IGNORED

damper on east coast golf

Note: This thread is 2252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mother nature says no

Yeah, I think it's going to be much like last year where we don't see an open golf course until late March at the earliest. Not only does this nonsense have to melt, but the ground has to dry out enough that you don't take a bucketful of fairway up with every iron shot. Shame. February remains the only month that I haven't played golf in.

Gotta pray for heavy rain and temperatures on the plus side to beat some of this snow down.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 weeks of 40 plus and some rain and we may just may get some golf in 2nd week of March here on LI. Right now the wind is wicked and temps are frigid.

Yeah, it's not letting up. No one's even picking up at driving ranges when I call to ask if they're open, haha. Last year they at least tried until they ran out of balls. Now it's too cold to even bother. The only heated one near me, Heartland, never seems to have those heaters on

It has been so cold I haven't even attempted to go to Heartland. Been at the PGASs to hit.

Yeah, I demoed a ton of drivers, irons, and hybrids yesterday at Golfsmith while I had some time to kill between doing college interviews for local kids.

My league starts the first week of April.  That would be April 2nd this year.  I don't see how all the snow (frozen solid at this point) will disappear by then.  Especially when we haven't seen a day anywhere CLOSE to normal (38* today) temperatures in a long, long time.

March is going to have to be in the 60s or better to melt the 2 feet of snow and ice by April.

Waaaah ... I don't like cold weather anymore.  Uncle.

dave

It's been a brutal winter here.  You know it's cold when you get a brain freeze just from breathing.  I can't imagine my home course being playable by its scheduled open date of March 13.  Last year we couldn't get a recordable round in until mid April.

[quote name="14ledo81" url="/t/80108/damper-on-east-coast-golf#post_1106076"]Sorry, I don't feel bad for you guys.  Check the northern WI forecast.

But you're USED to the 49 hours of summer you get a year.[/quote] Well I can always hope for at least 50, can't I? :)

Well I can always hope for at least 50, can't I? :)

So many people I know are in Madison and they rave about the beautiful summers there. And I hear you have great golf courses (and the US Open / PGA coming up!). Can't be that bad!

[QUOTE name="14ledo81" url="/t/80108/damper-on-east-coast-golf#post_1106122"] Well I can always hope for at least 50, can't I? :)[/QUOTE] So many people I know are in Madison and they rave about the beautiful summers there. And I hear you have great golf courses (and the US Open / PGA coming up!). Can't be that bad!

They are right. Our summers are great. I can still complain about winter though, can't I?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Well I can always hope for at least 50, can't I? :)

I've always said that there's nothing wrong with 12 months in Wisconsin.......as long as 6 could be in July, and 6 in October!

Thats about right....

Has been very playable in Virginia Beach/Williamsburg area (high 30s-low 50s) until this week. Seems like warming up again in the next few weeks. For all those who don't have to have absolute Florida weather it is 'only' 6-7 hours drive from NY City and probably the closest playable area close to northern states on the east coast!

Note: This thread is 2252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!