IGNORED

The Tiger Woods/PED Thread

Phil McGleno
Note: This thread is 2201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Believe Tiger Violated Rules and Took PEDs?

• Yes
    • No

I never said that 9iron beat his wife.  I technically never even said I believed he beat his wife.  What I said was that it was POSSIBLE that he beat his wife, which I stand behind.

The fact that we haven't heard about him beating his wife must mean he's beaten his wife.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd sure hate to have some of these guys on any jury with me.  We'd never come to a not guilty verdict unless the evidence was simply nonexistent.  If the guy was walking down the same street as where the crime occurred, they'd be certain of his guilt, especially if he was bald and well muscled.

Seriously, I was just thinking about this, and it's really scary seeing how little shaky evidence is needed for some of these guys to vote yes. The logic is baffling

The answer I've always heard - and maybe this is mostly true about HGH specifically, I don't know - is that it helps you recover from injuries faster.  (Which is another reason why it seems more likely Tiger's not on the juice - has he recovered yet from any of his injuries in the past several years?  Doesn't seem so.  My suggestion would be for Tiger to START taking HGH RIGHT NOW!!!)

I have heard the same thing, but I don't see much of that with Tiger, which leads me to think maybe there are other benefits that might stand out with golf.

It isn't just shorter recovery times, it is also:

lessened fatigue and increased stamina and endurance.

increased mental acuity and endurance

Consider that even video gamers are starting to discuss how to regulate PED's, you know that certain PED's aid in this way. Take Adderall, for example. In 2012 there were mopre NFL suspensions for Adderall than any other drug, and Adderall is specifically designed to help increase mental awareness.

Thanks, I'll have to look that up

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Tiger looks HUGE on tv. When i went to a tournament and saw him in person, he was half the size that I expected him to be. He's just a normal sized but very fit guy. Also, hes a professional athlete, so it makes sense that he would be super fit. those of you who rely on his appearance as proof....I just have to think you've never seen him in person or have never been inside a gym before.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Tiger looks HUGE on tv. When i went to a tournament and saw him in person, he was half the size that I expected him to be. He's just a normal sized but very fit guy. Also, hes a professional athlete, so it makes sense that he would be super fit. those of you who rely on his appearance as proof....I just have to think you've never seen him in person or have never been inside a gym before.

Well the camera does add 10 pounds...

—Adam

The quickness with which some of you are making it seem that it's probable that Tiger has taken PED is pretty funny.  Even funnier is that people think that Tiger has displayed m ood swings or aggressiveness to the level where it'd be described as significant.  From what I've seen of Tiger, the emotions he's displayed aren't very out of the ordinary that you'd see from the average person.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

The quickness with which some of you are making it seem that it's probable that Tiger has taken PED is pretty funny.  Even funnier is that people think that Tiger has displayed mood swings or aggressiveness to the level where it'd be described as significant.  From what I've seen of Tiger, the emotions he's displayed aren't very out of the ordinary that you'd see from the average person.

Aaron Baddely threw a couple of major tantrums in a single round at the International one year.  First he tore up the 14th tee box with his driver after missing a tee shot, then after his 2nd on 17 landed in the front bunker, he snapped his 4I across his knee (he did that right in front of when I was marshaling on that hole - the incident on 14 I heard about over the two way radio).  He must have been on PEDS or he'd certainly never have reacted that way. :doh:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

The quickness with which some of you are making it seem that it's probable that Tiger has taken PED is pretty funny.  Even funnier is that people think that Tiger has displayed m[COLOR=181818]ood swings or aggressiveness to the level where it'd be described as significant.  From what I've seen of Tiger, the emotions he's displayed aren't very out of the ordinary that you'd see from the average person.[/COLOR]

You realize that it isn't just some of us who are linking him to PED right? [URL]http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/558291[/URL] In fact if you look at the sample size of the people who voted above you will see that the % of those that voted yes are still less than the pros that said yes when they were asked.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

You realize that it isn't just some of us who are linking him to PED right? [URL]http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/558291[/URL] In fact if you look at the sample size of the people who voted above you will see that the % of those that voted yes are still less than the pros that said yes when they were asked.

so.....A poll that shows 76% of his peers don't think he juiced, makes you more certain that he did?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

No, my opinion was made up before that when I looked at all the available information. I was simply letting him know that if he is surprised at the people here who are voting yes that we are not alone. I thought that was clear from the post I made in the context I made it. If you are asking me I don't really care what the poll says and I don't make up my mind from them. One way or another..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

The quickness with which some of you are making it seem that it's probable that Tiger has taken PED is pretty funny.  Even funnier is that people think that Tiger has displayed mood swings or aggressiveness to the level where it'd be described as significant.  From what I've seen of Tiger, the emotions he's displayed aren't very out of the ordinary that you'd see from the average person.

Stenson is definitely on roids. He snapped a club over his knee one time (Aggressiveness), and he's big (Muscle gain from when he was a teenager), hits that 3w a country mile, and above all, he knows Tiger, who knows Dr Galea who is a known PED distributor. I rest my case.

• Upvote 1

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

You realize that it isn't just some of us who are linking him to PED right?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/558291

In fact if you look at the sample size of the people who voted above you will see that the % of those that voted yes are still less than the pros that said yes when they were asked.

It is ironic that the head line of that huffpo article (written years ago) says that 24% of golfers believe that Tiger used PED's, but the current poll result shows the number who believe it is up to a whopping 59%. That is a majority now. This flies in the face of those here who are ridiculing us for the belief it is possible.

