IGNORED

What advice would you give Tiger?

rcarat
Note: This thread is 3363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sorry, forgot last sentence. Keep practicing and playing to the best of your current ability, let the chips fall where they may and enjoy your life.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

[QUOTE name="beachbreak" url="/t/79679/what-advice-would-you-give-tiger/72#post_1101267"]   With the chipping and pitching scar tissue he has accumulated recently, I seriously doubt he will be able to come up big with either one in a pressure packed situation. OK, I'll call it the yips. He has not been the same since the Thanksgiving incident. Changing techniques has hindered him as well. Throw in his age and I believe we have seen the end of a dominant career. Maybe he wins another tournament, but never another major. Again, too much scar tissue. He had his time, a long time, 20+ years, this is not his time anymore. I saw it with Ali, Tyson, Nicklaus, Mays, Favre, Namath........................... Time waits for no one. [/QUOTE] There have been so many signs that this isn't the same Tiger anymore. The true believers can't see them, but everyone else can. The signs are thjere, they just can't see them. Reminds me of this scene from the movies ... [Video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p68zH_Dw0Zw[/video]

With the chipping and pitching scar tissue he has accumulated recently, I seriously doubt he will be able to come up big with either one in a pressure packed situation. OK, I'll call it the yips.

He has not been the same since the Thanksgiving incident. Changing techniques has hindered him as well. Throw in his age and I believe we have seen the end of a dominant career. Maybe he wins another tournament, but never another major. Again, too much scar tissue.

He had his time, a long time, 20+ years, this is not his time anymore.

I saw it with Ali, Tyson, Nicklaus, Mays, Favre, Namath...........................

Time waits for no one.

He's got a few years before the Senior Tour :beer:

All I know is Tiger Woods won the PGA player of the year and led the tour with most wins 13 months ago, and Tiger Woods was #1 in the world rankings just 8 months ago. It's going to be ok... The opinions here from high handicappers and regular everyday golfers like us are comical and enjoyable to read.

All I know is Tiger Woods won the PGA player of the year and led the tour with most wins 13 months ago, and Tiger Woods was #1 in the world rankings just 8 months ago. It's going to be ok...

The opinions here from high handicappers and regular everyday golfers like us are comical and enjoyable to read.

I wish I could have been given odds last year on my prediction that Tiger would never win another (official PGA) tournament. 6 months ago yall probably would have given me 1000-1 odds. Enough of you are still in denial where I might get 20-1 odds now...I'm guessing it'll be about even money in another 6-12 months. Keep on fighting the good fight though Torres.

All I know is Tiger Woods won the PGA player of the year and led the tour with most wins 13 months ago, and Tiger Woods was #1 in the world rankings just 8 months ago. It's going to be ok...

The opinions here from high handicappers and regular everyday golfers like us are comical and enjoyable to read.

So when David Duval, Ian Baker-Finch and Seve Ballesteros lost their games in the matter of months, did you also think "They're top of the line golfers...they'll bounce back, no problem."

It's not as easy as you think. You can't just snap your fingers and expect you to turn into the player you were two years ago. I remember an interview with Baker-Finch and he said the worst thing that can happen is when you start shooting in the 80s regularly. Your confidence is shaken to the point where you're actually afraid to go out and hit a ball because you're expecting the worst.

It's not to that extent yet with Tiger. I think Tiger still has time to turn it around, but these next several tournaments will be important. He needs to make progress and he needs to work his butt off outside of tournaments. I hope he still has that drive inside of him because that's another key part of him turning it around. If it's true like some say that he's not taking golf as seriously as he used to and he's spending a lot of time now with his family and not practicing every day, it's going to make the comeback a lot harder.

• Upvote 1

I wish I could have been given odds last year on my prediction that Tiger would never win another (official PGA) tournament. 6 months ago yall probably would have given me 1000-1 odds. Enough of you are still in denial where I might get 20-1 odds now...I'm guessing it'll be about even money in another 6-12 months. Keep on fighting the good fight though Torres.

The true believers can't see it, and even if they could they'd deny it. Tiger is like Mike Tyson. Once the self belief of invincibility is gone it is over.

I could see Tiger working hard enough to win a few more tournaments, but he's never going to be the Tioger of old. Those days are long gone.

We're probably commenting because for the first time, his game resembles ours. Well, except that he's a lot longer tee-to-green than I am. But then, my short game is better than his.... :-P

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We're probably commenting because for the first time, his game resembles ours. Well, except that he's a lot longer tee-to-green than I am. But then, my short game is better than his....

Someone implied he had his Driver worked out. But even that is not really accurate. Sure he was long, but he hit about 50% of the fairways and he had super wide misses to both sides. Even with a short game he would not have sniffed the leaderboard.

I was simply stating facts. Whether Tiger returns to form or not, it has no direct implication on my life or anyone else for that matter-wishing well on a professional figure. No one is denying he is struggling. That's a fact too. The bottom line is most here feel that Tiger, who only 8 months ago was #1 in the World rankings should go ahead and retire, some think its a little premature for such drastic action. That's all.

Id tell him to retire because i dont think hell win much again.They talk about Phils window being closed,i think Tigers is just as much closed.82 on that course is pretty bad even with the rainy conditions.

I don't think it's fair to judge him on one bad comeback.  If he missed several more cuts, I'd be very concerned. But you are right- that's an easier course even with the rain. Not that I've played there, just what I've read. Just goes to show the dude's short game is awful, just terrible. He's lookin like one of the chicks on Big Break twirling his lob wedge after he sticks the ball to 24 ft from 30 yards away or giving himself some stern self-talk and head shaking after skulling a chip over the green.

I don't think it's fair to judge him on one bad comeback.  If he missed several more cuts, I'd be very concerned. But you are right- that's an easier course even with the rain. Not that I've played there, just what I've read. Just goes to show the dude's short game is awful, just terrible. He's lookin like one of the chicks on Big Break twirling his lob wedge after he sticks the ball to 24 ft from 30 yards away or giving himself some stern self-talk and head shaking after skulling a chip over the green.

I agree the sample size is pretty small to determine if he's washed up or not but this was the 2nd tournament he looked like a amateur pitching and chipping.  He's still struggling to find the fairway with his driver but we're used to that.  We're not used to seeing him thin the ball around the green and out of the sand.

He's got a lot of work to do as he doesn't look much different than he did in December around the green.

Joe Paradiso

How many MC is where you get concerned? What is the magic number?

This weekend should be interesting.I didnt get to see him play but if its just his short game then hell bounce back because he can fix that but if is driving keeps sucking then hes screwed.They said thats the reason Seve was done because of bad driving.

Hank Haney says Tiger's game is full of holes.

“When you start playing musical teachers, you know the end is pretty darn close.”

When caller Kevin from Savannah predicted Woods would bounce back at Torrey Pines, always one of his favorite playgrounds, next week, Haney laughed and said, “Let’s get serious. Later he added, “That would be a magic show if that happens.”

http://golfweek.com/news/2015/jan/31/tiger-woods-yips-hank-haney-comments-pga-tour/

I have a couple thoughts:

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 3363 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!