passion is still there, keep fighting - you'll get your game back.

See I just don't get the feeling his passion is still there. I get the feeling he is pushing to at least break Snead's record and squeak out some more wins in hopes he figures it out and maybe gets some more majors. I get the feeling he's checked out. He's also completely in denial.

I think this is all just a marketing stunt.  Next week he is "spotted" with a full bag of Nike Vapor Speeds all the way through sand wedge and then goes on to win the next tourney with his new GI setup.  Interview goes something like"Gee, I guess it was just these old-fashioned clubs holding me back.  Everybody should go get fitted for the new Vapor Speeds!"

See I just don't get the feeling his passion is still there. I get the feeling he is pushing to at least break Snead's record and squeak out some more wins in hopes he figures it out and maybe gets some more majors. I get the feeling he's checked out. He's also completely in denial.

You could be right - at least to the level needed to win tournaments.

But the guy has always seemed extremely competitive. I've always thought that as long as he's healthy, he'll have that edge to him. He'll at least want to get back to where he's making cuts.

I guess we'll find out.

Jon

You could be right - at least to the level needed to win tournaments.

But the guy has always seemed extremely competitive. I've always thought that as long as he's healthy, he'll have that edge to him. He'll at least want to get back to where he's making cuts.

I guess we'll find out.

Yeah but today's game you have Jimmy Walker surging to 4 career wins in a little over a year. You have a plethora of talent, and depth at talent. These guys are all incredible. Every one of them. It The tour wasn't the same in his prime. On top of that you have Rory now. His mental game may have use to been his edge, but he was also a longer hitter, the best putter, one of the best chippers on all types of courses, oh and healthy.

Moving on from Butch was one thing. I hate Hank Haney, but moving on from him was a mistake. I think Foley was the worst decision he made. Foley over complicates things and for a guy like Tiger, with his ego and own self critiques, it was IMO too much analyzing. I know I know, he had a great 2013 season. Injuries are of course the biggest issue. But he is healthy now. His short game was not just posting an 82 bad, but it was down right embarrassing. I mean honestly, some of those shots were something some of us on this forum would not even hit.

I truly believe for Tiger to even win on tour again, he must overhaul his mental approach, expectations, and attitude. I don't mean he should drop confidence; he doesn't need to. But he cannot go out there and in his mind think "I have won 14 majors. I am arguably the best ever. I can beat all of these guys." Of course he can beat them, but he should not approach it this way at least now.

From a technical standpoint, he needs to do exactly what Brandel said. Brandel is a jackass, but he knows what he is talking about. His explanation of Tiger's swing earlier tonight was spot on. Putting is lot about confidence. He needs to focus on his chipping and irons to get himself into better position. Stop with the overthinking on his down swing and get back to a comfortable setup and swing. He improves his iron play and chipping, he puts himself into better position. His confidence builds back up and he starts hitting the incredible shots out of the bunkers and he starts draining the 5 footers again.

If St Andrews comes and he is still lost, blading wedge shots over the green, shanking chips and snap hooking drives while using the "i'm in between swings right now" excuse, he might as well hang em up.

Play 18 holes of practice every other day with nothing but your wedges and putter.  The other days play with the whole set.  If that doesn't work...beer.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

The question I have for Tiger is how big is his drive and motivation? You have to remember when Tiger was at the top of his game, he was obsessed with golf. He was obsessed with being the best. I watch Tiger Woods and I watch his interviews and I just get the sense golf isn't first for him anymore....and there's nothing wrong with that. He's just more family-oriented now and I just don't see that fire in him like I once saw. I think Tiger can regain his form if he puts in the time and dedication....but I just don't know if the drive is there anymore.

His short game today looked like a guy who hasn't picked up a club in 6 months, which makes me wonder if he even practiced the last 6 months? I'm sorry...some of those chips today were shots that I see from 10-handicaps at the local municipal golf course. They were bad. I watched those chip shots and my jaw was just left wide open...I have no answers for some of those chips. It was shocking.

Every time he changes his swing his short game suffers although I've never seen it this bad. I think he needs to play more and just keep working at it. I got a feeling he's not been practicing as much the last few weeks since he's been traveling with Vonn to where ever she was skiing the last couple weeks.

Note: This thread is 3362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!