Equally ironic is that virtually every time people get all heated up defending Tiger around here, one national voice or another brings him up in an unflattering light. The other day it was Tiki Barber and his radio side kick on CBS Sports Radio. Today it is Don Imus who decided to react to yesterday's  A-Rod non apology-apology. Whatever anyone thinks of Imus, he has a national radio audience of about 2.25 million listeners + his Fox Business TV viewing audience that would have heard this. So how does this involve Tiger? It involves Tiger because right after he called A-Rod a pretty derogatory term he brimngs up Lance Armstrong and, you guessed it, Tiger Woods. Then the 6 people on his panel jumped on the two of them as well, meaning Lance and Tiger, with a debate about which of the three is the phoniest (they used a far worse term) athlete in the world. The segment lasted several minutes. This is what is happening when you actually broaden your horizon beyond TST.

Maybe if we wear blinders we can pretend this stuff never happens.

Finchem was asked about Tiger's name being on that list. I think Finchem decided it best to not reveal anyone's name on the list. Why not just end all the speculation? Just a hunch, because that list is held by others too.

Funny how Tiger won his last major in mid June 2008 in the event just prior to testing on the PGA Tour. Then he wins his last PGA event of any kind right about when the knowledge of that Biogenesis list surfaces. You can't make this stuff up.

The conspiracy theorist in me loves these little tid bits. However the historian in me would say the world is filled with events and actions that line up, but that does not make them truth.

So yeah, I'm calling all of you who voted "Yes" unreasonable. You let your dislike for Tiger push a teeny amount of evidence over the line so that you could leap from a tenuous Point A all the way to Z. Or at least… whatever the 14th letter of the alphabet is (N).

For the record I do not "disike" Tiger. Quite the opposite. I have always enjoyed watching him play. As I said before when he was on, there was no one better to watch on a sunday. However I have become jaded by all professional athletes.

I remember watching the McGuire & Sosa homerun battle with pure ignorance. When all the PED use came to light in baseball, the purist and innocence in me died a little inside.

I dont know why, it should not have, but it did. I always assumed that those who love the game and have an opportunity to play the game, be it golf, baseball or any other sport would not go to illegal lengths to get ahead.

Now I am just jaded, Braun, A Rod, Nelson Cruz, Bonds etc.....it is all chemical enhanced performance. And if you watch baseball you know A Rod cant cross the street without mention of PEDs. In baseball you hit more than 30 HR's and everyone whispers about PED. (look at what Batista from TOR as an example)

But that is baseball. Football they suspend someone for 4 games for PED and no one seems to care.

Golf, the attitude (atleast to me) seems to be that "no golfer would ever use PED". But lets not forget that Johnson was suspended for chemicals.

In golf there seems to be no skepticism.

Tiger was soooo much better than everyone else at his peak. Could he have been, Maybe. Would it surprise me, NO. Can I prove it, NO.

But dont flame me for saying that it is possible.

keep an open mind,

but in the meantime I root for his return to his best form.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

And I would find those pros pretty funny, too.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Do we really need 10 pages for a "Do you like Tiger" thread? I could have told you this was going to be an 80/20 thing. Roughly 80% of the folks on this site like/love Tiger and 20% don't like him for various reasons. Those who like him, don't believe or don't want to believe that he would ever use PEDs while the 20% who don't think very highly of him believe that it's at least possible he used.

• Administrator
It is ironic that the head line of that huffpo article (written years ago) says that 24% of golfers believe that Tiger used PED's, but the current poll result shows the number who believe it is up to a whopping 59%. That is a majority now. This flies in the face of those here who are ridiculing us for the belief it is possible.

Please look up the definition of "ironic."

Also, if you're counting a poll as "information" to support your case, it's weaker than weak. It's quite likely the people who want to think he did PEDs are the ones searching out that article. Or they're the same dopes who think Tiger looks like an NFL player because they see him on TV.

Please get this one very simple thing into your head: nobody is ridiculing you for thinking it's possible . To say that is either to flat out lie or show incredible stupidity.

The segment lasted several minutes.

Why you think that's relevant is beyond me. Please, let's get Howard Stern on the phone, and if he agrees Tiger did PEDs, well by golly, they must be right, because they have popular radio shows! Let's strip him of ALL titles, fine him a billion dollars, and force him to caddie for Stevie Williams, who we all know was the real player all those years…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I voted no. I have my issues with what Tiger has done wrt golf (not personal issues). But he's too much of a competitor to enjoy winning by cheating or doing this. Like the supposed times he cheated, well I think he would do whatever is permitted by the rules but wouldn't knowingly cheat.

And FWIW, this is the most compelling argument I've seen/heard in defense of Tiger. If I had to bet I would still bet that he used but thinking about this makes me lower my confidence level a bit.

And FWIW, this is the most compelling argument I've seen/heard in defense of Tiger. If I had to bet I would still bet that he used but thinking about this makes me lower my confidence level a bit.

How about this-there is no actual evidence to support him doing PEDs. Just a little bit of circumstantial bull. If you demand proof that he did not do PEDs then you are asking that someone prove a negative.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Do we really need 10 pages for a "Do you like Tiger" thread? I could have told you this was going to be an 80/20 thing. Roughly 80% of the folks on this site like/love Tiger and 20% don't like him for various reasons. Those who like him, don't believe or don't want to believe that he would ever use PEDs while the 20% who don't think very highly of him believe that it's at least possible he used.

Somebody in the room just got Bingo. The rest of this thread is pointless BS.

• Upvote 1

Bill M

Note: This thread is 2201 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!